It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idaho raises the bar on racist idiocy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Do you happen to remember what kind of car it was?

My husband has noticed a certain type of car among some of the Middle Eastern people here. Mustangs and Camaros, brand new and sweet as can be. Nothing nefarious, just noticed it to be common. We have a fairly large population of Middle Eastern people, mostly because of the local college.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I think that these tourists had bombs in their back packs and were planning to blow up the mountains. Even worse, they might have laser equipment to paint some guys cabin as a target so the ISIS airforce could roll in and bomb it. Either way, this is a serious situation and it's easy to the official's concern.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cygnis
a reply to: MystikMushroom

ISIS is a religious off-shoot, a radical form of Islam. A religion that many follow.

Given certain events that have happened on American soil, and given the typical racial background of the perpetrators of said events, her comment is a valid one, all be it, a fearful comment, a valid one none the less.

Oh.. I forgot.. Silly me. Islam and ISIS are the religion of peace and harmony.. I keep forgetting my government provided re-education classes.

Those Marines that died in TN, and the person beheaded in Oklahoma, and the countless of other altercations are all just over-zealous loving Islamic people trying to spread their religious love and care across our nation, they just haven't figured out that we use hugs, and not bullets and knives. Perhaps it's a translation issue from Arabic to English?

/sarc

I am actually more concerned with Christian terrorists - Dylan Roof, etc. Christianity also claims to be a religion of peace, and has a worse track record, just sayin'.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Ironhawke

Without a doubt White Supremacists and Aryan Nations are a long standing problem in this part of Idaho. They have tried more than once to establish "Compounds" in the neighboring counties to where Elk River is.

"Christian Identity" was one such group and there have been others.

Islam is not the bogeyman in the woods to fear in Idaho.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Look2theSacredHeart

Wow, look at the responses the Mayor used to defend himself.

Martin said Monday that he reported the incidents because the people were “strange acting,” but denied characterizing them as suspicious because of their ethnicity. He said the visitors came into Elk River and did things residents “don’t normally do.”

You mean people from out of town act like they are from out of town? Stop the presses!

“Why they are suspicious? I can’t say just because they’re Arab,” Martin said Monday. “They’re just strange acting.”

Translation: "I can't say just because they're Arab, but I REALLY want to."

Elk River isn’t “against Arabs,” Martin said Monday, but “we don’t want what’s happening in the rest of the world to happen here.”

Because we ALL know that when "Arabs" show up in town, stuff just starts blowing up left and right...
edit on 3-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
It looks like the Right Wing has found a new scapegoat.

They found that bashing the Hispanics unsuitable because a lot of them were actually US citizens and didn't take kindly to being trashed as "illegals".

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ironhawke

I am actually more concerned with Christian terrorists - Dylan Roof, etc. Christianity also claims to be a religion of peace, and has a worse track record, just sayin'.

So his picture DID influence your thinking eh

I knew it.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
If only somebody had thought of that a month before 9/11/2001 !!

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Look2theSacredHeart

Wow, look at the responses the Mayor used to defend himself.

Martin said Monday that he reported the incidents because the people were “strange acting,” but denied characterizing them as suspicious because of their ethnicity. He said the visitors came into Elk River and did things residents “don’t normally do.”

You mean people from out of town act like they are from out of town? Stop the presses!

“Why they are suspicious? I can’t say just because they’re Arab,” Martin said Monday. “They’re just strange acting.”

Translation: "I can't say just because they're Arab, but I REALLY want to."

Elk River isn’t “against Arabs,” Martin said Monday, but “we don’t want what’s happening in the rest of the world to happen here.”

Because we ALL know that when "Arabs" show up in town, stuff just starts blowing up left and right...

Seriously though, Elk River may not have 100 people living there. The Right Honorable Mayor of Nowhere seems to the only one who was actually concerned. I think the term for Tourist in Elk River is "Lost".

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Elk River isn't known as a huge tourist spot. Those were college students. All bets they were on the way to Dworshak State Park taking that route instead of traveling 95 S.

Some of these residents are "good ol boys" and would be weary with anyone outsides, myself including as a city looking person. Not to dismiss his actions as valid, actually for shame. But as mentioned citizens are so indoctrinated with "see something, say something". The mayor and others should be thankful for international college students that are supporting the area because Americans are no longer pouring money(can't afford it) into our universities.

Anyway wonder how the OP found this, if they don't live here, considering it's not that recent and the fact there's other issues if someone wants to peg "race" into this issues. How about the American Freedom Party(based out of NY but has state chapters) leaving phone call messages "Mexicans and Arabs are moving to ___insert__ states in very high numbers."

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Then what?

Are you suggesting it would have some how stopped it?

Another poster who disagrees fully with the see something say something motto coming to defend it!

Ironic.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I would assume that because of the name she identified him as Muslim and assumed him to be a terrorist with ISIS. Wrong headed yes but considering Muslim is a religion not a race I fail to see racism in the statement. You see folks when people attempt to label everything as racism nothing is even when it is. But again maybe everyone should focus on being around good people regardless of political/racial/gender/religious makeup and push away the not so good.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a group reply to: all the comments Look2theSacredHeart

Mushroom, the picture of Jafar is perfect.

Dreaming Awake, I believe this just hit the news recently. Also, Elk River is only a tourist town. The logging economy that supports it's families is all based in other Towns. Elk River has a hotel, camping, and little else. It's becoming a hipster weekend hang out.

Taking pictures of a pretty rural town seems normal to me.

What I think is the news worthy part is it was the mayor being so awful. Not some old Yahoo in the woods with his gun, but the mayor. Terrible PR. And terrible manners.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Look2theSacredHeart
a group reply to: all the comments Look2theSacredHeart

...Not some old Yahoo in the woods with his gun, but the mayor. Terrible PR. And terrible manners.

I think the mayor *IS* some old Yahoo in the woods with his gun. That is the point.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join