It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Atheists: I will prove to you that there is a Creator to the universe. Come debate me.

page: 62
<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: mOjOm

Thanks
Finally I'm learning something in this thread. I'm off to explore the following.

www.acampbell.org.uk...

Sure, I'm glad someone read that idea, nobody's commented till now. I read that link before too I think. I like the way he mentions language as being a part of it too.

I've thought of that language being a factor of it too. Like, what if within language there are certain logical functions that cause a miss fire or malfunction within certain people when certain ideas are introduced. Sort of like how language provides us with the ability to create impossible concepts or statements. Like "The Round Square" or the phrase "This statement is false". Language provides the means for us to create ideas that cause an infinite error loop of sorts.

Maybe the same can be said with certain ideas. It works with mind control techniques where using fear short circuits the brains defenses to where it allows for that person to be highly suggestible in that state, like hypnosis. So combine these kinds of ideas with language and it becomes religion. A sort of partially engineered, partially natural function or effect that when done correctly is quite powerful and infects the mind.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Mugly

At 17 and the twelfth earl of monkey I had to go and fight some little chaps in the deepest Gambon.
A right jolly jape with Sir Charles Hindley Jones and some red umbrellas ruddy hundreds of them.
Of course I was very very drunk.
Ha 17 and earning 300k pfft.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

oh yeah, the plague was awesome. spanish flu was the bomb.

www.sciencedaily.com...

cid.oxfordjournals.org...

Speaking of the flu, there is evidence that it was aspirin that killed most of the people not the flu itself, and the hand that Bayer played.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

there is only one creator of this universe

So using this logic we can worship geneticists who create new genes...a sort of lower "g" god?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

They are all lower case g

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

that's not my way of thinking because it is creation which allows for this...

the devil approaches God one day after learning how to do something...

"hey God I can create from dirt too now so I guess I'm as great as you!"

God smiles and pats the devil on the head and replies "ok let's see you do it then"

God concentrates and whips himself up a nice pile of dirt and prepares to make a new species for fun...

the Devil goes over to get himself some dirt...

God says "make your own dirt"
edit on 9-8-2015 by 5StarOracle because: Add

edit on 9-8-2015 by 5StarOracle because: Spell

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

oh yeah, the plague was awesome. spanish flu was the bomb.

www.sciencedaily.com...

cid.oxfordjournals.org...

Speaking of the flu, there is evidence that it was aspirin that killed most of the people not the flu itself, and the hand that Bayer played.

Really? What evidence is that?? ...

ETA - never mind - I see it is in the links...perhaps you could link the statement to the links a bit more clearly

edit on 9-8-2015 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

so to keep certain truths as power over all mankind...

But see there, you sound like a christian. With 66 books in the latest version of the official bible nothing is kept hidden. How is that holding power over me. I used to read the bible then I saw it was contrived as a means for extending geo-political control over the masses, keep them paying taxes.

That didnt change my view that there may be a god somewhere out there, just that he/she works cleverly with the State in keeping the masses, asleep. The only thing that could be seen as being hidden is that people are living under a corrupt legal system, where the wealthy steal billions and get away with it. No different than the pious that sexually abuse their flock, or the priests that say you must forgive the thieves that write tax laws that benefit them/and or the Church through their tax free status.

I do not worship a god that allows such a state of affairs to continue, do not wait for him/her to cause a flood or a fall of Babel for a reset, or patiently wait for my reward of heaven and singing boring hosannas all day long.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

You mean man made problems?

he gave us the ability to do the right thing too...

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TheChrome

When a man hits on a woman, a decent woman doesn't just drop her panties and say go for it does she? Excuse the brash analogy

Well it seems god did for Saul on the way to Tarsus when he had his epiphany.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

since "he" gave us the ability to do the wrong thing I think it is completely unfair for believers to blame "man" at all - "we" are behaving EXACTLY as "designed"!

You should put blame with the creator of the flawed product.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mugly

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
a reply to: Annee

Nothing can not create friction

Nothing can not create a spark

Nothing can not create heat

Small things are still not nothing...

Nothing is the absence of all things...

nothing can be all knowing
nothing can create a person from a rib bone
nothing can turn water into wine
nothing can rise from the dead

a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

Apparently "nothing" can counter the point that "free will" is nonsense either!

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

Can you make choices?

We are a flawed product because of choices the fall of man is a little story to help you understand that as well...

I believe we were once in the very presence of God and that realm was not in existence anywhere in this universe that it would have had to have been separate from all of this as well...

our DNA structure hints at this very fact and has been proven to have been altered at some point...
edit on 9-8-2015 by 5StarOracle because: ...

Just my opinion of course
edit on 9-8-2015 by 5StarOracle because: ...

edit on 9-8-2015 by 5StarOracle because: Missed word

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

so he can not be held by the same laws of creation he's not bound by them

So thats why he/she gets away with changing their mind with the mental battles with Job. I guess I dont know what happens after death, but I'm gonna have fun debating your god and holding him accountable to his infallible word and the way he treats certain favoured nations

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

best of luck to you...

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Alpha and The Omega the smallest and largest.

Huh? what has the first and last got to do with smallest and largest...

Heres a reminder - Thread Title

Dear Atheists: I will prove to you that there is a Creator to the universe. Come debate me.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
Nothing can not create friction

Nothing can not create a spark

Nothing can not create heat

Small things are still not nothing...

Nothing is the absence of all things...

Something I've always found interesting is that both "Nothing" and "God" seem to be the only things capable of such impossible actions.

Kinda makes you wonder if "God" and "Nothing" are really just one in the same.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

he must not be a business owner, I was not even that busy last year...

My lowest paid man earned over 50k
My highest paid man earned over 100k

How is this relevant to creation...
Or your not completely empty vacuum?

I dont know...but You declared what you make as a special pleading towards your knowledge or intelligence. Dont evade...you put up your earnings as if its some such measure of your worth, but I see how often you have stooped with condescension when you feel like someone has put up a meaningful debate. You may as well put your hands over your ears and go "lalalal". No wonder a previous poster said your posts are worthy of reporting
edit on 9-8-2015 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: edit

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Smallest to largest is how I see things from beggining to end of all things in the universe...

The alpha and omega is greater than all...

I was going to go on about dimensions...

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

All I have done here is respond...

top topics

<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join