It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Atheists: I will prove to you that there is a Creator to the universe. Come debate me.

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
"Gods existence is absolutely without beginning or end. That is, He did not pass from nonexistence into existence, and will absolutely never pass into nonexistence. He therefore always was, and always will be, and it is impossible for him to cease to exist."

I like this version better:

The universes existence is absolutely without beginning or end. That is, it did not pass from nonexistence into existence, and will absolutely never pass into nonexistence. It therefore always was, and always will be, and it is impossible for it to cease to exist.

There is no God... but karma is a bit... well you know.
edit on R062015-08-03T19:06:51-05:00k068Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

The universes existence is absolutely without beginning or end. That is, it did not pass from nonexistence into existence, and will absolutely never pass into nonexistence. It therefore always was, and always will be, and it is impossible for it to cease to exist.

but we dont even know that. we cant say the universe is infinite or eternal. we cant really say ANYTHING is infinite or eternal.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: arimass101

I am surprised I am replying to this post as one its obvious you wanted to get hits and two I find this notion more obscure then science theories.

You do realise the simple principle that a creator and religion has been the best part of humanity for a long time, thus saying man is trying to squash this idea is on its own absurd.

Both religion and science has its holes but religion has no evidence. Science does, therefore slowly ( I agree ) we progress in a forward direction.

However I am sure you wish to progress on this religious outlook.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi
I will help you be un-bored today.

"The Golden Ratio" anagrammed = "Alien,Thor, God, ET"

"The Golden Ratio" anagrammed = " Tho God, tree-nail." = " The God-One trial"

There's more , But I'm not gonna tell yet.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

We speak in a tone that we have been a part this universe since its inception. We are just learning about basic physics in Our Galaxy and maybe a few more. For someone to claim they've got it all figured it out it a blink of cosmic time, is purely delusional. Oh By the Way, I've been a lurker for years and this alone drove me to sign up. I am honored to be here and with such (mostly) highly intelligent people. Please go easy on me since quite the newbie. But I am driven to learn as much about everything as I possibly can. Cheers good people.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
This thread is just a horrible train wreck, isn't it?

And you guys are no better than the OP, at least you could have given him a chance. Instead of instantly derailing into off-topic nonsense.

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
a reply to: Agartha

I know Agnostics and Atheists who don't believe in a creator, but are open to the possibility of reincarnation. The two can be compatible.

Oh Really ?
That isn't a true atheist then, but agnostics could very well think that.

And exactly what magical force transfers the biological bodies life force that died into another biological beings body ?

Are you really going to defend this point? Why would a god be necessary for life after death? What magical force transfers the life force if there is a god?

An atheist is someone who does not believe in one or several gods. Nothing to do with souls or after life.

You are creating a false dichotomy, just like the OP did.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
basically this whole thread:

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: RavenSpeaks

If that is your idea of help then please, no more. WTF

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Subnatural

An atheist that believes in an afterlife, now that is ironic.

So let me get this straight, he doesn't think anything got him here to start, but something will allow his soul to continue after his physical body dies ???

edit on 3-8-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

a reply to: Subnatural

An atheist that believes in an afterlife, now that is ironic.

So let me get this straight, he doesn't think anything got him here to start, but something will allow his soul to continue after his physical body dies ???

For the non-atheist who tells atheists what they believe or don't.

SPIRITUAL ATHEISM

Spiritual Atheists generally recognize the word "God" as a personal name that has been given to the collective personality* of the infinite and eternal universe; just as your personal name is the name that has been given to your individual personality*. Even so, many Spiritual Atheists are extremely reluctant to make use of the word "God", due to the extreme desecration it has suffered by traditional Theists and Atheists alike.

www.centerforabetterworld.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

How does a spiritual atheist explain the theoretical existence of souls?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

atheists don't own the discussions on ATS, they just think they should.

If you were intellectually honest you could admit that the same could be said of the religious people on ATS.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

There is a force in the universe which sets souls in motion, and it is NOT any of the gods human beings deify and worship mto distraction....

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JRCrowley

atheists don't own the discussions on ATS, they just think they should.

If you were intellectually honest you could admit that the same could be said of the religious people on ATS.

Nah. A lot of them take adversity as a sign of validation. The more right they are, the more they will be hated. And they will endure every second believing it to be proof of divine favor and attention. Persecution is their lifelong initiation to get into heaven.

Not all. But a lot.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
In my view point it would be hard to prove the existence of a God, But with respect to a Creator, that is a given. What ever spark from in fact Creator, created the start of a structured, precise, Universe. This is something that can not be denied, by anyone, the universe is no fluke, things fit together too well.

Even from our limited view, to conceptualize our Universe for what it is, if it were even possible for Something to appear after eons, in the Void of Nothingness, it would also have to be know, that it had always been there, even how ever small.

The Singularity, became dual, multiplistic.
We are all part of Creation, at some point the Creation becomes perfected, all questions have been answered.

In denial of a Creator, your in denial of yourself.
edit on 3-8-2015 by OOOOOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

There is a force in the universe which sets souls in motion, and it is NOT any of the gods human beings deify and worship mto distraction....

Hitch hikers guide to the galaxy has a fascinating commentary on the role of presidents:

The President is very much a figurehead - he wields no real power whatsoever. He is apparently chosen by the government, but the qualities he is required to display are not those of leadership but those of finely judged outrage. For this reason the President is always a controversial choice, always an infuriating but fascinating character. His job is not to wield power but to draw attention away from it.

I wonder if this is what god is all about...

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

I don't know. Atheists are individuals. There is no atheist bible. No dogma.

I personally believe everything is energy and physical is a manifestation. (That's very simplified).

edit on 3-8-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

I have thought about it before and came up with: Energy cannot be created nor destroyed only changed and one's life creates an energy which forms into what one can call a soul which can continue on.

I am not saying I believe that, but I find it plausible.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

And the evidence to support this conclusion would be????

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: RavenSpeaks

"The oriental God"

Oh man I think you are onto something... I'm blowing the lid on this, son!

"God, a lithe tenor"

Hmm, well, it can't be Pavarotti...

"Thor negated oil"

It is through harnessing lightning we will free ourselves from the oiligarchs!

"Thor, elite gonad"

"Thor, a dong elite"
"Thor, a oiled gent"
"Thor, a genital ode"
"Thor, one get laid"
"Gee, Thor into lad!"
"Thor: agile, toned"

Moving on...

"God, atone hitler"

"[The] ghetto radon lie"

The next big conspiracy?

"Glad I not hetero"

So the homos are in on this as well... I'm not surprised!

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join