It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Atheists: I will prove to you that there is a Creator to the universe. Come debate me.

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JuJuBee

originally posted by: jimmyx

If there is no God.........WHAT IS THE BEGINNING? To my recollection, there are only 2 versions.

1. God created everything, like the Bible says.
2. Darwin's theory.

Darwin's theory is complete BUNK! Total Indoctrination.

so, your belief that a mythical being created everything IS NOT bunk, right?.....pot calling the kettle black

by the way....their are 50 odd books of the bible that have been redacted out of the present one....why would that be?
They can do whatever they want, God will STILL GET HIS WORD OUT. Can't conceal TRUTH! No matter how "wise" man may think he is. That's what you don't understand.

PROOF is ALL AROUND US!

I don't care about "his word"...or what you personally believe...or what you think I do not understand....keep you cultist beliefs to yourself, and away from the rest of us. this is a freedom of religion country, NOT a country that has to live by your religious beliefs.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
a reply to: Barcs

Ok now you are being simple instead of doing some research and learning something you ask me for proof, instead I ask you to show me the faults in my examples...

You can't alter the examples I have given and that is the proof...

Come now, you brought it up. Explain how the Fibonacci Sequence proves that the Universe was created.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: arimass101

"I will answer you with a story. Once a person came to a sage and asked him "How can God exist if we cant see him?" so told him "go outside and look at the sun" he answered him "how can I possibly look at the sun it will burn my eyes!" so he told him "you fool! you cant even look at the sun and you want to see its creator?!"

So based on that analogy God did not make the moon since we can gaze on that. Also man are Gods because they make nuclear and atom bombs and you certainly cant stare at those (during detonation) and they will disintegrate not only your eyes but your whole body...go figure.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
How can Christians claim that God gave them free will, and in the same breath argue that everything is according to God's will?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

If there is no God.........WHAT IS THE BEGINNING? To my recollection, there are only 2 versions.

2. Darwin's theory.

so, your belief that a mythical being created everything IS NOT bunk, right?.....pot calling the kettle black

by the way....their are 50 odd books of the bible that have been redacted out of the present one....why would that be?
They can do whatever they want, God will STILL GET HIS WORD OUT. Can't conceal TRUTH! No matter how "wise" man may think he is. That's what you don't understand.

PROOF is ALL AROUND US!

You are entitled to your belief, but I still hold to what I say. The religious God is an evil, primitive, sexist, God.

If the religious God is real, then I will take my chances with the devil.

Anyways, the devil is the one that punishes sinners, not God. So the devil can't be that bad!

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris
Anyways, the devil is the one that punishes sinners, not God. So the devil can't be that bad!

I know right, the devil hangs out with all the cool people.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The fallacy of the OP argument to end all argument:

1) The Universe exists .i.e. represents existence
2) You cannot be a part of something to create it, meaning the creator has to be separate from his/her/it's creation.
3) The creator is not a part of of the universe.
4) The creator does not exists.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: aorAki
a reply to: Subnatural

I wonder how it works with Latin, German, Mandarin, Russian, Farsi etc etc?

Pretty much the same way, try this site: wordsmith.org...

Just spent an hour comparing results in English, German and Latin. Boggles the mind. Didn't really find any good matches though. But the Latin was neat:

DIVINA PROPORTIO

OPTO IN VIR PAR DIO

"I choose that man be equal to God" or maybe "I choose man, equal in rank to a god"?

Through mastering this knowledge, the mathematical symmetry of nature, man can become like unto a god?
edit on 4-8-2015 by Subnatural because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
There is no debate here. A child is born from a mother. We suppose mother as god. Humans are the creation of gods. But we have #ed up god. Like a mother who is bound to leave a child and leave them on their own. We are on our own. There is no god for us. But after death, the possibility is infinite. Only mortals have access to earth. And the god won't come here to die. They come in the form of humans like Jesus or like Gautam Buddha or Noah who made the ark. No matter how much we # the god. He still cares or us. But now it seems like he lost the hope. We are the end to our own civilization.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
You can't 'prove' anything. All you can do is get on a soap box and try to convince people you know what you're talking about. I'm glad you're confident, but you're certainly not persuasive.

a reply to: arimass101

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

"My God"?

No I was agreeing with the poster that belief in souls or equivalent, or an after life doesn't necessitate belief in a god. But I think that atheists tend to equate the two.

Which category do you fall into?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

2. Darwin's theory.

Your recollection is very poor.

More PROOF.

Whenever people start talking: "the Bible was written by man", is the moment you know that person is RELIGIOUS! They completely missed the point of "Loving your neighbor". lmfao

Dude, you are creeping me out...

a reply to: ignorant_ape

Is that the "they" that say ignorance is bliss? And we're "they" talking about you?
What's it like to be so proud of yourself for such little effort?
Or was that you pleading for the acceptance of others who believe in nothing?
It all true the things "they" say "they" also say misery loves company, while it's ok to be a sceptic
It's not wise to pretend to be smart...

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
The OP makes a good point, forget about every major religion tainting your bias.
As said, the root question is simple, Is there a creator ? Some say yes, others maybe, and others still say no.

If you say categorically "no", then, life stops at death for you and everybody you know, your time on this planet is over and a total exercise in futility.
You have zero hope for the future. Your children have zero hope, your spouse has zero hope, everything ends at death.
If you have thought deeply on this issue and still believe that, then how very sad a person must be who lives thinking and believing that.

Misery is not a crime my friends, and it is no sin to be sad. (Or maybe desperation is the only sin?)

originally posted by: rajibmistic
There is no debate here. A child is born from a mother. We suppose mother as god. Humans are the creation of gods. But we have #ed up god. Like a mother who is bound to leave a child and leave them on their own. We are on our own. There is no god for us. But after death, the possibility is infinite. Only mortals have access to earth. And the god won't come here to die. They come in the form of humans like Jesus or like Gautam Buddha or Noah who made the ark. No matter how much we # the god. He still cares or us. But now it seems like he lost the hope. We are the end to our own civilization.

Well there certainly is no debate here, you got that right. Truly, I fear the Lord has abandoned this thread. No loving Father reads these posts, but the unseeing stars in the void around us, peering down like the softly focused eyes of a blind, mindless god.

This is the end.

originally posted by: Murgatroid

originally posted by: Subnatural
This thread is just a horrible train wreck, isn't it?

Reminds me of the tattoo scene from Dude, 'Where’s My Car?'

Lol, nice. That film is actually on TV here right now... someone changed the channel and I think that scene had just ended...

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: rajibmistic
There is no debate here. A child is born from a mother. We suppose mother as god. Humans are the creation of gods.

You cannot "suppose" something, and then state it as fact.

I can "suppose" that the rainbow farts of invisible unicorns are making us all gay.......

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhotonEffect

"My God"?

No I was agreeing with the poster that belief in souls or equivalent, or an after life doesn't necessitate belief in a god. But I think that atheists tend to equate the two.

as an atheist I would lie to say - no, not at all.

SOME religions have an afterlife - others do not - eg roman and Greek pantheism.

also some science fiction concepts (which are just as valid as imaginary religions) postulate "downloading" minds before or after death for effectively infinite "life" - no religion required.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

This is a decent example of God's finger print upon creation its design and where...

The lack of random characteristics are the proof of order and design by a creator...

youtu.be...

Design and creation plain and simple just like you...

That's a dumbed down version I picked for you there are more elaborate videos but this will suffice to educate you...

If you fail to see the truth in it you are lying to yourself or inept...

For the very smallest to the largest of all things in the universe or the Alpha and the Omega it is evident in all...

failure to comprehend does not disprove reality...

edit on 4-8-2015 by 5StarOracle because: Add

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

read up on Random Selection....there is no design. Birds with wings and cannot fly, animals living under water without gills, unused DNA's among all species, abnormal births, deformities ,natural disasters etc etc etc.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

This is a decent example of God's finger print upon creation its design and where...

No. It is a decent example confirmation bias. You made up your conclusion long before you found this "example".

The lack of random characteristics are the proof of order and design by a creator...

You have to be joking. Even if this lie were true, how would it prove design? Especially when you have RANDOM MUTATIONS in DNA leading to new traits.

youtu.be...

Link me the science, not a youtube video please. None of that proves god. It proves that you make an appeal to god to explain things that are coincidence. What about all the things that don't follow that pattern? You are romanticizing numbers, that's it. It isn't objective proof of anything.

If you fail to see the truth in it you are lying to yourself or inept...

What about your failure to understand evolution?

Hilarious how it always boils down to "I'm right, you're wrong, if you disagree you are lying or inept. I understand that you BELIEVE those things support your belief system, but that is your interpretation and opinion. IT IS NOT FACT. If you look for patterns you will find patterns. It doesn't prove god. Number coincidences in measurements do not prove god. In order to prove god you need objective evidence of this entity, not OMG there's a pattern here, it must be designed!!!

edit on 4-8-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: toktaylor

DNA is constantly evolving and refreshes itself that which is perceived to be extra or unused serves its purpose it's just not understood how...

Show me how your other examples are not bound by the same principles...mutations are unnatural yet still accommodated by design and still confined to its limitations...

A lot of birth defects are such mutations are caused by contamination yet the design holds them to their own species a chicken does not become an eagle by birth defect...

Pull another straw maybe your friend will give you another star for your next grasp...

Just can't be possible for somebody who blinds themselves what's beyond me is the absolute inability to perceive truth because you hate the idea of a creator or God...

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

It's a blue print...

are you really so blind???

even defects hold true to the constructs, because the finger is shorter than normal? big deal the phalanges still follow the rule...

so you are just plain wrong and yes inept...
edit on 4-8-2015 by 5StarOracle because: Broke down for peabrain

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

a reply to: toktaylor

DNA is constantly evolving and refreshes itself that which is perceived to be extra or unused serves its purpose it's just not understood how...

Show me how your other examples are not bound by the same principles...mutations are unnatural yet still accommodated by design and still confined to its limitations...

Mutations are entirely "natural" - being that they are caused by natural processes without intervention by man.

A lot of birth defects are such mutations are caused by contamination yet the design holds them to their own species a chicken does not become an eagle by birth defect...

Pull another straw maybe your friend will give you another star for your next grasp..

Just can't be possible for somebody who blinds themselves what's beyond me is the absolute inability to perceive truth because you hate the idea of a creator or God...

I have no "hate" for the idea of god.

I just see insufficient evidence for me to conclude 9or believe) in his/her/its existence.

I don't even "hate" pushy religion nut-jobs telling me I am wrong and then failing to provide anything more than their own smug unsupported beliefs to try to convince me otherwise. But they do annoy me with their fractal wrongness.

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join