It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Atheists: I will prove to you that there is a Creator to the universe. Come debate me.

page: 77
<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

That is definitely the preferred tactic of the above named poster. Make a claim, have it utterly refuted and then proceed to ignore the flaws in their own argument while moving on down the street with their new goal posts. It's a tiring cycle of ad nauseum.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

But of course I wasn't expecting them to provide actual proof. They never do and never will. It's not called "Faith" for nothing ya know.

People of Faith should understand what Faith means. Trying to claim proof of God is a losing argument.

Then they turn it around claiming atheists can't disprove God. But, atheists aren't trying to disprove God.

Lack of belief in a God, is not anti-God, or even saying there is no God.

Science can only prove what exists through known knowledge and new discoveries.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

That is definitely the preferred tactic of the above named poster. Make a claim, have it utterly refuted and then proceed to ignore the flaws in their own argument while moving on down the street with their new goal posts. It's a tiring cycle of ad nauseum.

That's how they beat ya. Run around til you are exhausted then sprint a bunch of field goals while you are too tired to catch them. Victory by default. Best way to win: don't play with them.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Yah, I never understood that line of thinking. It's as if they're saying the default position to take is to believe anything and everything that someone says until it's proven false. That's a really stupid idea. Plus, how are you supposed to negate something if it's not real??? Where would you get your evidence from at that point.

For example, if I wanted to show evidence of where I live, I'd show you where I live. I wouldn't show you everywhere else where I don't live leaving only one single location out.

Another goofy argument that was being used is that they keep saying I'll prove creationism or God or whatever. Or show evidence for it and yet they always eventually start using the argument that God is Beyond and outside this universe and it's laws. Well, how the hell would you have evidence for something that is the exception and is excused from all Universal Law and limits of Our Reality??? You couldn't, it would be impossible.

So I just don't get why they are trying so hard when right from the start their reasoning is all over the place and contradicts itself.
edit on 11-8-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Because its easier to play the victim by picking fights and calling foul than it is to just sit quietly and serenely smile. Because one gets publicity and one doesn't. That publicity is crucial when you play the political side of anything.
edit on 11-8-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle

how about the fossil record and the facts apes and man have separate ancestry records...

Here:

There is evidence for each one of those links, I can look it up for your if you wish.

We also have DNA that shows we share more genes with apes than other species.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

You sound so surprised.

Nope, I'm not surprised in the least. I have to at least pretend to give them the benefit of the doubt, even though each time it goes predictably wrong and the lies just keep coming. I just find it amusing how blatantly dishonest these guys are, and how desperate they are to justify their blind faith to others. They continue to dig that hole deeper and deeper with the illogical false arguments. If people want a good reason to become atheist all they have to do is read their posts. That's the best argument against god that there is!

edit on 11-8-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Unfortunately for them it would be much more mysterious and convincing for everyone else if they did actually sit quietly and peacefully. People would see them and think, "Hey, they sure seem to be chill all the time. What do they know that I don't??"

But instead, going around pushing a bunch of half baked ideas and unsubstantiated claims just makes them look looney toons and sometimes like dangerous fanatics.

Walking around talking about how you see demons or talk to invisible beings and prophesies foretelling future events and all that stuff is never considered normal anywhere except when it's a bunch of Religious people. But just because they have an organized group of people and some buildings and a book to me still doesn't mean it's normal. They also don't think it's normal when others do it either which is ironic. But it's perfectly sane when they do it amongst themselves.

It's complete madness.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

You weren't expecting that to actually happen were you?

I had my doubts of course but I'm always willing to see what they have to put forward. It would be disingenuous for me not to listen.

Yea, that's one of the reasons I come back to these threads, but I am DEFINITELY beyond actually holding any real hope that someone will present actual proof when they say they have proof of god.

But of course I wasn't expecting them to provide actual proof. They never do and never will. It's not called "Faith" for nothing ya know.

Exactly.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Yea, that's one of the reasons I come back to these threads, but I am DEFINITELY beyond actually holding any real hope that someone will present actual proof when they say they have proof of god.

It's an unanswerable question no matter where you stand. Belief, non-believe, lack of belief --- that's all anyone has.

But, when they try to refute science to prove God ---- that's just bizarre.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

originally posted by: TheChrome
That's just a huge subject. Maybe Jesus paintings depicted by so called "Christian" groups showing a halo or disk around Jesus' head. In fact that same depiction is that of Ra and Osiris of Egyptian lore among others. The Sun God, the halo, the disk.

It's not rocket science to see the mythological influence of ALL religion, except for the true one.

Sorry Chrome, you just claimed you had proof and then you cited subjective artwork. If you think pictures or statues proves your religion, then what about all the statues and depictions of Zeus and other gods? Nothing that you said is proof. It is subjective. Statue builders and painters can be wrong. Art can be abstract and it can also be based on faith. Art is not proof of anything. If it is, I can prove that the Star Wars movies really happened.

I would disagree with you. For the majority of history there was no such thing as a photograph. The only way to depict current circumstances was by art. Realism is not subjective, but depicts subjects and objects just like a real time photograph. Trying to turn every piece of historical artwork into a Picasso, saying all art is subjective, is a skewed thought process, and not based on any sound reasoning.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

You sound so surprised.

Nope, I'm not surprised in the least. I have to at least pretend to give them the benefit of the doubt, even though each time it goes predictably wrong and the lies just keep coming. I just find it amusing how blatantly dishonest these guys are, and how desperate they are to justify their blind faith to others. They continue to dig that hole deeper and deeper with the illogical false arguments. If people want a good reason to become atheist all they have to do is read their posts. That's the best argument against god that there is!

or at the very least, a starting point for examining the...questionable qualifications of their respective idols.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Normally if somebody tells you they enjoy eating human flesh and drinking human blood (or pretending to) or talks to voices in their head, you would think they would have issues and might need help. But all they have to say is "religion" and they get a free pass to all kinds of silliness.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheChrome
I would disagree with you. For the majority of history there was no such thing as a photograph. The only way to depict current circumstances was by art. Realism is not subjective, but depicts subjects and objects just like a real time photograph. Trying to turn every piece of historical artwork into a Picasso, saying all art is subjective, is a skewed thought process, and not based on any sound reasoning.

I didn't say that it was ALL subjective or abstract. HOWEVER, you can't logically say that all art depicts reality either, so unless you can prove which ones are real and which ones are fantasy, you can't use it as an argument. Many pictures have been painted based on stories, fantasies and myths. Do you honestly believe the last supper painting was painted while the event was going on, or was it based on a story that folks believe out of faith? How exactly do you determine the difference between depicting reality and depicting legend or myth without making assumptions? Sorry, but your argument is devoid of logic.

Like I said, if you think art proves your god, then I can prove Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, aliens, greek gods, roman gods, or any other ancient myth. Sorry, but the standard of proof is not up to par here.

edit on 11-8-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Normally if somebody tells you they enjoy eating human flesh and drinking human blood (or pretending to) or talks to voices in their head, you would think they would have issues and might need help. But all they have to say is "religion" and they get a free pass to all kinds of silliness.

"war is peace. ignorance is strength. cannibalism is cool."

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: boymonkey74

So I say we were all created.
Arguments?

then I say "I see no evidence to support your claim - why do you think it is true?"

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

The best way for a species to avoid extinction at the hands of humanity is to be tasty.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TheChrome

You talk about the light/circle around Jesus' head.

Ever heard of Auras?

As I've said, I believe everything is energy. I believe in different vibrations and frequencies.

I do believe there was a man the myth Jesus was based on. Kind of like Johnny Appleseed.

He may have been an enlightened man (no, not a god), but a person with an energy that affects people.

We've all met people we are attracted to, people we want to be around because their energy makes us feel good, or energetic, or powerful, etc.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul

The best way for a species to avoid extinction at the hands of humanity is to be tasty.

harkens back to the good ol' days when our finest warriors believed that to ingest the dead was to absorb their strength.

good thing we grew out of that, right guys? right?

....guys?

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Is that one of the "traditional family values" we should be keeping??

new topics

top topics

<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join