It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Atheists: I will prove to you that there is a Creator to the universe. Come debate me.

page: 65
<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Then how do you pick and choose which parts are accurate and according to God's will, and those that aren't?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

know the plan before they ever see it and am capable of telling them what's what

So are you saying your'e omniscient like Jehovah, or that you somehow get an unfair advantage by perhaps bribing someone so you get first scoops on the tender? Not very christian like of you is it. In actual fact sounds like you're using the dark arts of divination.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

would say it's not an illusion it is a measurement and it is relative.

I would again say that its a human construct/illusion and that it is relative or constant depending on what context we are using it.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I get a copy of the plan so that I can bid on the projects...

my employees are not part of that process...

although I may ask them how long they would estimate some things would take or what equipment they would prefer using...

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Well I think most of it is truths just the way it is portrayed and translated and yes even altered purposefully and let's not forget omissions...

I guess I just try to read between the lines to get the big picture...

but I can't lay claim to being very religious as I am a great sinner and do not practice my faith and yet I believe and contemplate God quite often...

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

it's not that profound I'm sure there are lots of others I only brought it up to begin with in defense...

Again you twist your own words. In defense of what? As I said in an earlier post, you first bought up how much you make as if to add credentials or authority to your argument.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle

While God would have to be infallible I make no such claim for the bible...

But I blame man for that not God...

Oh he's fallible alright. By his own admission.

Gen 6 5-7

5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.
edit on 9-8-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

So, (forgive me for interrupting) you were 13 when you first signed up here? And now you're a mega-wow guy at 17?

You remind me of one of my two younger brothers. (Although he doesn't believe in Adam & Eve...the similarity is that he believes he'll be a millionaire any day now. He'll be 55 in December. He's been gonna-be-a-millionaire-in-a-year for 40 years now.)
I feel kinda bad for you, actually.

edit on 8/9/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
You remind me of one of my two younger brothers.
I feel kinda bad for you, actually.

Why, because he's 17 or because he reminds you of your brother???

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

god went into hibernation mode.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

He reminds me of my brother when my brother was 17. My brother is now nearly 55. See my above post.

link   

While God would have to be infallible I make no such claim for the bible...

But I blame man for that not God...

So your book is only as good as it suits you but not for convincing god their are contradictions in it.

So who explains the bible to you...let me guess the holy spirit?

link   

In defence that my age made me inadequate somehow...

how long am I on trial for?

Are you nuts?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

god went into hibernation mode.

Something I guess. For an All Knowing, Ever Present and All Powerful Deity he sure Forgets or Doesn't know a lot, Never seems available when needed and has a lot of trouble getting things done correctly.

Maybe they meant "Semi" instead of "Omni" when they were writing down his skills on his resume??

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

It's just that we know (those of us who are older than 17, or even 27, and especially 37+) that life experience is the most important thing.

If your tale is true, then you are remarkably unique (or a trust-fund baby who doesn't actually have to worry about things like actually making a living).

Sorry, it's very hard to believe. But hey - GO YOU! Well done!!

edit on 8/9/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Well I think most of it is truths just the way it is portrayed and translated and yes even altered purposefully and let's not forget omissions...

I guess I just try to read between the lines to get the big picture...

but I can't lay claim to being very religious as I am a great sinner and do not practice my faith and yet I believe and contemplate God quite often...

In other words..

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

He reminds me of my brother when my brother was 17. My brother is now nearly 55. See my above post.

I see. I know how he feels. But I get where he's coming from. Why give up the hope, it's not like it's going to change anything even if he does.

What will really suck is if he finally get's a that million, but by the time he get's it inflation will have risen so much it won't matter anymore being a millionaire.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Lol you are not on trial. This is the internet after all. You make a pleading for people to go easy on you, and yet you
constantly berate people and bring up genitalia and how much you make.

Again, Thread title.

"Dear Atheists: I will prove to you that there is a Creator to the universe. Come debate me."

arimass101 bailed out early and you took on the mantle to debate or defend his contention. I don't see much proof yet, stories allusions conjecture...yes...nothing even approaching proof.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

arimass101 bailed out early and you took on the mantle to debate or defend his contention. I don't see much proof yet, stories allusions conjecture...yes...nothing even approaching proof.

You just missed one....blind faith

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

To be quite honest I've had a pretty good relationship with my god...usually answers my needs not my wants. But he/she/it sure ain't the hebrew mountain petty jealous god/demiurge.

He/shes next request from me is to get rid of this fiat money creation system.

<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join