It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Atheists: I will prove to you that there is a Creator to the universe. Come debate me.

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: amazing

However, If there is psychic ability...it appears that we are all connected somehow. If there are spirits or a spirit world, it would appear that there is life after death. I realize that none of that means there is God, but life after death and an invisible connection to each other and these spirits...to me it's a step in that direction.

Step in the "Right" direction? What is the Wrong direction?

I'm atheist. I lack belief in a God. That, of course, does not mean there isn't one.

I've also had paranormal (for lack of better word) experiences since first memory. Yes, I believe there is an energy connection. How does that mean it's a god?

It doesn't necessarily, but it does make us question our lives. Are we all connected and how? Many metaphysical books, philosophers and proponents of god have said this, so if they are right about this, could they be right that there is a God? Perhaps that deserves a closer look. If there is a spirit world or spirits does that mean that there IS life after death? How long does it last and can those spirits reincarnate or inhabit another body? Where do the spirits go? Why do they linger? Now we're talking about life after death so of course that should make you question if there is God and lead you to some pretty good discussions. Just in my opinion, of course.

What is there not to question?

But, a god would indicate a single intelligence in charge. I believe "creation" was spontaneous through energy. That everything is energy connected.

There was much "creation" long before Earth. We are newbies (according to some scientists, not all). I lean toward Ancient Aliens as man's mistake of manifested Gods in physical form. To me it's logical.
edit on 3-8-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
The OP makes a good point, forget about every major religion tainting your bias.
As said, the root question is simple, Is there a creator ? Some say yes, others maybe, and others still say no.

If you say categorically "no", then, life stops at death for you and everybody you know, your time on this planet is over and a total exercise in futility.
You have zero hope for the future. Your children have zero hope, your spouse has zero hope, everything ends at death.
If you have thought deeply on this issue and still believe that, then how very sad a person must be who lives thinking and believing that.

If you say maybe, then at least you are still searching, you don't know, you have doubts, you have concerns and given what has gone on for millenniums they are legitimate. Your hope is not futile but in transit.

If you say yes, that opens up the next set of questions but as the OP stated those are for other threads.
As always these discussions are welcome at ATS, atheists don't own the discussions on ATS, they just think they should.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: arimass101

You can't prove it...

next
edit on Mon, 03 Aug 2015 17:45:26 -0500455America/ChicagoMonday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
The OP makes a good point, forget about every major religion tainting your bias.
As said, the root question is simple, Is there a creator ? Some say yes, others maybe, and others still say no.

If you say categorically "no", then, life stops at death for you and everybody you know, your time on this planet is over and a total exercise in futility.
You have zero hope for the future. Your children have zero hope, your spouse has zero hope, everything ends at death.
If you have thought deeply on this issue and still believe that, then how very sad a person must be who lives thinking and believing that.

If you say maybe, then at least you are still searching, you don't know, you have doubts, you have concerns and given what has gone on for millenniums they are legitimate. Your hope is not futile but in transit.

If you say yes, that opens up the next set of questions but as the OP stated those are for other threads.
As always these discussions are welcome at ATS, atheists don't own the discussions on ATS, they just think they should.

I disagree: if you don't believe in a creator it doesn't mean everything ends at death. I know Agnostics and Atheists who don't believe in a creator, but are open to the possibility of reincarnation. The two can be compatible.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

I know Agnostics and Atheists who don't believe in a creator, but are open to the possibility of reincarnation. The two can be compatible.

Oh Really ?
That isn't a true atheist then, but agnostics could very well think that.

And exactly what magical force transfers the biological bodies life force that died into another biological beings body ?

edit on 3-8-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: arimass101
Now this this knowledge is best found by contemplating to root question which is the following and nothing else. All other subjects such as morality, religion, and so forth can only be discussed after this root question is answered: Either the universe had a creator or the universe had always existed. Which is more logical? This question will lead the truly unbiased person to the inevitable truth of the existence of a creator with the following conclusions:

God or no God is a different debate..

But the your framing of the question of the Universe either (A) Having a Creator or (B) Having always existed is faulted on a few different fronts.

Even if the Universe was created, the void existed first. Scientists can create micro-things by creating uber-voids. You create a massive vacuum in a small chamber and blam...particles will pop into and out of existence.

Aristotle...Nature abhors a vacuum..

So the void created the universe? Who created the fertile void?

Also you premise of there being a necessary beginning is an idea based in time and space being on a linear continuum.

Hell...scientists are pretty sure our time-space universe is a donut shape, not linear ..

You would never reach the end of the universe and discover a wall..upon which something would need to be on the other side...and something beyond that ad infinium...you would come back to your starting point. Donut, not straight line.

Was the universe here forever? no, but the space/void was.

Did God make matter fill that void? Not sure...voids get filled with matter. Answer me who created the void...and the void in which the void was created? etc...

and then we can return to you Chicken or the egg debate.

Something from Nothing? A Vacuum Can Yield Flashes of Light
www.scientificamerican.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

if it is an afterlife that gives weight, substance, appreciation to your life... then you are not living your life to the fullest.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Then you shouldn't waste the time you have here. You should make every day count to improve life for those who come after.

How sad to live life for mortality. How sad to live your life to please an invisible being for the rewards he may bestow on you if you've been good enough.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
If you were born in Greenland, instead of believing in Jesus, you'd believe in Thor etc.

Anyway, when I was in high school and still struggling with the fact that I didn't actually believe in Christianity but couldn't admit it to myself, I came up with this story about Jesus being half-alien before even knowing any of the Ancient Alien stuff, Von Daniken or Sitchen etc. I had no clue that the Ancient Alien theory even existed at the time and I didn't even know who Von Daniken or Sitchen even were and yet I came up with the conclusion myself... that to me made more sense than the bible. It makes way more sense if you replace "God" with "aliens". Aliens are at least a lot more believable to me. Francis Crick, the guy who discovered the double helix structure of DNA, believes in "panspermia" or whatever (that humans, or maybe all life on Earth, didn't come from this planet) - So I'm not crazy, or rather, I'm no more crazy than a Nobel Prize winning scientist, LOL
edit on 3-8-2015 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

if it is an afterlife that gives weight, substance, appreciation to your life... then you are not living your life to the fullest.

Exactly!

And that is the epiphany that hit me the second I stepped completely out of the "God Circle".

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
oh yay another believer thread

If there is a "creator" then that would mean the crator came in to being from nothing ! Unless the creator was created by another creator hence at some point it came to be from nothing.

You see , its a paradox

You cant prove or disprove GOD's existence with a thread in theory

OP We are gods among insects , life creates life expodentialy

As an agnostic I at least have the humility to admit I simply dont know and that is fine with me. No matter how you try to wrap your head around it , you simply cant prove a Omnipotent creator exists. Perhaps *if there were id guess the creator "what and how it came to be" is far beyond our understanding. See i believe life carries on in some form after death due to personal experience on the etheral. That keeps me from identifying as athiest. However Ive seen nothing to indicate heaven or hell at least in that the biblical sense hellfire and brimstone exists at all.

What if the Creator is not a thinking entity but a force , Id say there is proof of this to a degree. But your biblical narcasistic sadistic and most cruel God of wrath is no more than a myth in my humble opinion. This version was fabricated from the minds of Roman Aristocrats from the first century. So to me God and a creator are both different concepts to me. I could try to convince you Lord Xenu is real by the same logic you bring fourth OP. If it were only that simple cut and dry OP this debate would have been settled long before we were born. So I will have to respectively turn you down on that round of Kool Aid.

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.”
― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

Funny how this GOD carries all the traits and agendas of an Elitist Aristcrat from the dark ages

edit on 3-8-2015 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-8-2015 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I'm 99% certain I've read this post before.

As a firm believer in "God" ... Whatever or whoever God may be, I think you'll be hard pushed to find evidence to prove his existence to those who don't believe.

There are different people in the world. Including, but not limited to, those who base their beliefs on what they know to be possible and what they can physically prove. Others dare to think outside and venture down all kinds of avenues. The one that leads to God is not always a hindrance as people like to make it seem.

"The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power" - Nikola Tesla

Anyhow, the real problem many disbelievers of a higher power have is Religion. Unfortunately, the two are of course related. But when you take away the man made dogma, there's actually an interesting topic to discuss. I say this as a life long Catholic.

We know far too little of our origin and purpose to conclusively say there is no God.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Oh Really ?
That isn't a true atheist then, but agnostics could very well think that.

And exactly what magical force transfers the biological bodies life force that died into another biological beings body ?

Not in an organized religious way, not like Nirvana or something like that. We are made of atoms and energy, they don't disappear, they are recycled. Which means we become part of something else after we die.

You can be an agnostic or atheist and still be spiritual anyway, it's just a different kind of spirituality, instead of being in awe at a divinity they have no proof of, they are in awe at the beauty of the universe, of us.

And I also said they are open to the possibility of reincarnation, atheists and agnostics are a really open minded, and they are not afraid of saying 'I don't know something' when they don't. We don't have all the answers.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: arimass101
Over the years I came to the conclusion that the knowledge that there exists a creator to the world (with all the details below. Scroll down to see what I mean) is extremely simple and any thinking human whose brain is functioning normally will come to that very conclusion.

Well there you have it folks.

The ultimate premises and conclusions.

What's there to debate, if you don't believe him, ask him.

edit on 3-8-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

In fact, as far as religion goes, you're the sane one.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: AshFan
Its funny what happens when you mix religion and Red Bull.

Hah

Best line ive read in a while , thank you for the laughs

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
God test.

I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
1) Basically life for us humans began approximately a couple of million or so years ago (Hence the different types of early man)
2) Language approximately 200,000 to 400,000 years ago (Basic speech, two grunts for rock, one grunt for a tree, three grunts for danger)
3) Religion started not long after speech. Basically early humans had the knowledge to create fire and to make simple tools. So when there was a flash of lightning and a clap of thunder they couldn't explain it. So it had to be some great and almighty being that had to be behind it. The stirrings of religion.

Think about how many different types of religion have been practiced on this planet since that time. More then there are stars in the sky. Some we'll never no anything about. But they all have a common thread, they all have one or more gods that are responsible for everything that goes on in the universe.

Plus the fact the there are at least two stories in the bible that can be attributed back to earlier versions of the same story in the Sumerian tablets. The story of Noah Sumerian Flood Myth and the story of Adam and Eve Sumerian Adam and Eve. Both stories in the bible were lifted from these earlier versions of Sumerian texts.

As for whether or not certain people ever existed in the bible, well that's a whole new ball game. Anyone could create a story involving people who actually existed/walked this planet and insert fictional characters/events/places to suit their needs.

We're all just a bunch of psychotic monkeys. There is no "God", no heaven, no hell. The earth is not 6000 years old. We're not special in the universe.

But I digress, lol.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

God, if he is real, and he is the God of one of these awful religions (Christian, Islam etc) then I would rather go to hell than worship a primitive thinking, sexist, anti gay, arragont, ignorant God.

To me, it is so obvious that the religious God is man made. Very primitive God because he was made up by primitive people.

I would be gutted if that kind of God is real

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
MAGIC I TELL YA !!!

It's PURE MAGIC

Oh and by the way I Don't Believe in MAGIC

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join