It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

muhammed?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
im a noob to the ATS, have been looking at the forums for 1 hour none stp.
dont know whats right and whats not!

i like to know ur OPINIONS on muhammed and jesus?

whats the link between them, is there?

does the old bible metion muhammed, or does quran mention Jesus (isa)

thanks (dont shoot me
)

[edit on 29-12-2004 by serlex]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The Bible does not mention Mohammad, as he was born in 570AD.

The Arab nation are born of the twelve sons of Ishmael, first born son of Abraham and Hagar, his egyptian handmaiden. Muslims must bear witness that there are no other Gods besides the God of Abraham, and that Mohammad is one of the messengers of God.

Islam is not a new religion. In fact, Muslims believe it is the same message sent by such prophets as Moses, Jesus, Noah, and Abraham : To submit themselves to the one and only God, and to follow a God-conscious way of life.

Jesus is remembered in Islam as the prophet Isa.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flange Gasket
The Bible does not mention Mohammad, as he was born in 570AD.

I am not so sure about the Bible not mentioning Muhammad. The muslims believe the following lines refer to him:

�He is the one who comes after me, the thongs of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie." (John 1:27)

�And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever� � (John 14:16)

Other than that I would agree with Flange Gasket. Isa, which is the arabic version of Jesus, is remembered as one of the great prophets, although according to Islam he was not divine.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi
I am not so sure about the Bible not mentioning Muhammad. The muslims believe the following lines refer to him:

�He is the one who comes after me, the thongs of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie." (John 1:27)

�And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever� � (John 14:16)

Aren't those quotes reffering to Jesus though?
thats what i always thought. According to my knownledge Muhammad is not evening mention in the bible, not in code (well, thats kinda false, apparently, a bible code states Muhammad is a false prophet and is a tool of the devil)

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
huh? I thought those quotes are by Jesus. I would not know though...a bit rusty in my bible studies, I am afraid

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I'm not too versed on the subject of the two of them together......I just wanted to say hi and ask if you tried the search feature? I can't say for sure, but I would imagine there are threads around here that you may be interested in on this subject, though I could be wrong. At any rate....welcome, this is a great site for learning if used as such.....

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

thats what i always thought. According to my knownledge Muhammad is not evening mention in the bible, not in code (well, thats kinda false, apparently, a bible code states Muhammad is a false prophet and is a tool of the devil)

hey?
i dont get it, if that it said then, muslim will be hated even more christians!

the way i know it is, muhanmmed was metioned in the bible as the last prophet, one after him (jesus). but people chnaged the bible or what ever, so muhanmed was known as evil.
and

how does the 'world ending both sides.

i think both say that Jesus (ISA) will come down from sky! is tha correct?

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
"I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ to another gospel: Which is not another; but there are some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. But though we, or an angel from heaven, should preach any other gospel to you than that which we have preached to you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so I say now again, If any man preacheth any other gospel to you than that ye have received, let him be accursed." [Galatians 1:6-9]

The Koran is another gospel! In the Koran, Jesus Christ isn't God in flesh as the biblical gospel tells us, he is just another prophet. The Koran is Satan's attempt to pervert the true gospel of Christ.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   

The passage you seek is John 1:21, as in "that prophet." Christians don't like to address that phrase much, I suspect it managed to elude elision.

[edit on 1/1/05 by SomewhereinBetween]

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SomewhereinBetween

The passage you seek is John 1:21, as in "that prophet." Christians don't like to address that phrase much, I suspect it managed to elude elision.

[edit on 1/1/05 by SomewhereinBetween]

John the Baptist said the first one and was asked the second question. I am a christian and these verses don't cause a problem.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

The first refers to Jesus and the second refers to the Holy Spirit.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt John the Baptist said the first one and was asked the second question. I am a christian and these verses don't cause a problem.

Glad to hear that, now let me provide the verseS in full from 1:19. We know that the OT tells us two will come, the Messiah and Elias/Elijah. So let's dissect the questions then.

19 And this is the record of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, Who art thou?

20 And he confessed, and denied not; but confessed, I am not the Christ.
Christ is the first identified, the Messiah according to Christians, and John admits to not being he. One down.

21 And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias?
Elias/Elijah is the second identified, and John admits to not being he. Two down, none left to eliminate.

21 cont'd- Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No.
And so THAT PROPHET is?

Your answer did not address this. We can take an easy out and falsely claim it to be a repeat of the question above, or we an acknowledge two things; 1) John made no connection to Christ and "That Prophet" 2) "That Prophet" is meant to be the Messiah.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by otherwise
The Koran is another gospel! In the Koran, Jesus Christ isn't God in flesh as the biblical gospel tells us, he is just another prophet. The Koran is Satan's attempt to pervert the true gospel of Christ.

But that was my point. According to Islam and Muhammad, the Koran is not considered another gospel, but is preaching the same message as Jesus, Abraham and the rest.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   

"I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ to another gospel: Which is not another; but there are some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. But though we, or an angel from heaven, should preach any other gospel to you than that which we have preached to you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so I say now again, If any man preacheth any other gospel to you than that ye have received, let him be accursed." [Galatians 1:6-9]

so stupid, how can a woman a child without sex. how can u believe stuff which were not writen from jesus(isa), if u believe books writen by others (bible), then u believe anything. u saying koran was from satan! OMG

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Your answer did not address this. We can take an easy out and falsely claim it to be a repeat of the question above, or we an acknowledge two things; 1) John made no connection to Christ and "That Prophet" 2) "That Prophet" is meant to be the Messiah.

I'm confused as to what you are asking?

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   

But that was my point. According to Islam and Muhammad, the Koran is not considered another gospel, but is preaching the same message as Jesus, Abraham and the rest.

According to a religion that was founded nearly 600 years after the gospel about Jesus being God in the flesh was written.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by serlex

so stupid, how can a woman a child without sex. how can u believe stuff which were not writen from jesus(isa), if u believe books writen by others (bible), then u believe anything. u saying koran was from satan! OMG

The Bible are inspired by Jesus Christ, the only true God, and our Creator and Redeemer. The Koran was from a so called angel who claimed to be from God. It was preaching about Jesus and depreciated him from being God to be a regular prophet.

Why would God change his gospel?

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 06:11 AM
link   
he was regular prophet like muhanmed and moses!

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt

I didn't mean to confuse you, I thought my initial post was quite clear in its quote and then statement.

Initially, I didn�t ask anything. I stated:
� The passage you seek is John 1:21, as in "that prophet." Christians don't like to address that phrase much, I suspect it managed to elude elision.�

To which you replied:
� John the Baptist said the first one and was asked the second question. I am a christian and these verses don't cause a problem.�

Since I said phrase not verses, and you responded about that these verses do not cause you problems, I quoted this verse along with the relevant verses previous to same:

Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No.
and asked since you �did not address that phrase� either:

� And so THAT PROPHET is?

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt

I didn't mean to confuse you, I thought my initial post was quite clear in its quote and then statement.

I still don't know what you are saying and it's my fault, but I do want to answer so maybe you can say what you are saying a different way?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join