It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inconsiderate Jerks REALLY Tick Me OFF!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Boy oh boy am I glad this Rant forum exist today! I am so ticked off right now I could

Me and several other people rent rooms in a ladies house. She is so sweet and really does not like to be cross with anyone.

Us renter's respect each other and our privacy for the most part.

However, she has a son, who along with his wife and their 3 children occupy the 3rd and top floor. The kid's are nice enough and the wife pretty much keeps to herself when she is not at work, but the son? What a piece of work he is.

This is the last straw on the proverbial camel's back, I have had it up to above the neck, you know like so far over my head my arms won't reach anymore

Aside from the fact they do not pay a single dime of rent, from what I've been told, he pays a couple of bills in exchange for taking an entire floor and let's see, he has a work vehicle, a family car(that leaks oil badly), 3 motorcycles and he thinks he can just turn off the lights whenever he feels like it, but this last thing really gets me boiling.

The lady who owns the house tells everyone when they move in what the rules are and while some get bent from time to time, the biggy to me was that nobody is ALLOWED to have any pets. Period. At least no dogs or cats. If we wanted a fish tank or a hamster or a lizard or a snake(in cages, of course), we could probably do so.

Now her son went and did the most selfish, obnoxious thing he could, he went and got an adorable puppy. Only he didn't ask her permission first, he just decided to surprise his kid's one day and there it was. The puppy is so cute and how can the lady tell him to get rid of it and be the monster to her grandkids?

She can't and she wouldn't. The problem is now compounded. The house is built in such a way that noise travels everywhere. So, since this puppy has been here and they don't keep it in the house all the time, me and everyone else have to hear the whimpering and the incessant barking that comes from being left alone on the patio when they are gone.

Okay, it is not the puppy's fault and I do not blame the puppy, but this jerk went over the line today.

The family went out for the day, the whole day and left this dog on the downstairs patio, where the laundry room is and where the trash is kept and get this, they did not leave this poor little puppy any food or water or even a little place with a blanket to lie down.

I work hard and study hard and sometimes I get a chance to take a nap during the day, but not today. Today, all I could hear was this poor little puppy yapping his little brains out, it was infuriating. I finally went to see where and why? That is when I figured out the poor thing was starving and thirsty, so I, ME, the one who doesn't own a pet was left to be the caretaker unwittingly.

I gave the puppy a huge bowl of water and since there is NOT supposed to be any dogs and the lady does not stock dog food and the moron selfish jerk son upstairs failed to do what he was supposed to do, I went in the fridge and took my sliced turkey meat and cut it up into little bitty pieces and put it in a bowl and watched the puppy attack it voraciously.

The puppy was satiated for the time being, but man, what a jerk son she has. How do you just leave the house for the entire day and not give a poor defenseless puppy some basic requirements? It just makes me want to punch the guy and knock some sense into him.

Well, I feel a little better. Thanks for the rant.

edit on 8-2-2015 by searcherfortruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

Why not just confront the guy and tell it straight.

"You left a defenceless animal to fend for itself in the outside elements with no water or food. That's animal abuse. How'd you like your taps turned off"?

Then, ratchet it up a notch and let him know that next time it will be videoed and sent to the relevant authorities. You said there's more than you in the house so it seems to me other people are complicit in this too. Maybe they all need a shake up?

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I would honestly call the local SPCA anonymously.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Glad you got that rant off your mind.

Now put your big boy pants on and do what you have to do to buy your own place and then you can be the boss.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
I would honestly call the local SPCA anonymously.

No! Do not do that. That could well be a death sentence for the pup.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikelkhall
Glad you got that rant off your mind.

Now put your big boy pants on and do what you have to do to buy your own place and then you can be the boss.

Are you saying that his housing choices are not valid and does not warrant him any respect from others living in the same building?

How is his home ownership status relevant to his landlord's son following the tenant rules? If he had his "own place", he'd still have neighbors and this could still happen.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

To me,you now have carte blanche for owning a pet.
If you want a cat or a dog...you now can.

Go and politely talk to your landlord about it.

i run a 50 unit apt building and have problems with this as well......its not the dogs....it is that the dogs are sweet and smarter than the owners who have no right owning a dog and can't train them to save their lives.

Vent away...I get it.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I am so glad to hear your rant! While I sympathize with your plight, It restores some faith in people here on ATS, who would likely tie up the pup in a bag and send it down the nearest river. You know who you are. And I KNOW who you are.

Back on topic. People love puppies. But don't realize they are very much like children. They are adorable and precious! They poop, sleep, and eat...with a bit of activity here and there.

I have 4 of them. Born on Memorial Day. I get up at 5am, or earlier, depending on them, and I go work, then home to tend to their needs until I fall into bed, exhausted.

I also have 3 adult dogs.

I made the commitment as a homeowner with my hubby's approval. I wouldn't have just brought home an animal of any kind unless it was discussed and agreed upon.

You should share your valid frustrations with your landlord. She sounds understanding and fair. Just be considerate as you speak and recommend rehoming her new tenants or the pup.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Yeah, go tell the landlord. You think you live in hell now? Wait until the son focuses his attention on you..

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

He would have a harder time after directly confronting the guy.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

They do not speak English. I have another tenant I am friendly with that does the translating for me, but even so, they are not always around.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

You are assuming without knowing, where I live there is no such place, I am not in America right now. I do not give out my location or much information, so do not ask where I am.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: mikelkhall

Thanks and you are also assuming facts not in evidence, one that I am a guy and wear pants for boys and 2 that I can readily change my living situation. As for being my own boss? If you mean that I can think for myself and do not take orders from anyone else, I am my own boss, but that doesn't mean I am the one that makes these decisions concerning the place I do rent from.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

I would take the puppy for my own before I did that or find a owner with some sense.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

You are correct in most of your assessment, however, I have never stated anywhere that I am a guy. Maybe me saying I want to punch the guy gave a false impression, what a girl can't punch a jerk? Anyway aside from that it amazes me how some people can just jump to conclusions about me and my situation.

I was very clear though what the situation entails was I not?

Thank you for coming to my defense though.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

Why would you try and put words in my mouth?

I never said anything about his housing choices being valid or invalid nor did I say anything about the landowners son.

Wow, I have heard about reading between the lines. lol

Once again I simply stated that if he is not happy where he is staying that he should do whatever it takes to place himself in a position to buy his own home where he gets to make the rules.

As far as him having neighbors and this still happening I don't understand how. Is a neighbors son going to tell him that he can't own pets or force him to feed and water his (neighbors sons) dogs? If so he needs to put those big boy pants on again and tell the neighbor or his son to mind his own damn business.

I own my home and have 2 inside dogs and 4 outside dogs. I love my animals and take care of them. If I see a neighbor mistreat an animal I call the appropriate authority. When my neighbor sells dope I call the appropriate authority. lol

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Really, talking to her about it would just cause more hard feelings than it is worth, but I will make sure the renter I am friendly with voices my displeasure to her son.

Personally, I am a fish and cat type, fish in a bowl, cat going nuts trying to get at said fish, but I have no inclination to force that issue.

I am going to get some dog food to have for emergencies and I am going to make sure I keep a spare blanket handy.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

You are so right, they need attention and basic necessities just like babies and children do. I am in a foreign country and certain cultures approach things a different way.

I am happy to know you are a responsible pet owner/lover.

Thank you for your support on this matter.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I think it is admirable that you fed and watered the dog. Unfortunately, in your housing situation, who do you think the landlord is going to take up for? You or her son?

That is why I said for you to put your "big boy" pants on and do whatever it takes to place yourself in a situation where you can own your own place and be the boss (king or queen) of your own castle.

Put your big boy pants on is an expression meaning to quit crying about a situation and do something about it.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: mikelkhall

Gee, really? Funny how your next post became so defensive in nature. An apology would be more in order.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join