It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Atheists: I will prove to you that there is a Creator to the universe. Come debate me.

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Annee

One suggestion is to drop the "h" and "sh" and just use the letter "e".

How about "it"? Or just make everything plural...hehe

It comes from the Spivak pronouns. First recorded 1890. Like I said, gender neutral pronouns have been around for a while. There just wasn't any reason or push for wide spread use - - - until now.

The precise history of the Spivak pronouns is unclear, since they appear to have been independently created multiple times, each time likely without knowledge of the previous.

The first recorded use of the pronouns was in a January 1890 editorial by one James Rogers, who derives e, es, and em from he and them in response to the proposed "thon".

In 1975, Christine M. Elverson of Skokie, Illinois, won a contest by the Chicago Association of Business Communicators to find replacements for "she and he", "him and her", and "his and hers". Her "transgender pronouns" ey, em, and eir were formed by dropping the "th" from they, them, and their. (See 'em.) The article that first reported the pronouns treated them as something of a joke, concluding with the line, "A contestant from California entered the word 'uh' because 'if it isn't a he or a she, it's uh, something else.' So much of eir humor."
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 9-8-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle

Anything outside our universe not created by our creator ok...

Anything in our universe not created by our creator not...

But why would you have things not needing a creator and other things needing it. Within our universe we have a beginning and most likely an end, we have forward movement of time and we have very define physical laws that allow our universe to be as it is. What if infinite, absolutes,no time, something from nothing etc.. are normal events outside our universe? Who is to say that there are not an infinite number of universes blinking in and out of existence with an infinite number of physical law combinations, and we happen to be just one of them with our own unique law sets.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Religion is a major factor in women being 2nd class. Many religions are patriarchal.

I think you can just blame it one evolutionary traits where women and physically smaller, weaker and less aggressive than their male counter parts. We see with many other species the female is the same or even larger than the male and then they are the dominate side.

So with or without religion it has basically been the same unless a situation comes a long where the woman is equal or better than the males.

NO.

Religion is a major factor in women still being looked at/held in a 2nd class position. That's just a fact.

Are there other reasons too? Yes.

I grew up in various religious beliefs (mostly Christ based). And have watched society changes for near 60+ years.

Its still a man's world. Women have to create the change, otherwise it won't happen.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

NO.

Religion is a major factor in women still being looked at/held in a 2nd class position. That's just a fact.

I guess my point is whether religion is the cause or just an reactive state of what would be there no matter what.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

There just wasn't any reason or push for wide spread use - - - until now.

I kind of like being call a "he"...

edit on 9-8-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

NO.

I guess my point is whether religion is the cause or just an reactive state of what would be there no matter what.

OH, OK.

Yes, probably evolves from man being physical protector and woman the nurturer - - - when life demanded gender roles.

I remember in the 50s - - it was still very gender role based. It sucked!

I mostly prefer life today. The only think I miss is Respect. People in general seemed to have more Respect for things/people back in the 50s.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

There just wasn't any reason or push for wide spread use - - - until now.

I kind of like being call a "he"...

But, should God be called a "he"?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Well God is not human, so I guess you can call it as you like to...If you identify God as a he then great, if you identify God as the mother of the earth then great too.

But the real answer is God should be called God since there isn't a pronoun for God and God is not a physical form as we would know it. If you say he or she then you might be suggesting there is more than one God and they make baby gods.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Well God is not human, so I guess you can call it as you like to...If you identify God as a he then great, if you identify God as the mother of the earth then great too.

But the real answer is God should be called God since there isn't a pronoun for God and God is not a physical form as we would know it. If you say he or she then you might be suggesting there is more than one God and they make baby gods.

Well, I just call it the Force.

I'm good

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

That would be Taoism.

I could deal with that but could the light side be male and the dark side female or visa versa
only throwing random thoughts out at the mo.
2 hours sleep in 40 hours and just had a scotch..man my work sometimes ATS has kept me sane at the mo.

edit on 9-8-2015 by boymonkey74 because: oops link downloaded something.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

do we have backward movement in time?

What if I tell you the only time travel we are capable of is forward?

I'm not arguing about what happens outside our universe though now am I?

Quite the contrary, it's what goes on here that I have spoken on in fact I am in total agreement with and have stated the supreme being aka God he or she would have to exist outside unbound by the laws which govern their creation to be beyond it all in every way...

edit on 9-8-2015 by 5StarOracle because: Spell

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: Annee

That would be Taoism.

I could deal with that but could the light side be male and the dark side female or visa versa
only throwing random thoughts out at the mo.
2 hours sleep in 40 hours and just had a scotch..man my work sometimes ATS has kept me sane at the mo.

The Force is the Force - - no other label. I've had too many paranormal (for lack of better word) experiences to discount that there is more then what we see.

However, I believe everything is energy and comes from energy - - Spontaneous. Energy evolved to have consciousness. Energy consciousness creates.

Basically we are our own "god" - - - in a vast "sea" of energy connection and consciousness.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

That would be Taoism.

Oddly enough if you read the OP that is exactly what he is describing. The Tao that you can speak of is not the true Tao.

It is also what Annee calls "The Force".

It is what it is regardless of the name given for it is beyond all such names.

The Tao always seemed the most clearly referenced version of it however as well. It doesn't get all twisted up with anthropomorphic descriptions and details like all other Religions or Philosophies usually do. Which in my opinion makes a much better method of understanding it.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

The Force is the Force - - no other label. I've had too many paranormal (for lack of better word) experiences to discount that there is more then what we see.

However, I believe everything is energy and comes from energy - - Spontaneous. Energy evolved to have consciousness. Energy consciousness creates.

Basically we are our own "god" - - - in a vast "sea" of energy connection and consciousness.

It's fine if you choose to call it "The Force", it's not important. The Tao, or Force as you like to name it has many names, all of which are not the True Name of it. Like I said earlier, within Taoism one of the first things you'll hear is "The Tao that we speak of is not the True Tao", but because of how language functions it is necessary that we use words for things.

What's important is not the name but the understanding of that which has no name.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Anything outside our universe not created by our creator ok...

Anything in our universe not created by our creator not...

But why would you have things not needing a creator and other things needing it.

because it is required to suit their argument.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

That would be Taoism.

Oddly enough if you read the OP that is exactly what he is describing. The Tao that you can speak of is not the true Tao.

It is also what Annee calls "The Force".

It is what it is regardless of the name given for it is beyond all such names.

The Tao always seemed the most clearly referenced version of it however as well. It doesn't get all twisted up with anthropomorphic descriptions and details like all other Religions or Philosophies usually do. Which in my opinion makes a much better method of understanding it.

Here is what the OP said:

There exists a being, who is the master of everything that exists and who brought all things into being at the time he desired. He sustains them as long as he so desires, and rules over them with complete authority. This Being is perfect in every way, having absolutely no imperfection whatsoever. He does not depend on anything else, and is not affected by anything whatsoever.

In spontaneous energy creation - - - multiple creations and consciousnesses can happen simultaneously.

There is no master, except yourself. You are your own energy consciousness, your own god.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Quite the contrary, it's what goes on here that I have spoken on in fact I am in total agreement with and have stated the supreme being aka God he or she would have to exist outside unbound by the laws which govern their creation to be beyond it all in every way...

So how do you prove something that is outside of our universe, as the OP topic goes...

The problem with a God is the Chicken or the egg logic, with non-intelligence creation there is no time, no chicken or egg came first...Then one would need to ask, why does there need to be a God in the first place. Intelligent design typically means there is a reason, so why do we need a reason?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

a reply to: Mugly

I never said I would prove God exists so you are a liar...

And yet you have said ther is proof that god exists:

a reply to: WakeUpBeer

it is proof of one creator for all things great and small for the entire universe because the same code is used in all...

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I can deal with that gonna have to send me some links explaining more If you can dude.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

a reply to: Mugly

because I choose to...

Male still is the dominant factor in the replication of things...

Well I do see you all by yourself as being a dominant factor in the replication of this thread....and what with being 17 and all I guess you are [cough] your own experience of replication, so it is easy to see how you could make this stupid statement!!

new topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join