It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does the left want terrorist in America?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
as far as the little show we call US politics but I do know one thing..and I guess I would lean toward being a democrat if I did. I was registered as one once. I've never been a republican.

We are in a war. We have been in one since the early 90s like it or not. Because we only recently declared it doesn't mean we weren't involved all along.

There has never been a true and lasting resolve or peace in a conflict without a clear cut winner. Not in all history have two warring nations or religions called it a draw. There will be no truce nor peace or any compromise in this. There will be winners and a losers. I think we had all better stop kidding ourselves about the goals of militant Islam and their capability to realize it. It is very real.

I am disgusted by our current administration's priorities of wealth and game playing in the face of the potential loss of liberty and human rights world wide. Evidently, talk is cheap.

However, I'm also disgusted by the opposition's supposition that there is no threat or somehow the threat has been embellished. If anything, the true threat has been downplayed and reduced to a ticker on the bottom of Fox News.

I think its time we see entire middle east for what it is and its true intrentions and stop playing games and wasting precious time. Like it or not, war is here.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 01:41 AM
link   
This US should pull almost (not the ones in Afganistan)ALL its troops back if they want thier homeland to be safe. How many Billions are going into Iraq when they could have easily been going into Homeland Security(not the Dept of but the actual Defence of the Mainland), not to mention beef up its medical facilities to better cope with chem/bio/radiological attacks. Lots of things could have been done with the money that is now down the drain in the money-pit that Iraq is turning out to be. Taking the fight to them is all well and good as long as the Objectives are clear, Afganistan IMHO was a success. Iraq on the other hand is in the news (almost)daily and it ain't good news. The US should never have launched the war at the time that they did, it was a very reckless move and the reprecussions will be felt for decades to come. Only time will tell....

[edit on 30-12-2004 by sardion2000]

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by sleeper
The left wants them to come here

Dear lord, you blinded by your extremism! I don't even know why anyone bothers resonding to such deluded rants.

At least it keeps some of the nonsense off ATS.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
This US should pull almost (not the ones in Afganistan)ALL its troops back if they want thier homeland to be safe.

To police who? All I hear is talk about how we have to use our troops here at home but once that endeavor begins, we'll start to hear how we're offending people because they aren't permitted to come here. No, what the rest of the world wants is the US' hands tied behind their back. If we did pull back troops and close borders, it would be seen as more of an act of aggression than anything else we could do. We have seen the end of the age of such ideology. We all live in the world as a whole.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   

So you are saying that America should have stayed out of Hitler�s way?

America should have let the Soviet Union swallow up Europe?

When should America get involved?----After the world has went to hell in a hand basket?

Have you seen what is out in the world? Haiti, the Middle East, Africa, China, South America.

America is by �virtue of the gods� the one place that reason prevails and is the only country in the position to referee in this quagmire of madness engulfing much of the world.

Or you can stay in your protective bubble, and pretend that the world can live in harmony as soon as the Age of Aquarius kicks in.

Did you happen to forget about the fact that the USSR saved our butts in WWII by defending Staligrad and preventing Hitler from havign a staging ground to attack from the east? I dont suppose the UK even had anythign to do with the successfull campain against the Axis either...

When shoudl the USA get involved? well that would depend on how you mean involved.. if you mean by preemptivy striking at countries simply because we dont loike the way they run their country? I would say never. If you mean by supplying diplomatic influince, santions, and political strength to prevent outbreaks of violence and stop potential wars theni woudl say when it is needed. If you mean acting with the world community to give aid to countries who have suffered sevier natural disasters so that we can try and rebuild national relations.. well apparently Bush feels that his vacation is more important than that.

Yes I have infact seen what is out in the rest of the world, Sweedan, Iceland, France, Canada, Japan, India, Nepal. What is facinating is the ammount of mass instability created by Bush's actions in the name of freedom. Much like Hitler claiming his actions were in the name of god and the good of germany, or the Inquisition acting in the name of god, or the Crusaids actign int eh name of god, Funny how it all was really in the name of power, influince, and wealth.

America is the only place in the world where reason prevails..... ...... If you honestly believe this then there really is no point in pointing out historical, political, or socio-economic facts, quotes, or numbers because you will blindly believe what you are told to believe.

Ohhh and BTW... astronomicly I believe we have already entered the age of Aquarious for a number of years.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Wow, he is asked to prove the many liberal millionaires...... and he doesn't. Fine, how many liberals are billionaires? How many liberals give millions to Bush so Bush does what they want? Like invade foreign countries who have oil so they can exploit the region for money?

Also, fighting Hitler, Hitler was trying to get Mexico to attack us, and Japan had attacked us, so that was a real war. What Bush has done is what Japan did to us, but worse. Japan attacked a military base, we attack homes in cities. Japan was being restricted by the US, Iraq wasn't doing anything to us. Japan was trying to expand and we got in the way, Iraq? What did they do? Have oil?

Also, actors? aren't they liberal? Yes, they are. But not true ones, they say guns bad.... But don't all their BG's have guns? And whats this? Ben Affleck just made Drinking, Drugs, Death and Destruction, the Bush Biography with guns, violence, and war in it. Aren't there also conservative actors/singers? Aren't all rednecks conservative? I mean country singers? Don't hear to many country songs about saving the enviroment before Exxon spills another million gallons of oil into the ocean killing off all the wildlife. But Lawyers? I didn't know rats could be liberal or conservative.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   

So you are saying that America should have stayed out of Hitler�s way?

America should have let the Soviet Union swallow up Europe?

When should America get involved?----After the world has went to hell in a hand basket?

Have you seen what is out in the world? Haiti, the Middle East, Africa, China, South America.

I think its worth mentioning that there were some people in the US that supported Hitler, basically bunch of right-wingers. William Randolph Hearst and the IBM corporation come to mind. Some people argue that Germany alone could have never been that successful if it weren't for outside help. Go figure. I doubt any liberals would say we should have stayed out of WWII, but the US did wait until they saw that even Britain was in danger of being conquered.

The whole, have you seen what is out there quote is amusing. Are you implying the US should invade all those countries you listed? That's alot of work you conservatives have made out for yourselves. You do realize that the dictator Allende had the blessing of the US right? Also why didn't the US invade Indonesia under the Suharto regime, but instead supplied them with arms and military training? I'm glad you say the Middle East and not Iraq, Iran or Syria because according to Bush we really should be taking over that entire region and convert them all to christianity as Ann Coulter have stated. I don't think liberals are necessarily against the idea of war, but see the hypocrisy in US foreign policy.

Off course the left do not want to see terrorists here, but like Kerry said we should be fighting a smarter war. Tell me, has the war on terror under Bush Sr. had any effect? Or even the war on drugs? Kerry was one of the originators of pursuing the terrorist by freezing their financial assets which proved to be very effective. The recent Pentagon report states we should be employing more psy-ops. This is what the left is saying. Did the "shock and awe" campaign do anything to mitigate the insurgency? Didn't seem so. Don't forget that Bush Sr. didn't reign in Saddam when he had the chance because there was no "viable exit strategy" at the time. Whoa did Pappa Bush sound like a lefty there?

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
The USSR was communist sleeper?

Which aspects of true communism (not your grandfathers communism) did the USSR practice?

You are spewing garbage once again, not even the neocons on this board agree with half the things you say.

I wouldn't be suprised if sleeper is just edsinger under another name or perhaps a member of the ATS staff.

Sleeper seems to believe America with a single hand stopped hitler... what about the million or so Russians who died fighting Hitler? What about the British? French resistance?

[edit on 30-12-2004 by RedOctober90]

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
A SECRET HISTORY - The harassment of Italians during World War II has particular relevance today and serves as a warning of what could happen.

Al Bronzini's father lost his business and his mother lost her mind. Rose Scudero and her mother were exiled. Doris Giuliotti's father ended up in an internment camp. And Anita Perata's husband was held in a detention center and her house ransacked by the FBI.

They don't want reparations, apologies or pity. They simply want the history books rewritten to say that, almost 60 years ago, it was a crime to be Italian.

During World War II, 600,000 undocumented Italian immigrants in the United States were deemed "enemy aliens" and detained, relocated, stripped of their property or placed under curfew. A couple hundred were even locked in internment camps.

It's not something most people know about.

"This story has legs because people are so stunned that this happened to the Italians," said writer Lawrence DiStasi of Bolinas, part of a group of Bay Area Italian Americans who have led a nationwide campaign to exhume this chapter of American history.

"And we want to educate our own people, too, not just the rest of the public," DiStasi said. "Because if you don't know what happened to you, then in a certain sense you don't know who you are."

The past year has been pivotal. After almost six decades of virtual silence, the issue has acquired a timeliness and sense of urgency - even more so since the Sept. 11 terrorist attack on the United States and subsequent backlash against people of Middle Eastern ancestry.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by wraith30

Did you happen to forget about the fact that the USSR saved our butts in WWII by defending Staligrad and preventing Hitler from havign a staging ground to attack from the east?

The USSR saved their own butts----they promised to leave Hitler alone while he mugged Poland and other countries to buy time for themselves, they soon found out that making deals with the devil has consequences.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
A SECRET HISTORY - The harassment of Italians during World War II has particular relevance today and serves as a warning of what could happen.

Al Bronzini's father lost his business and his mother lost her mind. Rose Scudero and her mother were exiled. Doris Giuliotti's father ended up in an internment camp. And Anita Perata's husband was held in a detention center and her house ransacked by the FBI.

They don't want reparations, apologies or pity. They simply want the history books rewritten to say that, almost 60 years ago, it was a crime to be Italian.

During World War II, 600,000 undocumented Italian immigrants in the United States were deemed "enemy aliens" and detained, relocated, stripped of their property or placed under curfew. A couple hundred were even locked in internment camps.

It's not something most people know about.

"This story has legs because people are so stunned that this happened to the Italians," said writer Lawrence DiStasi of Bolinas, part of a group of Bay Area Italian Americans who have led a nationwide campaign to exhume this chapter of American history.

"And we want to educate our own people, too, not just the rest of the public," DiStasi said. "Because if you don't know what happened to you, then in a certain sense you don't know who you are."

The past year has been pivotal. After almost six decades of virtual silence, the issue has acquired a timeliness and sense of urgency - even more so since the Sept. 11 terrorist attack on the United States and subsequent backlash against people of Middle Eastern ancestry.

I'm Italian but the fact is Italy, Germany and Japan declared war on America.

Although most Italians Germans and Japanese in America were not spies the few that were posed a real danger-----the stakes were high in WW2---the Axis powers were a real peril to all the countries in the world----America had to do what it had to do to win that war.

The war on terror is a serious one, more so because much of the world has no intention of doing anything about it-----if only Hitler had it so easy, the world would be a much different place today.

If America doesn't prevail the world will be a much different one in a few years.

By the looks of your posts you are probably counting on it.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
And through that whole tirade, you not once addressed any of the original questions posed to you. You claim to know the facts, yet you have nothing but opinion. Before you go on another little rant about what Liberals want, I suggest you do some research. You knowledge of Liberal Ideology is so far off the mark that it is making you look foolish. I'd suggest a reassesment of the original questions posed to you. If you can give a reasonable answer, you might have a leg to stand on. Well, at least a starting point any way. As it stands now, you just appear to be someone who doesnt really know what they are talking about.

Edit: And then sleeper logs out

[edit on 12/30/04 by Kidfinger]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join