It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Conservatism a Mental Illness?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
a reply to: introvert

unintelligent and mentally compromised people being attracted to extreme right wing ideology.

WOW,

I'm offended that people so loosely throw around the term mental illness, many good people suffer from mental illness.

Conservatives and liberals.

I agree. But why has that faction of the right become the norm for the party?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

What kind of government is it that locks up people in insane asylums because they don't believe in that type of government?

I forget.

(it must be my meds)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: Stormdancer777

He's saying that if we embrace an ideology he doesn't agree with, then we are calling ourselves insane.

That's not what I am saying and you are purposefully putting words in my mouth.

You could at least be honest in the discussion.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I wouldn't know, as we don't really have any insane asylums anymore.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
This Thread is MADE of Hyperbole.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

What kind of government is it that locks up people in insane asylums because they don't believe in that type of government?

I forget.

(it must be my meds)

And you're free to believe anything you want -- as long as your not a violent threat to yourself or others. No one is going to lock you up in America because you have dissenting political beliefs.

Now, if those political beliefs lead to radical action -- say a violent action, you then have placed yourself on the radar of the authorities.

I really like this quote and I think I ought to use it more often:

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent" - Isaac Asimov

link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

I wouldn't know, as we don't really have any insane asylums anymore.

What kind of government, in any country, locks up people in insane asylums for not supporting that specific type of government?

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Remember, this is the same person who said that attending a KKK rally doesn't make one racist in an attempt to defend Margaret Sanger.

He will and can contort himself all over the place.

The premise of that argument is disingenuous. Just because someone was at a particular place during a meeting or rally does not mean they subscribe to that particular belief.

I attended both TP rallies and OWS rallies. That does not mean I believed in either cause.

That was the point I was making.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I know, currently, in America, I'm not yet in any danger for not blindly obeying the dictates of the government.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
If I am not mistaken Sanger did not just attend she was a speaker there.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I forget.

(it must be my meds)

And you're free to believe anything you want -- as long as your not a violent threat to yourself or others. No one is going to lock you up in America because you have dissenting political beliefs.

Now, if those political beliefs lead to radical action -- say a violent action, you then have placed yourself on the radar of the authorities.

Salvor Hardin...one of my favorite quotes.

Unfortunately there are a lot of angry
incompetent people out there.

Kev

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Punisher75
If I am not mistaken Sanger did not just attend she was a speaker there.

Yes she did. She spoke to the womens group of the KKK about woman's health and reproductive garbage.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Laughable.

If I were a dentist, you would not raise an eyebrow if I went to teach on the value of toothpaste to a group of male jihadist if I did not have some affinity to their thoughts?

Really?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Laughable.

If I were a dentist, you would not raise an eyebrow if I went to teach on the value of toothpaste to a group of male jihadist if I did not have some affinity to their thoughts?

Really?

4 out of 5 ISIS members prefer Crest.

Just sayin'

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Laughable.

Really?

Who cares? Sanger and what she did 70 or 80 years ago has nothing to do with the topic of discussion. Ketsuko threw that in to the thread in an attempt to discredit me and derail the discussion.

If you want to talk about Sanger or Planned Parenthood, go pick one of the many threads available and have at it.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I forget.

(it must be my meds)

Have you ever watched the mini-series form the '80s? V? Remember all those violent scientists?

Think that can't be done here in this day and age? Think people like a certain poster who already thinks all the mentally unstable folks in the country hold conservative views wouldn't buy it in a heartbeat and march right along with that narrative without thinking too hard about it?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Laughable.

Really?

Just don't go killing any lions.
Ok?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
LOL
Well it is absurd on the face of it, if she were opposed to the ideology but was worried that the women in the Klan did not know about women's health, she could have just sent them a pamphlet.
Thats off the top right?

So now lets look a bit deeper into it.

Sanger as almost anyone will tell you was pretty left of center as it were, when talking about Religion, and marital values etc etc.
The Klan on the other hand rightly or wrongly claimed to be a good Christian Group. As a matter of fact they even tried to use the Bible to justify their prejudice.

Why in the world would the KKK a supposed Christian secret society ask Sanger to come speak for them about ANYTHING AT ALL? the ONLY thing they had in common was eugenics.

If Women's Health was the true issue that she was speaking on, there were plenty of racists Doctors who agreed with the Klan they could have called.

Why not call them?
Simple the issue had less to do with women's health and more to do with why eugenics was important to them.

The very fact that people refuse to accept this about Sanger is beyond me, even if someone was a non racists, pro-choice supporter.

It was like 1933 or something, the odds of her NOT being racist were pretty slim, because almost everyone was racists.

edit on 3-8-2015 by Punisher75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
You care apparently.
You were the one saying she was just happened to be at a certain place at a certain time. Then you went on to say... well its all about women's health. when it was mentioned no she was a speaker. LOL

All I did was make note that she was not just some passerby, who happened to be in the area.
edit on 3-8-2015 by Punisher75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I think we've got a lot of mental defiency on all ends of the political spectrum. Wish he had shown a few smart people like he has done in other videos he has made, but maybe he couldn't find any?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join