It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the U.S. Ready to Become Scandinavia?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Yes.

Let's all cheer on the successful carbon polluting countries !!!

Go OIL !!

But why are those places all deep in debt?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
America was founded by people trying to escape European stupidity. It would be a shame to give up our uniqueness and return to the dark ages of European colonialism.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
a reply to: ketsuko

Not too mention cutting off immigration. You cannot have unchecked immigration and high levels of social welfare. the math simply won't work as the US is finding out now. In addition, countries like the US basically allow smaller countries to live out their Utopian desires because we essentially bear the burden of being the world's police with our expansive military.

True. I forgot that we would also need to more or less scrap almost all of our military and demand that someone else do that now.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

True. I forgot that we would also need to more or less scrap almost all of our military and demand that someone else do that now.

What, pray tell, is wrong with scrapping military?? --

I'd like to see that money fund infrastructure, feeding/housing people in need, educating our youth, investing in alternative/clean energies, etc.
edit on 8/12/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

The question is who might end up using those "infrastructures".

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Like, Americans who aren't in the 1%?

What are you talking about?

And - I challenge you to write more than three lines, and leave off the smiley and laughy faces.

(Just so a new member or two might take you seriously. Ya know. )

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Cabin

I guess when you take into account the population difference that accounts for some. Also every place has limited resources. We are 18 trillion in debt and many people will say it doesn't matter, yet as the debt grows so does the amount of interest payments on debt. That means less money for other things because the interest must be paid. On top of that the split along racial/ political/ religious/ is quite ugly to the point no one can ever agree on anything. It won't get any better anytime soon. We unfortunately have many living under the illusion that the proper political party can fix these problems but they can't. There are many problems and reasons for them. If you enjoy your life that's great. My answer doesn't cover all the why's just some

top topics

<< 1   >>

join