It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun like 'stone' on mars

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: proob4

yeah but it looks like a new character ,, what could its special attributes be ?

funbox

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: funbox
I think it looks like the main angry bird.
Do you see the similarities?

Did i miss something? Did someone add this to the image as a joke?

ETA: Is that also a penzoil can in the lower left hand corner?

edit on 8/8/15 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: proob4

unfortunately im not that familiar with the phyop of a game ,ill bet those psychologists couldn't wait to see the acuity of the populous

I see what you saying though the eyebrows a bit thick

funbox

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Yep, probably right about the slab (thanks for fixing my vid link). Thank you Yomitu for doing the cocoon pic.

Because NASA is doing manned missions in the 2030s, surely they need to check this thing out with the rover, to see exactly what this is?

Should they not be checking it out anyway, as this is possibly the very thing they say they are looking for...possible evidence of life?
edit on 9-8-2015 by AtroxLux because: age related

The odd looking Mars rock looks awfully like a picture of a rock I found earlier...

edit on 9-8-2015 by AtroxLux because: age related

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

Hey Al in regards to the whole Mars 'paradeally-o' thang... and those few 'perhaps anomalies' you guys have found...

in Death on Mars, the doc relates the rivalry between NASA and JPL... how he thinks JPL is invested in the Mars Moon model (meaning Mars is dead like the Moon and has been.. the predominant model for decades until recently) because JPL specializes in robot exploration, and if any life -or former life- is evidenced on Mars, then a manned mission lead by NASA would be demanded... and JPL wouldn't have the predominance it had.

I wouldn't think ego, politics and paychecks would determine scientific paradigms ... and influence people who are supposed to be dedicated to truth, exploration and the open sharing of ideas and findings... but then I'm a naive idealist who is flummoxed by human behavior every day.. .so who knows.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Throw in the Brookings report as well and that's why, even if they know this is conclusive proof of life, that it will go no further than an archive somewhere.

Considering this lifeform and the cocoon it came out of (if you're saying "what???" see my post about 3 pages back) can appear on a planet with little surface water, life threatening ultraviolet radiation, extreme cold, little oxygen...what will they find when they send a probe to a watery world like Europa? If there are large lifeforms, will they announce it? Likely not.

edit on 9-8-2015 by AtroxLux because: overly enthusiatic use of a comma

edit on 9-8-2015 by AtroxLux because: overly enthusiatic use of a comma

edit on 9-8-2015 by AtroxLux because: an educational shortfall

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AtroxLux

Perhaps...

Another thought is that if Brandenburg's findings about ancient nukes on Mars is correct (and the evidence is there, but it might have been caused by some unknown natural event), then the governments would have to face panic (a la Brooking's) about possible hostile aliens nuking planets OR ancient humans nuking Mars ... two scenarios that might engender too much uncomfortable thought about our fate, leadership... and direction.

Brandenburg posits a hostile alien race nuking any life it finds as a precaution, and suggests we go to Mars to see for sure, either way, and act if needed... but I'd think that a likelier scenario (out of admittedly outrageous scenarios) might be that humans (or close ancestors) warred with Mars, (colony or original home?) and Earth 'won.'

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

we've seen a few odd things over the period till now, Nasa have never gone back, not even a colour picture of Buzz's spokey thing

funbox

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Why do you think Ziggy Stardust named his band "Spiders from Mars"? Hmmm?

Why did he ask "Is There Life on Mars?"

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I would at least say this would warrant a closer look? To me it certainly looks like something organic possibly a fossil, i just cant wrap my head around pareidolia on this one.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Itsshuma

They should go back. Not just for scientific reasons.

Considering this came out of a cocoon 37 minutes earlier, this has huge implications for any manned missions. The US plans to go there in the 2030s.

If this is an animal (after seeing the cocoon, I am convinced it is) it raises several questions, especially for astronauts.

There is obviously a breeding population, so, how many of these are there?
What size are they?
What do they eat? Are they predatory?
If the creature exists, then it is likely there are also bacteria, could these be life threatening?
Are there creatures even bigger than the "crab"?
Should we be polluting yet another planet that clearly isn't dead?

Long story short, would any of us want to set foot on that planet when NASA aren't being up front about what is actually there and the potential threat that these things could pose?

Me? No!
edit on 11-8-2015 by AtroxLux because: meh

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: funbox

we've seen a few odd things over the period till now, Nasa have never gone back, not even a colour picture of Buzz's spokey thing

funbox

Doesn't this look VERY like the latest "spoke-y" thing in question??

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: kiro8lak

a bit like it , although there were three angles of that spokey thing

funbox

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: funbox
a reply to: kiro8lak

a bit like it , although there were three angles of that spokey thing

funbox

no offense im not seeing much in the gif i see the object in the pictures but can you link the source photos,these images both original and the "enhanced" one both show a anomaly, and to me the wall face and whatever it is doesn't match up.
edit on 15-8-2015 by Itsshuma because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   

all the links in there

www.abovetopsecret.com...

look for buzzdengue

who I believe now came to pixelate the thread to pieces, but this was one of his rare finds that didn't look like a tfm

funbox

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Check out the "rim" around the "spokes", it seems to follow right along the edge of the "spokes" (in a similar way, if truth be untold, to the quote marks on those three words).

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ypperst

Also on the moon are anomalies have a look at these official Apollo 11 images? What do you think it is?
www.awe130.com...

edit on 18-10-2015 by Bass1971 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-10-2015 by Bass1971 because: img

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 10:52 AM
link   
That is a Farken-dup. Probably of the guardian class. It's probably well along in life as it seems to be missing it's left arm. It seems to be on duty at the entrance to a citizen's cavern and is reacting to an intruder to it's immediate left, hence the scorpion like tail rising from behind the top of it's head. The intruder looks to be of the warrior class. It must be moving fast as it has all it's appendages retracted.

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Outcropping of metal ore fits into the "rock" category does it not?

What kind of ore and how deep the vein is of course the real real question. I'm no expert but copper grows in such a flower/star-fishy like fashion.

posted on Jan, 9 2023 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Any info on "spokes" in subsequent Sols? Thanks, Buzz

a reply to: funbox

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join