It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Atheists: I will prove to you that there is a Creator to the universe. Come debate me.

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:
(post by DeadSeraph removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
This is a serious question, although some of you will take it frivolously: which god are you talking about?

Because in the world today, the following are worshiped by millions and billions as their "god" or gods:

YHVH
Heavenly Father/Jesus/Holy Spirit
Allah

Shiva, Vishnu, Brahman, Rama, Krishna, Ganesh, and a host of other gods, avatars, deva, etc.
The Tao
Amaterasu-Ō-Mi-Kami, and a host of other Kami
The Great Goddess and Her Consort

and less popular today but no less "believed" in ... and very much more "believed in" in the past ...

Odin, Thor, Loki, Frigg, Zeus, Atremis, Athena, Apollo, Hera,Dionysus, Pan, etc. etc.

Which one of these deities are you referring to when you use the phrase "God."

Thank you for your clarifications!

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

(post by DeadSeraph removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraphPOST REMOVED BY STAFF

It's not asshattery though, it's just how my experience went.

I'm sure millions of Muslims have converted as well with the belief that a divine man is their key to salvation...

Would that be asshattery?

edit on Mon Aug 3 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Personally, the Creator of all...

Not a part time god that only dabbles in lightning and thunder...(Thor)
Or destruction...(Shiva)
Or an intermediary for my salvation...(Jesus)
Or a god that created Earth before the Universe...(Some among the pagan pantheons)
etc.

But I'm also an "each to their own" type of person.

Experience played a huge part in my beliefs, so I can't deny it may have been for others who follow the above.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

That Hindu one with all the arms is the best one though bet she would kick Thors arse.

We need Gods top trumps don't we?.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

originally posted by: DeadSeraph

originally posted by: Jobeycool

originally posted by: Agartha
a reply to: arimass101

Unless a God or Goddess appears to people there is no way you can prove his/her/their existence.
And even if a strange being with unknown super powers was to appear in front of me, I'd probably assume he is an alien or a time traveler from the future because that being would have to do something practically impossible for me to consider or believe he is a God.

Which means I am positive you or anybody else cannot prove to me that your God is real and that he created the universe. Faith makes you believe, and I lost mine when I read the Bible.

Sorry it is Cop out excuse when you say you lost your faith in God after just reading the bible.

No it isn't a cop out its happened to millions of people.

I regained Faith when I read the Quran.

Minus the trinity and human God.

Thor was always more compelling than Jesus if I wanted a divine man as an idol.

oooh... asshattery from a muslim! I like it.

It's not asshattery though, it's just how my experience went.

I'm sure millions of Muslims have converted as well with the belief that a divine man is their key to salvation...

Would that be asshattery?

Your experience is valid. I meant asshattery as referenced earlier in the thread.

To expound:

The subject is whether or not an intelligent creative force is responsible for the universe or not. When I suggest asshattery, I mean the potshots people have been taking at each other through this thread (like the pot shot you just took at Christians, for instance).

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jobeycool
Saying there is no evidence lies in the Eye of the Beholder.....Jesus told us to have faith.

No it doesn't. There is no objective evidence whatsoever for a creator or creation process. There are ancient scriptures that may or may not be true. You place your faith in the stories of the bible. Some folks place it in other stories. You said it above, it's based on faith. We know this. Faith = blind belief, no matter how you slice it.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

How do you know there was only one?

Whenever humans try to take simulate the universe, it always takes dozens (hundreds) of people working together to setup and maintain the infrastructure, programming, and hardware to keep it running. And those simulations don't even come CLOSE to accurately simulating the real universe.

How do you know that a singular being can have enough power to create a universe by itself? Look at all the processes throughout the universe that seem to work by themselves recursively to slowly make the thing more complex over time (I'm talking about various evolutionary patterns), or the various laws of physics that govern how the universe works. These seem to be in place to control the universe in place of intelligent thought doing it all by itself.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: arimass101

We have a life cycle all living creatures have a life cycle , stars have a life cycle so why shouldn't the universe.

MAN created god the evidence is all over this planet Names of god(s)

They came about to explain things man didn't understand so that's why we have Sun gods Thunder gods etc.

The gods listed in the link above are from all over the planet and believed in by the people who worshiped them, they have their creation stories as well, again all different and all with as much right as the others to be believed.

They can't all be right BUT they can all be wrong !

Let's be honest the christian god for something that is supposed to have created everything couldn't even get his message across the whole planet at once, the same with the others do you not find it strange they all have tight geographic areas.

MAN CREATED god and lots of them here endeth the lesson

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

It wasn't a potshot, it was self reflection.

If I took a potshot I'd be banned.

& I have better decorum to start a my God is better than yours argument.

I was just countering the notion that reading the bible and losing faith is a "cop out".

This thread hasn't been on topic since about page 4.

It's now a free for all.
Forgive me for chipping in.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Good points. Personally, I'm considering converting to atheism just for the free stars.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

That list.

Dosojin the god of roads lol.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped
a reply to: rickymouse

Ok, let's try again.

Any scientific evidence to back it up?

www.technologyreview.com...

www.youtube.com...

users.belgacom.net...

I actually found a really good research article I am off to read but it did not directly tie frequency to interactions of DNA, just all sorts of energy waves. It is relevant to what I am now studying in genetics so if these quick picks don't satisfy you you will have to find the evidence yourself, the scientific articles addressing this I read are reliable and out there somewhere buried in the web. Probably either on Physics.org or Science Daily since I read many articles a day on those sites.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

How do you know there was only one?

I don't and never claimed too.

Whenever humans try to take simulate the universe...

Lol really?
Give me a decent comparison please.

How do you know that a singular being can have enough power to create a universe by itself? Look at all the processes throughout the universe...

I don't.
But I believe it is possible.
You're trying to rationalise this as if we can comprehend the "creator of all's" thought process...
Which is admirable, but slightly arrogant.

Science is young, testable science even younger, technologically testable younger still...
Give it a few centuries and one of us will be vindicated with an answer, I'm sure.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

So, with respect, Allah, The Most Glorified, The Most High?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Thor was always more compelling than Jesus if I wanted a divine man as an idol.

Greek, Roman, and Norse mythology were ridiculously awesome compared to "modern" religions.

Somewhere along the line, the stories stopped being cool and it's a damn shame.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Debate is one thing...
Bickering and off topic derailing is quite another.....You are responsible for your own posts.

Community Announcement re: Decorum

Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Answer

Nah.
I'm not a Christian but I capitalize that (and God, and Bible) out of respect for the beliefs of others.

Doesn't change the fact that the OP does not, in fact, present a logical argument of any sort.

I don't it's a fictitious being from a story book I prefer MAN created god .

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join