It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Atheists: I will prove to you that there is a Creator to the universe. Come debate me.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

originally posted by: Answer

Multiverse, String Theory, Expanding and Collapsing theories can't be proven. So the scientific atheist has to have faith in one of these concepts.

Incorrect. You see, some people are actually able to say "I don't know" instead of simply choosing from a list of possibilities.

I know that the religious folks love to use the word "faith" and "atheist" in the same sentence but it isn't accurate.

Then you have faith in I don't know, which sounds more agnostic than atheist.

I don't remember claiming anywhere in this thread to be atheist.

Not making a choice and being open to possibilities is considered "faith" now? That's a new one...

Faith is defined as a belief in something not based on proof. Not having any belief is not "faith" as the word is defined.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: Answer

I know read again please.

No thanks.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
You present a false dicotomy with just two possiblities where there are actually thousands of possiblities.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   

No one can prove Brahma, but you can find Brahma when you look within yourself.

Another name for God.

en.wikipedia.org...
In Hinduism, Brahmā (/ˈbrɑːmə/; Brahmā) is the god (deva) of creation.[1] A mahākalpa, the large cosmic period, is one day and one night in Brahma's existence.[2]

Y'all can thank me for that meme later

edit on 8/2/2015 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Fine then, but maybe I can trick you into it.

Oh look here comes page eight.

See you can not prove God doesn't exist.
Yet you heckle the opposition as if you know something.
Why not help out the other 95% of us and fill us in with your
knowledge on the subject? Or is all you know is the opposition
doesn't have any evidence? Which really means nothing.

I'm tired sorry for typos and bad grammar.

Huh, who's clever now?
edit on Ram80315v00201500000044 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

My post was specifically in response to Scientific Atheists, but I should not have made that assumption. I apologize.
edit on 2-8-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: Gryphon66

More quotes from Dr.Sagan:

"An atheist has to know a lot more than I know. An atheist is someone who knows there is no god. By some definitions atheism is very stupid."

Interesting, got links? Particularly for the first one? Because, I think you'll find that it's not generally attributable to him with any accuracy.

For example ... see this discussion page at Wikiquote: Link

I can't seem to find the source of "An atheist has to know a lot more than I know. An atheist is someone who knows there is no god. By some definitions atheism is very stupid. ".

I see it listed in the article linked, but I can't find an original source anywhere after searching through multiple essays and videos.

Any original source, out of curiosity?

Yes! the source is the book "Conversations with Carl Sagan", University Press of Missisipi, 2006 (ISBN 1-57806-736-7). The book as preview could be found in Google books. But if you read page 70, you'll find the quote is quite different:

"Those who raise questions about the God hypothesis and the soul hypothesis are by no means all atheist. An atheist is someone who is certain that God does not exist, someone who has compelling evidence against the existence of God. I know of no such compelling evidence. Because God can be relegated to remote times and places and to ultimate causes, we would have to know a great deal more about the universe than we do know to be sure that no such God exist ..."

Source: Google Books preview.

The real quote continues, but in any case Sagan never mentions "by some definitions atheism is very stupid". So, whoever create that quote shown above, actually misquoted Sagan on purpose or by mistake.

I am not user of wikiquote, but please, check the source by yourselves, and correct the quote of the main page. Thanks

So, no, Dr. Sagan never said that "atheism is stupid." If you'd read anything he's written you would understand that he was rarely that vulgar.

Moreover, no, Dr. Sagan did not "define" atheism as belief. That is your definition.

Moreover, what atheist here has said that "God does not exist."

Most if not all of us say "I have no evidence that god or gods exist."

So, the overall thrust of your statement that the absence of belief and belief are the same is ... illogical

Why not try letting people say what they say rather than paraphrasing or reinterpreting?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
My god only about 3 of you tried to debate from the question I asked and none replied to my arguments. Whats up!!??

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

The assertion of the OP was not to prove that god doesn't exist.

It was to prove that god does exist.

Can you do that?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: arimass101
My god only about 3 of you tried to debate from the question I asked and none replied to my arguments. Whats up!!??

I'm easily distracted and go off on my own tangents. Sorry. I don't know about everyone else! Enjoying the thread though.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

It amazes me that people think the Hindu texts support polytheism any more than the Christian texts.

Both have One Creator of everything. And One Lord of Love that came forth from the One Creator.

Christian texts angels
Hindu texts lessor god's

edit on 3-8-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Can you do that?

That's gonna be a negative my good man.
But I'm positive he can.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Let's discuss this one:

What if our inner energy, soul, or whatever you want to call it is a being of pure form that exists infinitely outside of this physical plane?

What if our souls form a collective consciousness whose sole purpose is to simply "be"?

What if the collective consciousness wanted to create a vessel that was endowed with emotions so new experiences could be had?

What if the laws of our universe were designed by the collective consciousness to keep everything going here while we focused on our experience in this plane of existence?

What if the grouping of souls set things into motion with chemical processes designed to develop into a vast assortment of living beings so new and unique experiences would be constantly presented and ever-changing?

What if instinct is due to knowledge gained by our soul in past lives?

What if we, at our very basic core, are the creator of everything in this physical plane and when we die, we can choose to reincarnate into another form of physical being here on this plane, or we can choose another existence?

What if there is no singular divine creator, but there is only us?

Or maybe none of that is true and we have no soul and when we die, we're just gone.

All things are equally possible.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Perhaps because your initial post begins with an anecdotal illogical insult?

Over the years I came to the conclusion that the knowledge that there exists a creator to the world (with all the details below. Scroll down to see what I mean) is extremely simple and any thinking human whose brain is functioning normally will come to that very conclusion.

I am a thinking human and my brain is functioning normally. Your post is nothing more than garden-variety apologetics at best.

So, people are amusing themselves, I'd imagine.

link   
Another quote from one of the greatest minds of our time on the topic of Religion vs Atheism. I think a lot of what he has to say could be applied to this forum as a whole.

edit on 3-8-2015 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

link   

Is that your belief or something you're leaning towards?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   

See you can not prove God doesn't exist.

I never claimed that god doesn't exist. Unlike religious folks, I don't claim to know something that's unknowable.

I know you want things to be black and white but it's just not so. Sorry.

link   

All things are equally possible.

I knew you'd warm up to me!

link   

Can you do that?

That's gonna be a negative my good man.
But I'm positive he can.

Man .. I'm taking my leave of absence for the night. Toodles.

link   
a reply to: arimass101

Why was this moved to Creationism? This has nothing to do with religion and evolution??

The forum title is "Origins and Creationism."
It has to do with origins. Does it not?
It has to do with a creator. Does it not?

edit on 8/3/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join