It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Atheists: I will prove to you that there is a Creator to the universe. Come debate me.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Jobeycool

Are you going to actually address any of my points or do you just plan on handwaving them away with stupid comments pretending like you know how this conversation is going to develop? If you didn't want to address my points and think they are beneath you, then don't enter a thread with this conversation. You just look childish and immature. I mean that post had to do with Muslims and Mohammad and you are bringing up Jesus' credibility again...
FAITH is addressed in Jesus PERIOD.I said it long ago in this thread.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

So you are going to continue to troll then? Well good to know. I'll stop talking to you since you don't want to have a serious conversation about this or anything.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

"This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion".

(Qur'an Al-Maa'idah 5:3)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jobeycool
Here it comes,the irrational questions from atheist.Which will have nothing to do with Jesus whatsoever or the bible.Which ruins an atheist credibilty.

aaaaaand we descend into asshattery. Thanks bro! I mean I knew I was wasting my time, but now I really regret it.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: Phage

Merriam-Webster - Atheist: a person who believes that God does not exist.

Not a textbook atheist
Just a troll with a large vocabulary.

"I believe the boogeyman doesn't exist, so I don't believe in the boogeyman."

There are so many incorrect misconceptions of what atheist/atheism is. First off it's a noun (it doesn't do anything). According to the American Atheist the correct definition is: Lack of belief in a god/deity (dictionaries are slow to catch up and remove incorrect meanings).

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Are you going to actually address any of my points or do you just plan on handwaving them away with stupid comments pretending like you know how this conversation is going to develop? If you didn't want to address my points and think they are beneath you, then don't enter a thread with this conversation. You just look childish and immature. I mean that post had to do with Muslims and Mohammad and you are bringing up Jesus' credibility again...
FAITH is addressed in Jesus PERIOD.I said it long ago in this thread.

I know what you said, and I responded to to it already with some follow up concerns that you have been intent on trolling away or repeating yourself like a parrot. I'm not interested in elementary school debate here. If you aren't going to supply some well thought out answers beyond "just have faith, DUH!" then I'm not going to waste my time with you.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

LMAO

I love this argument. Let's talk about this instead. It's so much more comical.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Once again Jesus restores His credbilty with Himself.The people smear each other and smear Jesus because they refuse to have Faith in Christ.Simple as that with this subject.Which proves Jesus is telling the truth.

All that happens is bshing each other,the scripture of the taming of tongue reveals itself.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped
The Christian bible is book 2 of a 3 book series.

The concept of “Abrahamic faiths” is a fallacy...

The concept of “Abrahamic faiths” is a fallacy. Its contemporary influence was, tragically, born out of a century of Christian suffering in the Middle East and foisted upon the unsuspecting West. It is reasonable to ask whether this is a theological Trojan horse designed to promote an Islamic worldview of relations between faiths.

The Abrahamic Fallacy

‘Abrahamic faiths’ is a distinctly Islamic term that subverts historic Judaism and Christianity, reframes them within an Islamic worldview, asserts Islamic superiority, and thus is the very opposite of its alleged intended usage. ‘Abrahamic faiths’ is a loaded term that reinforces the Islamic claim that “Christianity and Judaism are regarded as distorted derivatives of Islam…” and serves the purpose of Islamic da’wa.

The term ‘Abrahamic faiths’ and its cognates is misleading. Reinforcing the term’s misleading nature, Aaron Hughes, in the conclusion of his book-length evaluation of the term Abrahamic Religions, states that it is more an impediment than an expedient to understanding. I trust that I have made the case that the term is, for all intents and purposes, meaningless.”105 Whilst in broad agreement with Hughes, the term ‘Abrahamic Faiths’ is worse than meaningless, because it is literally full of meaning. The term comes from the Qur’an, is a loaded term that serves the agenda of Islamic da’wa while undermining the authenticity of Judaism and Christianity. Therefore, I conclude that ‘Abrahamic faiths’ is a term that should be abandoned by scholars except in its original qur’anic signification.

The Myth of the Abrahamic Faiths (PDF)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
If I stop chatting bout this and all the God believers walk away...The atheist will suddenly go after more christians and theist on another chat website.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph
a reply to: GetHyped

Which is why so many of them react so violently to the notion of a creative intelligence behind the origin of the universe, I suppose.

No not really. Violently? That's funny I haven't seen any violence as a result from this thread, but ok. They do not believe in the system you guys are pushing and they aren't just reacting blindly, they are debunking false notions and fallacies created by folks who claim god is real or that they can prove it. I don't care what folks believe, but when they blatantly lie and say they are going to prove god, or nitpick/deny science in the name of a belief system, they should be called out on it.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

Please do not attempt to lump Agnostics with Atheists, it gives us all a bad name as Neil Degrasse Tyson can explain for you in more ways then I ever could.

A true atheist is an agnostic atheist.

Agnostic's real meaning is God can not be proven or disproven. It is often used incorrectly.

Atheist is Lack of Believe in a God. It does not mean a God does not exist. But, it would have to be proven.

And yes, I know exactly what Tyson says.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

If I stop chatting bout this and all the God believers walk away...The atheist will suddenly go after more christians and theist on another chat website.

Did an atheist start this thread?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph
a reply to: Annee

LMAO

I love this argument. Let's talk about this instead. It's so much more comical.

I figure American Atheists know.

Being that they are atheist.

Was there an argument there?
edit on 3-8-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

So basically you're picking up your ball and going home because you don't like having to rationalize your beliefs and assertions you've made to others?

Figures.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
No...But the perso who started should have mentioned a Gigantic word Jesus demanded.FAITH. You cannot show God is real to people.You can show credibilty that God is real.Huge difference.
I cannot show you God in a picture ot telescope or fly you to Him.

Jesus clearly explains Himself to Thomas,That Thomas sees Him and He still doubts He is real.Jesus tells Him that you must still have Faith.
This subject is a broken record without using the world FAITH.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: arimass101

Unless a God or Goddess appears to people there is no way you can prove his/her/their existence.
And even if a strange being with unknown super powers was to appear in front of me, I'd probably assume he is an alien or a time traveler from the future because that being would have to do something practically impossible for me to consider or believe he is a God.

Which means I am positive you or anybody else cannot prove to me that your God is real and that he created the universe. Faith makes you believe, and I lost mine when I read the Bible.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I thought you were going home with your ball? Instead you've descended into frothy-mouthed fervorous religious ranting like some crazy street preacher.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha
a reply to: arimass101

Unless a God or Goddess appears to people there is no way you can prove his/her/their existence.
And even if a strange being with unknown super powers was to appear in front of me, I'd probably assume he is an alien or a time traveler from the future because that being would have to do something practically impossible for me to consider or believe he is a God.

Which means I am positive you or anybody else cannot prove to me that your God is real and that he created the universe. Faith makes you believe, and I lost mine when I read the Bible.

edit on 3-8-2015 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

the tank engine? or ? because either way the tank engine adds more to your story.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join