It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun like 'stone' on mars

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I don't usually reply on these type of threads either. But all of the wear on those rocks do seem very consistent except for that one little spot. At the very least it's very fascinating and stirs the imagination. It certainly is an anomaly within the picture.
edit on 3-8-2015 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: RMFX1

Good night to you too.

If we don't explore anomalies what's the point? We at last have photos to look at, are you saying we shouldn't look at them to see what is there? Who knows what we'll find which was the purpose of putting a camera there, right?

You've said your opinion, thank you, now are you just going to be repeating it over and over and over and over and over and over and over. Or are you going to show class and just step away and know your opinion has been read? It's a waste of bandwidth to repeat it.

So far the scientists have been wrong about Mars with 180 degrees turnarounds on many of the long accepted beliefs. I remember arguing with a scientist about the poles on Mars, he said "No water", "not possible without volcanism", etc, etc. I told him to wait and see, that guy had two Phd.s.

I'm really tired of the higher education group claiming to know all, 'cause truth be known they know nothing and if they claim they do they're fools. It all comes down to exploring and what we see and what our instruments pick up.

This photo is very interesting to me. It's clear that time erosion via wind and temps have worked on it but I give it a 6 out of 10 for anomaly value.

STM
edit on 3-8-2015 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure it's not "Just a Rock" this time,

as that is so out place I don't know what to think..

But as far as anomalies go, that's the best I have seen so far...

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: baddmove

Does ATS allow gambling? Because I've got $100 that says it's just a rock.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Is it really that far fetched to think (keep in mind I speak if our tech was actually developed by humans....) that if we are capable of making it to the moon with such little time in advanced technology, that maybe, just maybe some other race out there hasn't done that and much more? Nooooo ofcoarse not, what am I thinking! humans are clearly the most intelligent race in this tiny universe... Let's just ask RMFX1, since apparently he has all the answers.... lolz /sarcasmoff

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: sheeplenwolvesclothing
Of course it's possible that there is intelligent, space-faring life somewhere out there. I sincerely doubt that any such race has visited Mars, though, only to leave rocks that vaguely look things we as humans recognize scattered about in random places, though.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Stop drenching us in your negativity and doubt. I know deep inside you that pic stirs a little curiosity.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Maybe more than just rocks were there at one time, history here in hearth has shown there is or are greater powers at work.. Maybe what was once a great civilization is now just dust and rocks.. Believe not just what your eyes are capable of seeing, just a thought!

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Boomy327

Not only this one though, there has been a few others that catch the eye... Besides that, if you trust NASA or any other alphabet gang, might want to reconsider being called and intelligent being. But ya I agree with ya Boomy, prob is that there are to many bahhhhhh out there (sheep sound)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: baddmove

I agree this is one of the best rock anomaly pics I've ever seen. I've been staring at it for about 15 minutes zooming in and out and I think's it's lighting and depth on the rocks making them seem brighter than the rocks around them. Look how there are shadows casted everywhere in the regular photo.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   
It does seem pretty out of place.

Gah.. I usually just laugh at these threads.

Can anyone post a pic or source of a naturally occurring rock on Earth that looks like this?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: RMFX1
a reply to: ypperst
There's nothing on mars exept for rocks that have been eroded in an infinite and random fashion by the weather.

And you would know that because you have been there. In fact, weren't you there just this weekend? How was the weather?... I'll tell you what, next time a thread like this appears be sure to be the first to comment about your experience on Mars so that we can all stop wasting our time.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
a reply to: sheeplenwolvesclothing
Of course it's possible that there is intelligent, space-faring life somewhere out there. I sincerely doubt that any such race has visited Mars, though, only to leave rocks that vaguely look things we as humans recognize scattered about in random places, though.

There could have been intelligent life there in the past though, and that isn't anything anybody can dispute. Not yet.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Are there planetary MARS noises detectable or is the planet just quiet at day and NIGHT, except for weather pattern movements disturbance noises? Why no or not many MARS night images?
1 wonders at times do the rovers and probes have mics placed during final stages...
maybe classified?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Not having any real scale information, it looks very small.. perhaps a few inches tall?
It does, however display unusual symmetry. There appears to be some strange geology there, as in the spires to either side.
Unusual, to say the least.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   
It makes me think about the crown of thorns starfish.. Nasa says Mars once had a primitive ocean the size of the Arctic.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   
The people that are saying its just a rock, have you seen the blow-up of it in the OP?

It is probably the best anomaly i have on Mars thus far.

Can any of you show us something similar from Earth?

S&F all the way OP, brilliant find

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Strange for the first page "it's a rock, rawr" without any real discussion or explanation as to what could cause such an incredibly interesting feature on that "rock".

When I view these threads I am the one always screaming it's a rock but it's because I look and see a rock. That said, there is clearly some strange anomalous "petroglyph" for lack of a better word.

You guys want to just call this a rock? Why not explain the feature in geological terms? All I can say is, best if not the only curious Mars rock thread.

edit on 3-8-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   
That's amazing.. mars definitely has some of the strangest erosion patterns I have seen.. I have no idea how that particular rock could have been formed that way..

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join