It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Atheists: I will prove to you that there is a Creator to the universe. Come debate me.

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

originally posted by: TzarChasm
a reply to: Annee

How does a spiritual atheist explain the theoretical existence of souls?

I have thought about it before and came up with: Energy cannot be created nor destroyed only changed and one's life creates an energy which forms into what one can call a soul which can continue on.

I am not saying I believe that, but I find it plausible.

Kinda like that. Energy evolved to have conciousness. Energy Conciousness creates.

Like we are individual "gods". We are our own God/Creator.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
"Dear Atheists: I will prove to you that there is a Creator to the universe. Come debate me."

How bout....

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Subnatural

I wonder how it works with Latin, German, Mandarin, Russian, Farsi etc etc?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
a reply to: Annee

How does a spiritual atheist explain the theoretical existence of souls?

I have thought about it before and came up with: Energy cannot be created nor destroyed only changed and one's life creates an energy which forms into what one can call a soul which can continue on.

I am not saying I believe that, but I find it plausible.

I'm sure you have read about our bodies being made of dead stars, because our atoms were forged in the hearts of stars that lived eons ago. So maybe the soul is the same way? I don't know where the soul particles come from...just an idea. A lot of research on consciousness and physics yet to be done.
edit on 3-8-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

An atheist that believes in an afterlife, now that is ironic.

So let me get this straight, he doesn't think anything got him here to start, but something will allow his soul to continue after his physical body dies ???

The non-existence of God would not mean that nothing got him here to start. Nor that something wouldn't allow his soul to continue.

I honestly don't see how these things are connected, total non-sequitur.

I think many Buddhists are atheists, yet they still believe in an afterlife. Eh? What do you say to that, smartypants?

There is more on heaven and earth than is dreamt of in your philosophy!

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Here is the simplest way to prove the existence of a creator you ask the age old question, "what came first the chicken or the egg?"
The answer will never be possible if you do not at some point surrender to the fact one or the other had to be created first....
Funny how DNA is a record of all your ancestors don't you think?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: JRCrowley

atheists don't own the discussions on ATS, they just think they should.

If you were intellectually honest you could admit that the same could be said of the religious people on ATS.

Nah, we want the discussion they don't, you might be more of a lurker than a poster, but I have engaged plenty on ATS and they want the discussion over, some of them even attack agnostics furiously, and that tells me what I need to know about their intellectual honesty.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Nope, I haven't read that.

Honestly, I have never been very interested in the whole thing it was just something I pondered for a while.

A soul may be nothing but an imprint or an after image seeing as there are so many reports of repeat hauntings. I think there would have to be some specific circumstances for an energy signature to have an actual consciousness.

That is all hypothetical.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

a reply to: TzarChasm

A soul may be nothing but an imprint or an after image seeing as there are so many reports of repeat hauntings. I think there would have to be some specific circumstances for an energy signature to have an actual consciousness.

That is all hypothetical.

When you consider some transplants take on the characteristics of the donor, that makes perfect sense.

I know I read something recently about memory cells being past on to offspring.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subnatural
This thread is just a horrible train wreck, isn't it?

Reminds me of the tattoo scene from Dude, 'Where’s My Car?'

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: arimass101

So, which god are you talking about here? There are tons of them, you know.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I think many Buddhists are atheists, yet they still believe in an afterlife. Eh? What do you say to that, smartypants?

I say I had to do a lot of reading up on Buddhism, it seems some factions of the religion don't believe in deities that are
"gods" like other religions, but they are higher level beings. My favorite relevant one of these, is one who thought he created the universe but Buddha had to teach him that he didn't.
Very confusing religion but it has good intentions embedded within it's philosophy.

Anyways a Buddhist that is also an atheist is certainly possible, the philosophy seems to allow for that, but based on what I was reading I think they would be in the minority.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I believe in God. I believe God does exist. I believe that we can't understand everything there is to know. Although I don't need evidence it is all around. Just ask God pray if he is real or is there something else. I tell you the truth. You will receive an answer. I also believe everyone believes in God. I will compare God to our soul. We all know we have one something in side that makes us who we are. We can not described we can try but what it really is we do not know. We do not know where it is in our body's but we know it is there. We do not even know what it is made of. But I believe we all might agree we all have a soul. God is the one who gave us are soul the body too.

Consider this everything that we see that we are will not last but the things we can not see are forever. I already know I will probably get comments that I do not agree with everyone has a right to believe in what they want. But please ask yourself what if you are wrong. Are days are numbered. God is with us.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I am late to this thread, but I will take the challenge

originally posted by: arimass101
Over the years I came to the conclusion that the knowledge that there exists a creator to the world (with all the details below. Scroll down to see what I mean) is extremely simple and any thinking human whose brain is functioning normally will come to that very conclusion.

The obvious question is why does such a large quantity of people in the world, so many people of all generations among them genius minds of big scientists and philosophers deny that fact?

I haven't seen a fact yet...what fact??

The answer is bias.

since there is no "fact" there is no question of "fact" so there is actually no answer.

Wow - that was easy - thanks

A persons intellect is distorted by his desires, preconceived notions, and society.

I agree with that more or less .

The knowledge that there exists a creator to the world threatens a persons comfort and desires because if there is a creator then he must a purpose for his creation, which might include things required of a person that threatens his comfort.

if there was such knowledge, why must that be a threat??

A person does not like to do things that are uncomfortable to him, refrain for doing as he pleases, or be looked upon as unusual from his society.

seems generally reasonable....

So a person tries to find all kinds of things illogical as they may be to rely upon so he can have a clear conscious while continuing to do as he desires.

Why?

Many people don't even think for themselves they just blindly follow the herd of people of who are influenced by those big bias leaders of thought.

Oh the irony.......

Only an unbiased person who's only purpose is to find the truth no matter how uncomfortable it may be can see the clear truth that shouts itself out to the world.

but you have already said there re no unbiased people, so this is irrelevant.

Now this this knowledge is best found by contemplating to root question which is the following and nothing else. All other subjects such as morality, religion, and so forth can only be discussed after this root question is answered: Either the universe had a creator or the universe had always existed.

why are those the only 2 possibilities??
How about....the universe was created without "a creator"??

Which is more logical?

Neither is ipso fact more logical than the other - logic is established by presenting premise and conclusion - by examining evidence, by showing that 1 thing follows another - your statements so far fall short of that.

This question will lead the truly unbiased person....

Who we have already established does not exist.......

.... to the inevitable truth of the existence of a creator with the following conclusions:

There exists a being, who is the master of everything that exists and who brought all things into being at the time he desired. He sustains them as long as he so desires, and rules over them with complete authority. This Being is perfect in every way, having absolutely no imperfection whatsoever. He does not depend on anything else, and is not affected by anything whatsoever.

Er.....how is this non-existent unbiased person led to this conclusion??
You haven't actually shown any cause or logical path....

Gods existence is absolutely without beginning or end. That is, He did not pass from nonexistence into existence, and will absolutely never pass into nonexistence. He therefore always was, and always will be, and it is impossible for him to cease to exist.

Ditto......how do you reach this conclusion - what are the steps??

God is the cause of all that is,...

No evidence to support that so far......

but He himself is not the result of any cause. Rather, His existence is necessary, intrinsic to his nature. He has absolutely no structure, nor does He have any element of multiplicity. Rather, He is structureless and ultimately simple. Nothing that applies to the physical relates to God at all. He is divorced from any boundary or limit, from every association, and from every natural law.

so you say....but the evidence fairy is missing on this.....

The true essence and nature of God cannot be grasped at all.

so you are saying that you cannot actually know anything about god, and you are trying to write an argument that God is undeniably real.....I see a conflict in those 2 positions!!

It has no analogy, neither with any concept that exists among created things, nor with any idea that the imagination can conceive or the intellect comprehend. There are no words or descriptions which are truly fitting and proper to use in relation to God.

And yet you write:

When we speak of God, we make use of words, but we do so only in borrowed or metaphorical terms, so that we should understand what we must regarding Him. Our vocabulary contains only words pertaining to natural concepts, bound by the limitations of created things, and it it
therefore impossible for us to say anything at all without these words. But all who seek God and speak about Him must clearly realize that any descriptions or words used in relation to God do not truly relate to Him. They can apply only as borrowed terms, and in no other sense.

so when you say god DOES exist, you mean god metaphorically exists?? I think that must, by definition, fall short of undeniable evidence!

Lets together debate the existence of god from the the question that I wrote above: "Either the universe had a creator or the universe had always existed. Which is more logical?"

By limiting your thinking to only 2 positions you show that you are not actually intellectually capable of holding this debate - an opinion which I feel is backed up by several internal inconsistencies in what you wrote.

It was fun....but not really a challenge

edit on 3-8-2015 by Aloysius the Gaul because: quote tags

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Anyways a Buddhist that is also an atheist is certainly possible, the philosophy seems to allow for that, but based on what I was reading I think they would be in the minority.

I think you pick and choose what you read.

Buddhism is atheistic in nature. It is a philosophy without a Godhead.

But, it can incorporate the teachings of Jesus, and others.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Why are religious folk so arrogant always in thinking the universe MUST have been created, but god he's just always been around because um, god and all.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Why do you choose to perceive God as being unable to be beyond you, while choosing to define him by the constructs of his creation?
God being the creator not needing to be created is obviously beyond you, but that's ok that's why he's God and you are not...
don't feel bad that his being is beyond you that's quite alright because he is beyond all his creation...
Without respect and the ability to humble yourself however you will never begin to understand and that in and of itself is absolute ignorance as well as most arrogant...
edit on 4-8-2015 by 5StarOracle because: Add

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I have a theory that the Universe always was, you can not create nothing which is the blackness of space. The matter in the void called space is just that, matter. Where that matter came from originally is a good question, but i highly doubt that some supernatural being "thought" it into existence. Maybe matter always existed too.

I also have brought up a conundrum more often than not. If there is a GOD, then who created GOD? See how it spirals? You could say that GOD just always was but that defies logic, logic that says something must come from something. Most religions say GOD is "uncreated" but that is a hard pill to swallow...
edit on 8/4/2015 by Brainiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Brainiac

It was not thought into existence it was spoke into existence although you can be sure there was a great deal of thought put into it...
Your theory goes against the laws of nature of all things in the universe which the creator put in place only he is beyond these laws...
God the creator father of the universe master of all things second to none the Elohim He who's kingdom is separate from the entire Universe...
science knows that the universe was created and if the process strayed even just the slightest bit it never would have formed in the first place...
this also proves creation...

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

its called special pleading - and only they are ` allowed ` to do it

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join