It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun like 'stone' on mars

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AtroxLux
Could someone please explain why, in an image taken 37 minutes earlier, the "sunstone"/pareidolia/rock/fossil has decided to not look like a "sunstone"/pareidolia/rock/fossil, and has instead decided to look like a cocoon with a nice zig-zag line running down the middle.

Maybe the little bugger did move! But there is a big quality difference in the two pictures, that needs to be taken into account. Anyway, here's your video.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ypperst

This looks like a sand crab or some sort of vegetation, but definitely not a rock. This article from the Huffington Post talks about how it is all pareidolia. However, I don't see how the close-up image of the crab object could be a rock.

If everything is dismissed as pareidolia, then that is just silly. What if there is something to see on Mars?

I think pareidolia definitely plays a part in some cases, and even most of the cases, but certainly not all cases.

Huffintgon Post
edit on 07pmFri, 07 Aug 2015 12:48:40 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
It looks like a tree trunk, roots and all, seen from the bottom. Maybe a fallen tree, from millions of years ago, covered and fossilized?
It sure as hell don't look like "just another rock".

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
a reply to: ypperst

This looks like a sand crab or some sort of vegetation, but definitely not a rock. This article from the Huffington Post talks about how it is all pareidolia. However, I don't see how the close-up image of the crab object could be a rock.

If everything is dismissed as pareidolia, then that is just silly. What if there is something to see on Mars?

I think pareidolia definitely plays a part in some cases, and even most of the cases, but certainly not all cases.

Huffintgon Post

The Huff Post knows no more than any other, there they just use pareidolia semantically, if you say it looks to be a crab, or is this a crab, then they say it's pareidolia, if you say it is crablike, or crablike in shape, they need to say nothing. So when they say pareidolia about stuff on Mars, it's just a fancy way of saying it's a rock, but still they don't know, because in this case there is quite some ambiguity in the second picture, so at best it could be an extremophile, or next a fossil like DAVID64 suggests. It could also be a long time erosion effect into very dry, brittle rock. There is sand all around, and it could even be sand itself aggregated by some ground moisture and wind over a long time into exotic shapes, and there are plenty of those in Mars pictures, some look as if you touched them, they would just crumble back to dust.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
This gif image is positive proof of NASA tampering with photo's

Notice the large boulder at top left isnt in one of the images

Why would they do that?

And, how can the public get NASA to go have a closer look at the face hugger image?
Cant we petition them to do so?

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

Why would they do that?

They did that because it is two pictures taken at different times, (there is also an outcrop on the right BTW)
So it is probably a case of perspective. Panoramas are a different kettle of fish, you will find identifiable rocks where they weren't before. Each and every time you need to go to the individual pictures to see what's what, and wade round any NASA site for a topic on the Panorama.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

Why would they do that?

And, how can the public get NASA to go have a closer look at the face hugger image?
Cant we petition them to do so?

Why bother when they show it was a rock people will just claim it moved. As far as perspective these are nav cam images meaning those rocks aren't as big as you think they are and not more than 20 ft. Since we can see its climbing a mound.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: AtroxLux

Coccon picture it's taken from longer distance, but still I can see a difference in color

But I just have seen something that has blow my mind. Look what is right of the "crab/facehugger"

It's like a broken PC case with some kind of ¿logo?

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   

There are two circles of similar shade to the original anomaly. Here is a pic with it pointed out, with different contrasts and stuff. I wonder if they are somehow related

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: FalseLogic

The rock itself looks like the vitrified forts in Scotland. That is rather astounding to me, and I would be curious to find out if that rock is in fact vitrified.

What other people call the face-hugger looks like a badly damage solar disc with extending rays with the face of either a feline or a human in the centre of the disc. It is easy for me to see who the extrusions of the solar rays would look like an arachnoid or some dreadful insect. But if we were ever allowed to actually see and investigate it (before TPTB get to it and abscond with it) we would either find ourselves initiated into the Mysteries or marvel at extraordinary geological formations.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: yomitu
a reply to: AtroxLux

Coccon picture it's taken from longer distance, but still I can see a difference in color

But I just have seen something that has blow my mind. Look what is right of the "crab/facehugger"

It's like a broken PC case with some kind of ¿logo?

That's a piece of rock fallen from directly above, just like leaves out of a book. Even the 'Crab' has a slab ready to fall down in front of it at any time, you can see it in FalseLogic's picture just below the two red arrows.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13
Are there planetary MARS noises detectable or is the planet just quiet at day and NIGHT, except for weather pattern movements disturbance noises? Why no or not many MARS night images?
1 wonders at times do the rovers and probes have mics placed during final stages...
maybe classified?

Here ye go... mars.nasa.gov...

ETA: Nevermind, should have read first, they lost contact with it......this video has a sort of sound from mars though....

edit on 8/8/15 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

by the white wash of copy paste ive read so far , to me it looks more like a knee jerk reaction , and a hurried one too

kethWAaaaak

funbox

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: FalseLogic

There are two circles of similar shade to the original anomaly. Here is a pic with it pointed out, with different contrasts and stuff. I wonder if they are somehow related

Good eye FalseLogic, an intriguing find. Sort of wayyyyy off in the distance to really tell what they are, but do have a shape and color to focus on.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
gigapan.com...
From this gigapan link, which was posted before, I just wanted to add another possible similar shaped and colored rock, which lies at the next hill a little bit further away to the right (on the second image strip) from our 'crab' hill:

Again our 'crab' rock for comparison

One could possibly see a similarity in color (could be a discoloration, though, as well) and shape (the round center with the extending 'spikes')
------------------------------------------------
Anyway, on the bottom image strip of the gigapan, I wanted to ask someone with more experience and knowledge of this mars terrain, what the following is which looks like some sort of dark liquid on the sand flowing out from under the rock, on first glance:

Where similar forms can also be seen from under the rocks near the 'crab' as well

Thanks for considering

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: xxggg

that third picture reminded me of

funbox

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

that broken pc case reminds me of something else, that suggestion of thinness again

funbox

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: funbox

On the left, here's an oldie-but-goodie of something on the thin side. On the right, size matters.

[

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: funbox
a reply to: xxggg

that third picture reminded me of

funbox

Looks like a angry bird from the game.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

ahh well Aleister , some of them spokey things must get damaged to the point of a single solitary saluting strut

that left hand image looks spiny .. where did that physician go ?

funbox

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join