It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion has ruined the concept of God

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

However someone wants to see God or worship IT isn't our business.

No?

Tell that to Jihadi John, who cut off multiple people's heads.

Tell that to Scott Roeder who shot George Tiller to death in a church.

Tell it to Fraizer Glenn Miller Jr. who fatally shot 3 non-Jews outside a Jewish Community Center, and also tell it to Dylann Roof.

Can I get an Amen????

edit on 8/3/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Nothing you mentioned has anything to do with God.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I have a question. Is God in the bible? Jesus says that we are in him and he in us, if Jesus is God then how can we be in him and him in us if God is completely separate from the universe?

God is referenced in most bibles but no He does not reside in any bible.

You do not understand The Christian concept whatsoever as your other posts have shown. Jesus is not God and has never ever has been God and has never professed to be God. The first lesson in Christianity is to understand who Jesus was and who God God is. You do not seem to have the ability to grasp the truth even though you have conversed in many threads on this same subject. Yes you are indeed a clubber and one of the most prominent.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I'm "attacking" it because I see it as wrong and a suppressor of true spirituality. I don't see it as any different from someone who "attacks" (points out the flaws) of a certain political candidate. I don't really feel that I "need" to do it, it's just something that I take an interest in. Not the attacking part, but spirituality and religion in general.

You have just shown exactly what I stated. Your Quote "I don't really feel that I "need" to do it, it's just something that I take an interest in." Unquote -- That is a clubber. You now know what a clubber is.
edit on 4-8-2015 by Seede because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Seede

Jesus is not God and has never ever has been God and has never professed to be God.

Most Christians would disagree with you.

We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father, God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made, of one being with the Father. Through him all things were made. For us men and for our salvation he came down from heaven; by the power of the Holy Spirit he became incarnate from the Virgin Mary, and was made man.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I agree, Jesus wasn't God, but tell that to 9/10 Christians and they'll call it blasphemy. If you are a Christian and don't believe Jesus was God then you are in the vast minority.
edit on 8/4/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Religion has made God a concept.
Is any 'thing' not a concept?

God is the unnameable.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Religion has made it so that "God" can only be addressed in a prefabbed religious context. If one can't accept the approved religious connotations of "God", one in considered an atheist.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: windword
God is not a thing - God is everything - all that is and is not.

There is nothing separate from all that is - but words and concepts make believe there is.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Most Christians would disagree with you.

We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father, God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made, of one being with the Father. Through him all things were made. For us men and for our salvation he came down from heaven; by the power of the Holy Spirit he became incarnate from the Virgin Mary, and was made man. Text

You have no idea of what you have just posted without a source and even if you had posted that source it is not of true Christianity. Jesus is believed by the first Christians of the Jerusalem Synagogue to have been the only Begotten Son of God. He is not declared as God by Christianity and never has been and has never declared that He came down from heaven for - Quote "Us Men" Unquote. Jesus was accused and tried and acquitted on the same charge as you have declared and that charge was that He was God. You have no idea who Christ Jesus was and by your own posts you have also declared that you do not believe in or on Him.

By your posts your interests are about about the same as the other clubbers.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I agree, Jesus wasn't God, but tell that to 9/10 Christians and they'll call it blasphemy. If you are a Christian and don't believe Jesus was God then you are in the vast minority.

You have that backwards. Jesus was tried in the Hall of Hewn Stones for blasphemy in saying that He was the Son of God and not that He was God. Jesus had never claimed that He was God. He was acquitted by the 71 members of the Sanhedrin by 41 to 30 votes. After the Romans slaughtered the true Christians in 69 -70 CE they then introduced their own philosophy and called it Christianity.

Yes I am a minority of the Synagogue of James which is true Christianity. In His ascension Jesus declared -
John 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

If that makes me a minority then it proves to me that any majority can be wrong.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

You have no idea of what you have just posted without a source and even if you had posted that source it is not of true Christianity.

LOL!

It's from the Nicene Creed! You know, the one that Christians based their dogma on! It was meant to counter your claim that Christians don't believe Jesus is God. Remember?

He is not declared as God by Christianity and never has been and has never declared that He came down from heaven for - Quote "Us Men" Unquote.

Take it up with millions upon millions of Christians who disagree with you!

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Psalm 100
3 Know that the Lord Himself is God;
It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves;
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.

Jesus is Lord isn't he? The bible that you believe is infallible says that the Lord IS God.

Are you disagreeing with what is supposedly infallible?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

The original church isn't the true church though! Ignore that the Nicene Creed states that Jesus died for everyone's sins, the one thing that grants salvation to all, it is still wrong and "of the devil". LOL

Apparently the devil is all about saving people's souls from himself, he taught that Jesus' sacrifice is the way to salvation.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Jesus is Lord isn't he? The bible that you believe is infallible says that the Lord IS God. Are you disagreeing with what is supposedly infallible?

No, my bible is written that Yahuah is God and Yahusha is his Begotten Son.

The literature of the many bibles could be claimed to be infallible but which ones? I have never claimed that any literature written by man could possibly be perfect but I do accept that the majority of the over 5,000 Greek manuscripts of which the majority texts come to us do have agreement in most all avenues. There are scribal errors and also translation, transliteration and interpretation disagreements in some cases but in most all of the majority texts there is unity. Majority texts are over ninety percent of all manuscripts known today. That is well over any other literature known to anyone concerning Christianity.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
God is not a thing - God is everything - all that is and is not.

There is nothing separate from all that is - but words and concepts make believe there is.

The oneness. Or at least part of reality seem to be going towards oneness.

But even if this exists on a spiritual higher level in Islam Pantheism is defined as idolatry and Sufis are having problem with their practicing of experiencing the oneness. Sufism goes towards spiritual experience. While Muhammad:s followers pushes Muhammad:s own teachings over finding out yourself from only experience. In their own words:

Why do we bother with some religions? If I go Sikh or Buddhism the teachings and experience complement each other instead of trying to push in different directions (at least on the awareness level I have now).
edit on 4-8-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I don't understand your need to attack religion or define for others how it helps them on their spiritual path.

If they are cutting off people's heads, or burning down churches, or destroying World Heritage Sites, or raping women, or killing obstetricians, or bombing villages, or threatening to bomb Iran, or sending hate mail, or posting on FB about how they are going to destroy everyone....Yes, we need to attack it, and point out how "their spiritual path" is HURTING OTHER PEOPLE.

edit on 8/4/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

It's from the Nicene Creed! You know, the one that Christians based their dogma on! It was meant to counter your claim that Christians don't believe Jesus is God. Remember?

Apparently you do not understand what I said in my above post regarding your source. The Creed of the Romans in 325 CE or 381 CE has nothing to do with true Christianity of 35 CE.

As was stated by the Apostle John --
John 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

That was penned in John's name well over two hundred years before the Roman organization wrote their first creed. John has said that my God is the same as Jesus' God and that our Father is the same as Jesus's Father. Both God and Father are the same. Clearly John tells us that Jesus was never God and is not now God. I choose to believe the Apostle John in that matter and not the Roman organization.

As I told you very clearly, I am of the Synagogue of James and not affiliated with the Roman or Greek organizations nor their offspring. In that light you should understand that my allegiance is not with the denominations of today nor their creeds of doctrine. True Christianity of the Jerusalem Synagogue of James is not what is called Christianity today. My opinion of course.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle

But even if this exists on a spiritual higher level in Islam Pantheism is defined as idolatry and Sufis are having problem with their practicing of experiencing the oneness.

No one can experience the oneness. There is no one - just oneness.

The oneness. Or at least part of reality seem to be going towards oneness.

Oneness is not a destination - it already is - the illusion is that there is a separate you.

There is just what is happening.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Don't it preach to me. I'm not a Christian. I don't believe in Jesus, period.

Tell it to the millions of Christians who DO abide by the idea that Jesus=God. Maybe make a thread to teach ATS misguided Christians the truth. You've got your work cut for you!

edit on 4-8-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join