It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Atheists: I will prove to you that there is a Creator to the universe. Come debate me.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jobeycool

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Jobeycool

What I can take from what you are saying here is "god is nothing".

Why,because Jesus Christ told us to have Faith in God and Him.

And what if Jesus Christ was a liar? Have you ever considered that?

Anyone can say that? I can say what if Jesus is a liar.What if He is not a liar.Bogus questions that have nothing to do with the credibilty of what Jesus was trying to prove with His ministry and teachings.

They aren't bogus questions. If you are going to discuss faith, then you should DEFINITELY address the person's credibility of the person you are supposed to have faith in. I'm not going to place faith in a dishonest person.

Jesus proves with His own actions that you have to accept faith to believe in God.You cannot show God with telescopes or photographs,how many times does it have to be told.Which is why you atheist can become so irrational with the bible.

How does Jesus prove anything? All we know about Jesus is what was written about him in the bible. Those people could have been liars as well. Now there is an unspoken command when reading the bible to put faith in the authors as well. Heck for all we know, Jesus may not even have existed OR he was an amalgamation of several different preachers of the day who had similar teachings. How can I answer Jesus' request to have faith in him if I'm not even sure he existed and I haven't been asked to put faith in the authors of the book I'm reading about him in?

You bring up irrationality, but I'm not sure you are using that word correctly. The bible itself is irrational. Just because the questions asked about it make you uncomfortable to think about those possibilities doesn't make those concerns "irrational".
edit on 3-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Anyone can say that? I can say what if Jesus is a liar.What if He is not a liar.Bogus questions that have nothing to do with the credibilty of what Jesus was trying to prove with His ministry and teachings.

They aren't bogus questions. If you are going to discuss faith, then you should DEFINITELY address the person's credibility of the person you are supposed to have faith in. I'm not going to place faith in a dishonest person.

Jesus proves with His own actions that you have to accept faith to believe in God.You cannot show God with telescopes or photographs,how many times does it have to be told.Which is why you atheist can become so irrational with the bible.

How does Jesus prove anything? All we know about Jesus is what was written about him in the bible. Those people could have been liars as well. Now there is an unspoken command when reading the bible to put faith in the authors as well. Heck for all we know, Jesus may not even have existed OR he was an amalgamation of several different preachers of the day who had similar teachings. How can I answer Jesus' request to have faith in him if I'm not even sure he existed and I haven't been asked to put faith in the authors of the book I'm reading about him in?

You bring up irrationality, but I'm not sure you are using that word correctly. The bible itself is irrational. Just because the questions asked about it make you uncomfortable to think about those possibilities doesn't make those concerns "irrational".
This is about Jesus not me and you.I believe Jesus is God.Jesus showed He is credible.We could never establish we are credible to each other on some internet chat room.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Why Jesus and not Muhammad?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

The interaction of chemicals with the frequencies created by life can bring this chemistry to create DNA. So life is necessary to create new life. Just the presence of an oak tree in the vicinity of a corn plant will alter gene expression of the corn plant. The frequency created by life, the stuff we are creating is included because we are life, alters the cellular structure of things around it. Every wave lapping the shore adds to this energy signature around the world so it somewhat buffers it. Now if you live in the woods for generation your gene expression will alter within parameters to be more like others living near you in the same environment. It is not only chemistry in the environment that is important in evolution. Now some parts of our DNA are harder to alter, it is what buffers this evolution'

Nothing I have stated shows that there is no god. God is a structured energy link, tying everything living together. The frequency patterns of this world are different than that of others so life will appear different but assembly of minerals seems to be structured evenly throughout the universe we live in so I would say any life out there would be similar shaped to what we see on earth. I feel that we are linked somehow to these other life planets and to everything that exists. What would you call this link? Could it be called god?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

This is about Jesus not me and you.I believe Jesus is God.Jesus showed He is credible.We could never establish we are credible to each other on some internet chat room.

You are missing my point in your desire to be a religious dogma parrot, "nuh huh! Jesus was credible." Like I said, all we know about Jesus was written by SOMEONE else. NOT Jesus. Therefore we have to take THOSE people's words that they are telling the truth as well. Not just Jesus. You are feeding me the standard circular logic that I hear from most Christians. "Have faith in jesus!" Why? "Because the bible says so!" How do I know that the bible is telling the truth? "Because the bible talks about jesus!" uhhhh...

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Study how wicked Muhammad realy was.If atheist would learn and read about how terrible Muhhamad realy was.Then they would learn why the Islam world loses its credbilty.

A lot of what goes on now with the wars between Islam and Israel has to do with Abrahma Isaac and Ishmual.Abrahma was promised a covevnant with Israel and that hate still is going on.Seeds are still planted.

Learn how wicked Islam politics are towards jews with anti-semitism run amok all through it after the holocaust.They also hate christians for helping the jews.Bad muslims hate christians for helping good muslims.The cycle does not stop.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
I would just like to point out the fact that both Organized Religion and Atheism are hard-set belief systems that have no irrefutable evidence to prove or disprove either one.

They are both more alike then most would like to admit.

Just wanted to point out that since there is no objective evidence for god whatsoever, that atheism is the logical default. Burden of proof rests on the people who claim existence, not non-existence. There are millions of possible things that we can't prove don't exist. That alone doesn't make them credible. Atheism is a position of logic, although there are some hardcore "extreme" atheists that think god is impossible. I could be convinced by evidence as would most others, but there is none so atheism wins by default, at least from the perspective of where we are now in our current point in time and knowledge development. We could very well discover god in the future, but it's doubtful that he/she/it would be the Christian god or any predefined by humans type of god.
edit on 3-8-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I suspect the OP is a sock puppet. The puppeteer is probably active on this thread. I have a suspicion who it is, but will keep quiet since i have no proof... yet.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Ok, let's try again.

Any scientific evidence to back it up?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Here coems the stupid arguments again.Jesus dd not write things down about Homself.That is all the more proof He was spekaing to people and they wrote it down.

These kind of arguments give Jesus more credbilty.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Your choice is arbitrary. The Christian bible is book 2 of a 3 book series. Why stop at book 2? Why not book 1 or 3?

Was it because you were coincidentally raised in a predominantly Christian culture?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Jesus says "Ye must have Faith". So Jesus tells you Himself you cannot prove people to Him.Again credbilty established tht cannot be defeated.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Study how wicked Muhammad realy was.If atheist would learn and read about how terrible Muhhamad realy was.Then they would learn why the Islam world loses its credbilty.

At least Muhammad acted like a real person and a product of his times, as opposed to your Christian boyscout who apparently did NO wrong his whole life... I wonder what Jesus did to get the moneylenders out of the temple... Hmmm...

A lot of what goes on now with the wars between Islam and Israel has to do with Abrahma Isaac and Ishmual.Abrahma was promised a covevnant with Israel and that hate still is going on.Seeds are still planted.

No most of it has to do with religious people not being able to think outside of their narrow world views and accept other possibilities rationally.

Learn how wicked Islam politics are towards jews with anti-semitism run amok all through it after the holocaust.They also hate christians for helping the jews.Bad muslims hate christians for helping good muslims.The cycle does not stop.

Christians have performed no better under theocracies.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Now irrational questions about how many books.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Here coems the stupid arguments again.Jesus dd not write things down about Homself.That is all the more proof He was spekaing to people and they wrote it down.

These kind of arguments give Jesus more credbilty.

This is the most backasswards logic I've ever read... Someone writing down things that SOMEONE else said gives that someone else more credibility? I would have thought that things like the telephone game would mean that person has LESS credibility not more...

You really need to look up the definition of irrational. You really are having a tough time grasping what IS and isn't rational.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

At least Muhammad acted like a real person and a product of his times, as opposed to your Christian boyscout who apparently did NO wrong his whole life... I wonder what Jesus did to get the moneylenders out of the temple... Hmmm...
Now comes the abuse of fighting and whining.

No most of it has to do with religious people not being able to think outside of their narrow world views and accept other possibilities rationally.

Christians have performed no better under theocracies.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

I suspect the OP is a sock puppet. The puppeteer is probably active on this thread. I have a suspicion who it is, but will keep quiet since i have no proof... yet.

I'M THE PUPPET MASTER YOU GUESSED RIGHT!

Holy #. Not everything is a conspiracy.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Here it comes,the irrational questions from atheist.Which will have nothing to do with Jesus whatsoever or the bible.Which ruins an atheist credibilty.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Are you going to actually address any of my points or do you just plan on handwaving them away with stupid comments pretending like you know how this conversation is going to develop? If you didn't want to address my points and think they are beneath you, then don't enter a thread with this conversation. You just look childish and immature. I mean that post had to do with Muslims and Mohammad and you are bringing up Jesus' credibility again...

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Atheist will get emotionaly crazy now because they cannot accept the term faith.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join