It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Atheists: I will prove to you that there is a Creator to the universe. Come debate me.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: arimass101
People your avoiding from debating me from this question: "Either the universe had a creator or the universe had always existed. Which is more logical?" This is the root of the tree. Everything else are branches. You cant have branches if you dont have a root.

like others have said, you can't "debate" faith in god, you either have it or you don't.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha
a reply to: arimass101

Unless a God or Goddess appears to people there is no way you can prove his/her/their existence.
And even if a strange being with unknown super powers was to appear in front of me, I'd probably assume he is an alien or a time traveler from the future because that being would have to do something practically impossible for me to consider or believe he is a God.

Which means I am positive you or anybody else cannot prove to me that your God is real and that he created the universe. Faith makes you believe, and I lost mine when I read the Bible.

Sorry it is Cop out excuse when you say you lost your faith in God after just reading the bible.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Question:

If "God" created everything, including us, "His" 'children', he must therefore have bestowed upon us our brains and the faculties therewith -- correct?

So, having established that what we are is what "He" made us, how is it that one can reject the overwhelming preponderance of evidence disproving the 'existence' (right word?) of an all-powerful 'omni entity' and, indeed, the abject lack of evidence for such a "creator", when doing so flies in the face of the very faculty of logic which "God" imbued people with; thereby rejecting this element of "His" creation and thus impugning "God's" creations as 'imperfect' and, in effect, rejecting "God" "Himself"... ultimately in order to accept "Him"?

That is to ask: How can one reconcile the incongruity of rejecting "God" in order to embrace "Him"?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Jobeycool

Why? I read it as a kid and knew it was not from God but men.
Keep giving that half shekel dude.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jobeycool

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

What I can take from what you are saying here is "god is nothing".

Why,because Jesus Christ told us to have Faith in God and Him.

And what if Jesus Christ was a liar? Have you ever considered that?

Anyone can say that? I can say what if Jesus is a liar.What if He is not a liar.Bogus questions that have nothing to do with the credibilty of what Jesus was trying to prove with His ministry and teachings.Jesus proves with His own actions that you have to accept faith to believe in God.You cannot show God with telescopes or photographs,how many times does it have to be told.Which is why you atheist can become so irrational with the bible.

You just reinforced what all of us have been saying. God is faith based, there is no evidence. The stories could be true, they could be false, they could be a mix. We simply don't know, so believing them as authentic is a leap of logic, especially when you consider the other thousands of god myths throughout human history.

Jesus says "Ye must have Faith". So Jesus tells you Himself you cannot prove people to Him.Again credbilty established tht cannot be defeated.

You do realize that the gospels were not written down until decades after the alleged crucifixion by folks that did not witness the events, firsthand, correct? You are just assuming it's all true because somebody wrote it. If your standard for belief is that low, then why not believe in greek gods as well? There is just as much evidence.

The Op claimed he could prove god existed. He lied unless he has some ace up his sleeve that none of us have heard of. People aren't saying your faith is wrong. They are saying that it's faith, and by definition faith is blind belief. There's no reason to get bent out of shape over that.
edit on 3-8-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Why? I read it as a kid and knew it was not from God but men.
Keep giving that half shekel dude.

There is more going on to it than that.Always is.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Sorry it is Cop out excuse when you say you lost your faith in God after just reading the bible.

Cop out? LOL It's a book full of nonsense and contradictions....and silly rules, sexism, bigotry, incest etc etc
The question is how can people believe it is from a God?

edit on 3-8-2015 by Agartha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

Anyone can say that? I can say what if Jesus is a liar.What if He is not a liar.Bogus questions that have nothing to do with the credibilty of what Jesus was trying to prove with His ministry and teachings.Jesus proves with His own actions that you have to accept faith to believe in God.You cannot show God with telescopes or photographs,how many times does it have to be told.Which is why you atheist can become so irrational with the bible.

You just reinforced what all of us have been saying. God is faith based, there is no evidence. The stories could be true, they could be false, they could be a mix. We simply don't know, so believing them as authentic is a leap of logic, especially when you consider the other thousands of god myths throughout human history.

Saying there is no evidence lies in the Eye of the Beholder.....Jesus told us to have faith.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Cop out? LOL It's a book full of nonsense and contradictions....and silly rules, sexism, bigotry, incest etc etc
The question is how can people believe it is from a God?

Sound angry to me or arrogant.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

a reply to: arimass101

Unless a God or Goddess appears to people there is no way you can prove his/her/their existence.
And even if a strange being with unknown super powers was to appear in front of me, I'd probably assume he is an alien or a time traveler from the future because that being would have to do something practically impossible for me to consider or believe he is a God.

Which means I am positive you or anybody else cannot prove to me that your God is real and that he created the universe. Faith makes you believe, and I lost mine when I read the Bible.

No it isn't a cop out its happened to millions of people.

I regained Faith when I read the Quran.

Minus the trinity and human God.

Thor was always more compelling than Jesus if I wanted a divine man as an idol.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Saying there is no evidence lies in the Eye of the Beholder.....Jesus told us to have faith.

Faith isn't evidence...

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Faith isn't evidence...
Eye of Beholder

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Nope, all that I have mentioned is in the Bible.
You seem a bit flustered, though, I have nothing to prove, I am simply stating that reading the Bible made me an Agnostic. I am not trying to change anybody's minds, simply telling you what I think.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Nope, all that I have mentioned is in the Bible.
You seem a bit flustered, though, I have nothing to prove, I am simply stating that reading the Bible made me an Agnostic. I am not trying to change anybody's minds, simply telling you what I think.
Eye of Beholder and you are arrogant
edit on 3-8-2015 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Faith isn't evidence...

It will always come down to that, because there is no evidence. No matter what anyone here on a conspiracy site says, there is absolutely no evidence for any divine being or creator, none.
If there were, people much smarter than we find here would have already provided such evidence.

This is actually interesting from a conspiracy theory perspective too. Unfounded belief in something is a common trait here, even amongst those who claim to not be religious.

Instead of science and fact, they base their conspiracy in the "faith" they have that there is "something" going on. They can't prove anything, their "faith" in the conspiracy is all they need.

Interesting cross over of religious conviction and conspiracy theory - I wonder if there is a psychological link there?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Eye of Beholder and you are arrogant

Good grief, relax, we are not here to analyze me, we are here to discuss the possibility (or impossibility) of you or anybody else proving that your God is real.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Evidence of God relies on Faith and in the Eye of the Beholder ...Called common sense unless you people want to become dictators ruling the planet.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I believe in God but I will not be arrogant to have any idea what she wants us to do. We know whats right and wrong deep down and even being bad sometimes is part of who we are, who we evolved into but we are attempting to be better.
I will not let religion cloud my views on other people like some do and atheists? they tend to live life to the full in my experience they do good and right things because it feels good to do so and not because they fear burning in an imaginary place with the adult version of the bogeyman.
I shudder to think what some would do without that fear I suppose.
But we will all find out either way when we die.
Imagine If it is bald headed chap sitting in the lotus position when you go into the next life and not Jesus....
Wouldn't mind the Hindu Gods though they rock.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Wow these are such interesting and original points. They totally weren't covered earlier in the thread or anything, either!

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Those are some good questions and things that I too have pondered myself. I see there is much bleed over of confirmation biases being on display between conspiracy theorists and the religious to the point that I too have thought there may be some sort of link.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join