It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey tough guy!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Where do I begin..

It seems no matter where I end up in life , there are always people who want to test themselves against me.

In the last year I've moved to a new city; I had to sell my car so I walk to and from work.

Since I've moved here I've had so many guys try and fight me or otherwise intimidate me..but what they don't realize is that I'm just waiting for them to lay a finger on me.

I'm a martial artist so I can stop myself from taking the bait a lot of times, and also I have a court case next month I am going to be dealing with so I can't get into any trouble.

Anyways today when I was walking to the store I had a guy literally standing outside the doors giving me the middle finger, literally trying to provoke a reaction out of me..didn't work for him.

Then later I'm walking home and some guy is walking with his woman, his chest all puffed up, mr tough guy but it's funny because he would be pretty embarrassed to actually try anything but ACT tough against me.

I'm a short (5 foot 5) & stocky man, which I guess in peoples minds somehow translates to "easy target"..I swear one of these days though someone is going to realize real quick the mistake they made trying to harm me or anyone I care about for that matter.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

Where exactly do you live? I literally have never had anyone try and bully me since school. Yeah maybe in the workplace, but not trying to fight me, just being a bully, you know?

I feel like I am more invisible these days, which is worse IMO. I would like some one to give me attention even if it was negative, some days I feel like I have already died and just haven't moved on yet.

Maybe you are ogling peoples girlfriends more than you should be?

Are you wearing offensive shirts, like a confederate flag?

Do you walk around like a tough guy too? That often is enough to provoke someone.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Your post is about waiting to get provoked into fighting.

That's an important mission to you?

Good luck with that court case!

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

My post is about being prepared to defend myself against people who are trying to be hostile towards me.

You know the world isn't all sunshine and rainbows right ? Try walking around at night from work and tell me who you come across

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

I went to high school with a "bad-azz" short dude, who thought his didn't stink. He was on the wrestling team, but girls paid him little if any attention.

He wore wife-beater shirts 2 sizes too small to make him look buff.

30 years later he is short still, half bald, missing teeth, and never married. Still wearing clothing too small.

He was a rooster looking for a fight.

Op, why fight? Isn't a important part of martial arts to be self-discipline so you don't care to fight? Not go around looking for one?

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I pretty much walk with my head down, my headphones on and I don't bother anyone or even look most people in the face when I meet them on the street.

No I wasn't ogling anyone's girlfriend or wearing offensive shirts..I have heard a lot of talk at work about white people being targeted by the younger immigrants in the area.

Also a lot of it is the wannabe gangster types who are more or less just looking for someone to take advantage of.

As for the walking like a tough guy, well if I do it's not intentional, and like I said I'm not calling people out on the street and sh#t

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I took martial arts precisely so I could temper myself, otherwise I would go on fighting people who are trying to do so.

I love it though keep on demonizing me, you're such a saint who can do no wrong and I'm just a Neanderthal looking for a scrap

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

No one.

I get what you think your post is about.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

You keep right on thinking that.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Actually I lied, I just remembered one time I was in San Francisco.

I was walking down a pretty populated part of the market district and this black dude started walking by me and my buddy. He was spouting off a bunch of stuff how white people were evil, just stuff to get us mad.

I turned to my friend and said lets f-ing roll this dude! He lived in the city a long time and told me this is their tactic for robbing people, they talk crap, get you to chase them into a alley and then 10 of their buddies come out to beat you down and take your stuff.

So I guess you must live in a big city, I would just defuse situations as the come. No need to accidentally kill someone or catch hep c or AIDS in a street fight. Just run, not even joking. If you are in danger just cut out, not worth the effort.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Great well I'm glad you get what I'm thinking I'm talking about, cuz at this point, I'm not sure I know what I was thinking posting something in the rant forum and expecting nothing short of being called a liar.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

I don't know that you are a liar. I believe that you are spoiling for a fight. I apologize if I am wrong.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Ultra, come on, you are better than this. Leave your convictions at the door. Not all short guys are that guy in high school that obviously left you with some unresolved feelings.

threeeyesopen is right, In big city's certain people do get targeted. I kinda forgot some other experiences that are coming back to me now, its just been a long time since I have been out in the real world, I guess I kinda forgot.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Thanks for posting your experience.

I'm really not trying to single out any race of people, especially since it's happened with just about every race of person I've personally come across.

There's one in every group of people.

As for being robbed, well when I was living in the bigger city (Toronto), I got robbed before at gun point and at knife point (separate occasions)while walking to work in some not so nice neighbourhoods (I worked security in the shadier places of the city)..since then I decided to learn martial arts, and also learn to better focus my emotions in ways that are less harmful to my overall well being.

edit on 2-8-2015 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

That's fine, your entitled to your opinion

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I spent 6 years of my life with a man who is 3 inches shorter than me. He was so much fun and super smart. I loved his mind and his heart.

I have no carry over issues from high school except that I never purchased yearbooks. I regret that now.

Perhaps my view is influenced by never having lived in a big city.

I can admit there are experiences there that we don't have in our city, population 27,000.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Okay well you just ran off the OP, he is done with ATS, he quit, so I hope you are happy, you won.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

I think that reflects on the OP and not me.

I have no power or authority on ATS to cause anyone to leave.

He told me I was entitled to my opinion.

I guess I wasn't.
edit on 1438570668Sunday31Sun, 02 Aug 2015 21:57:48 -0500pmSunday5790931 by Ultralight because: added forgotten text.

edit on 1438570734Sunday31Sun, 02 Aug 2015 21:58:54 -0500pmSunday5890931 by Ultralight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Whatever helps you sleep at night, we all have influence. Whether you use that in a positive or a negative way, you do.
Just remember that a lot of people here are the misfits, and people at the end of their rope. We need to be good to each other. Do you really want to be someones final straw one day? I know I don't, that's what I try to remember on this site.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
The Law of Attraction always brings to us what we focus our attention on for better or worse. I believe you are looking for a fight so that is what you attract. Try focusing on what you can learn from or how you can help the people around you instead of looking for a fight. You will be happier.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join