It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Atheists: I will prove to you that there is a Creator to the universe. Come debate me.

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
a reply to: mOjOm

Energy never dies it can only transform...
you or atleast part of you is therefore immortal...

And . . . ?

Do you have a point?

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Energy never dies it can only transform...
you or atleast part of you is therefore immortal...

That's fine. I am Energy in the form of matter, electricity, etc. But so is everything else too. I'm made of the same "energy" that my bed, a chair, the earth, etc. is also made of. At that level in fact everything is all the same. However, "I" am not my bed, or a chair, or the earth. "I" may not even actually exist other than as some concept or dream of who "I" am. "I" am totally fine with that too. "I" end when my memories and my senses and my mind end. Whatever "I" am, it's a product of all that energy interacting but it's not the energy itself. So while the energy get's to be immortal, "I" cannot say the same for whoever or whatever "I" am.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: redoubt

Agreed...here is an example of just how small a speck we are in this place

Now the big question is has the OP managed to sway even one persons views on this subject ?

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Then how did you go from disagreement to agreement?
edit on 8-8-2015 by 5StarOracle because: Spell

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   

That's ok I said it for you

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Now the big question is has the OP managed to sway even one persons views on this subject ?

Well, to be fair. I don't think the OP is here or participating in his own thread any more. Like usual, he promised Proof and a Debate but instead just spit out a bunch of unsupported opinions as facts and took off.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

That's ok I said it for you

Huh?? You said what for me???

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   

True...in his defense though he has created some light hearted entertainment and ruffled a few feathers.....
edit on 8-8-2015 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
True...in his defense though he has created some light hearted entertainment and rustled a few feathers.....

I suppose, I really wouldn't know. I never talked to him. I came to this thread late and have only talked to Capt. Kirk and a couple others.

It's following the standard sequence that other similar threads have. So far I don't think anything original has been presented either. I had hope for some original ideas when the subject of phi and fibonnaci came up as that is rarely used in this context but nothing was shown past mentioning it.

I'm about to bail out on this thread actually. I already did once because it was being moderated with a heavy hand at one point so I said screw it. But I came back and am kind of lingering now.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

He killed some boredom with the thread, I give him that.

I have been constantly chuckling with some of the posts from people. Scratching my head with a few wondering if they were making fun of creationists or if they really believe what they are saying on behalf of creationism.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Since we disagree on the larger picture I knew it was pointless for either of us to try and convince the other. I was just clarifying my position for you so you could understand where I'm personally coming from, and a bit of why. Lost interest in debating, so I just changed the tone of my post.

Turned out there was some stuff we could agree on, if only partially and for different reasons.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   

I was eluding to your soul I figured you didn't want to go there your soul is eternal it is energy and operates your brain it is responsible for the signals sent from it to your body...

your soul is you operating your brain like your body operates your computer its kind of like dimensions unfolding upon itself if you visualize that...

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

That's good actually. I starred you for that BTW. I've done that a few times myself. Once you realize there is no debate happening, just two people waiting for their turn to talk, you can still salvage some of that lost effort by finding some common ground somewhere and at least avoiding making a permanent enemy because of conflicting ideology.

I try to do that with a couple members here that I know will never see eye to eye with. Since neither they nor I am going anywhere soon, I figured I'd at least change our relationship in to one that was less hostile so some discussion is possible. We still don't agree, but at least we disagree with a little more dignity than we did before.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   

It is the kind of subject that can raise the heart rate depending on ones belief.........anyhow be like water my friend...

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   

I was eluding to your soul I figured you didn't want to go there your soul is eternal it is energy and operates your brain it is responsible for the signals sent from it to your body...

your soul is you operating your brain like your body operates your computer its kind of like dimensions unfolding upon itself if you visualize that...

My soul huh. That's another one of those concepts that can't be shown to actually exist as far as I know. So I can't exactly argue for or against what you just said because I don't really know if it exists. I would need to have "soul" defined in terms that I understand first and agree with. But that's a different topic so we should probably set that aside for now.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I must admit i have had quite a few giggles myself...

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Ah, very good. I will be like water. If you pour it in a cup it becomes the cup. It can flow or it can crash. Yes, be like water!!

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   

I think you think by agreeing energy never dies - - - that non-believers agree to a soul.

Then you can say: "If you believe in a soul, you must believe in God". Because "soul" is primarily a religious based word.

NO. Not soul, Energy Consciousness.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

That's ok you can call your soul whatever you like if it makes it all better for you...
edit on 8-8-2015 by 5StarOracle because: Spell

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   

a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

ok what came first the chicken or the egg?

This thread really needs to be closed. This dude cannot possibly be serious. Any hard evidence yet? Nah, didn't think so. No reason for all these off topic posts. I seriously feeling like my IQ just dropped skimming through the last few pages.
edit on 8-8-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join