It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pipe Dream .

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

DC presents Robbie “Maddo” Maddison’s “Pipe Dream,” giving the world a chance to witness history being made as Maddo rides his dirt bike on the powerful and iconic waves of Tahiti. From his helmet to motocross boots, Maddo was dressed for FMX when he took his dirt bike into the unchartered saltwater terrain of the Pacific Ocean in French Polynesia.

For nearly two years Robbie has been focused on making surfing on his motorbike a reality. His efforts paid off in Tahiti, where he rode the world famous waves at Teahupoo and Papara.

Don't know what to say really , the video says it all

enjoy !

Kap
edit on 8/2/2015 by semperfortis because: Inserted proper tags

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I was just watching this a yahoo, awesome! brraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaappppppppppppppppppppppppp!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
How many times do you figure he rebuilt that motor figuring out how to keep it on the top and right side up?

Can you say wrench time?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   
So insanely sick this is!

I was about to make a thread because this is so gnarly I felt it necessary. People need to know. I'm very glad to see someone else was cool enough to do so already.

This makes me imagine people sitting around brainstorming the most gnarly unfathomable intense thing for a human being to do. It would go something like this.

"hmmmm............, I got it! how about we find somebody with the cojones to alter their Fmx bike a bit, drive full throttle into the Tahitian ocean over razor sharp shallow reef, and try and catch a wave on a big day at Teahupoo"?

"Oh no you heard right, surf Chopes with dirtbike"

"Like, at 4-6 feet"?

"No, it has to be on a big day".

"Oh come on! Is such a thing even possible"?

"It shouldn't be"..............

What!? Well apparently it is possible.

Doesn't even sound real, how much gnarlier will people get? The fact that people surf that beast should still blow minds!

Will this become a new sport? I can now picture him making it down the line and launching a backflip off the shoulder landing on the back of the wave, keep it pinned and circle back around for the next one.

I saw the trailer earlier today, the part where it closes out at the end and it looks like he's for sure getting absolutely rag dolled, only to emerge out of the spray in front of that wall of death, still riding.

Are you kidding me.

This is beyond awesome.

Robbie Madison, you sir, are the man. Respect.

Thanks OP you rock for bringing this epic historical insanity to ATS.

edit on 4-8-2015 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

top topics

join