It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Conservatism a Mental Illness?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

My point is that Islam is against homosexuality. Yet Democrats support gays. I know its hard to comprehend the conflict of interest, but hey you tried.

As far as equality under the law, pretty much everyone is equal in their eyes... unless your white and christian.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Semicollegiate

Come now, you were mistaken, and a bit over zealous in giving another member crap about being "historical."

Surely you can take a small bit of your own medicine back, eh?

You were talking about income taxes in the United States of America. That first started in 1861 not 1913.

I still don't know who comprises "the Left" you keep talking about, but I can say that the Constitution is the real source of centralized Federal power in the United States, not President Lincoln, unlike what arm-chair historians like to imply.

As much as I despise the copypasta method of communication, you said this:

You really don't see the difference between a precedent of claiming all wealth as at the disposal of the normal peacetime government and a wartime emergency confiscation?

I wanted to quote you to insure that I didn't misread what you said. Sadly, I didn't.

First of all, income tax is not "claiming all wealth as at the disposal of the normal peacetime government," and second of all, I've never said anything like your comment nor implied anything like it.

Are you saying that you don't believe that the Constitution provides the power to tax to the Congress?

Might want to see the US Constitution, Article 1, Section 8.

I meant "original" in the sense of the first permutation of our current income tax, not that it was the first ever income tax. The first government surely charged the first income tax. Protection money most likely.

The Left is the people who believe that the government can solve any problem, and nothing is beyond governmental interference. The Left in truth deserves the title of the Right because the Left has been exerting power for over 100 years without a rollback. Varieties of the Left have been in power in the US since WW1 or 1913 and the Left is the Establishment in banking, politics, bureaucracy, and academia.

The tax rate is less than 100% true enough. But the claim to any of the income in the first place is based on the assumption that the government can take whatever it wants to. Which, need I remind you, is opposite to the spirit and intention of 1776. As are the Lefties in control today.

Taxes are to be apportioned to the States. The States decide how to collect it. Apportionment prevented unequal taxation
and generally required declaring the specific item the tax was to pay for.

Article 1, Section 3, Clause 3. Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers,

www.shmoop.com...

The income tax is a Lefty thing.

edit on 4-8-2015 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-8-2015 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Liberalism is a mental disorder.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: pyramid head

Very well, but I'd like for you to comment on the rest of my post. Even if what you say is true, the direction your argument takes is illogical.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeoStarchild

My point is that Islam is against homosexuality. Yet Democrats support gays. I know its hard to comprehend the conflict of interest, but hey you tried.

As far as equality under the law, pretty much everyone is equal in their eyes... unless your white and christian.

Thank you for proving the point of my thread.

Ah, yes, guess I forgot that sanity is adamantly sticking to your beliefs and opinions regardless of consequence, reality, or popular (majority) opinion and insanity is supporting equal rights even if you *might* disagree with the opinion or belief system of those you're supporting.

Very faulty logic you have.

edit on 4-8-2015 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

The majority of the country is mentally ill. For Democrats to pander to both sides proves that they just milk votes. I worry about the condition of the country for simple things like that to not be noticed by such 'elevated' peoples like yourself.

I am a Christian, however I do not bible thump. Ill pray for you, in hopes that you will someday open your eyes.

On a side bar: Your avatar has me confused with your ideology. You can't have it both ways..

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Ah, yes, guess I forgot that sanity is adamantly sticking to your beliefs and opinions regardless of consequence, reality, or popular (majority) opinion and insanity is supporting equal rights even if you *might* disagree with the opinion or belief system of those you're supporting.

Sanity is majority opinion?

Lefties are sloppy pseudo thinkers.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Its funny because his attitude toward someone who disagrees is never the other way around.

Tolerance..

I forever maintain my stance here: ATS- Ignorance in denial.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Semicollegiate

I never said majority opinion in itself was sanity; but when the majority is about EQUAL RIGHTS UNDER LAW, then yes.

Don't put words in my mouth and twist things around.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I think you missed the point of what they posted. Re-read it.

Their point was actually the opposite of how you interpreted it.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Its funny because his attitude toward someone who disagrees is never the other way around.

Tolerance..

I forever maintain my stance here: ATS- Ignorance in denial.

Are you talking about me?

You seem to know me so very well, how's that?

And yet you fail to realize that I am all for tolerance, but I admit I am not tolerant of intolerance.

Belief is fine. Acting on fringe, off the wall belief or opinion that seeks to restrict or limit others' freedom or equality under law is what I have a problem with.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I never majority opinion in itself was sanity; but when the majority is about EQUAL RIGHTS UNDER LAW, then yes.

Majority opinion in particular is used to justify anything in a Democracy. You associate "consequence, reality and majority opinion" as if they are all equal in importance. Majority opinion is no where near as fundamentally correct and true as reality or consequence.

Freudian slip.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I never majority opinion in itself was sanity; but when the majority is about EQUAL RIGHTS UNDER LAW, then yes.

Majority opinion in particular is used to justify anything in a Democracy. You associate "consequence, reality and majority opinion" as if they are all equal in importance. Majority opinion is no where near as fundamentally correct and true as reality or consequence.

Freudian slip.

Yes majority opinion is used to justify many things, BUT has been used to deny black and women the right to vote, and gays the right to marry; that's doesn't make majority opinion right because that majority opinion is not about equal rights in those cases. When equal rights ARE concerned, and when majority opinion supports that, anything against that opinion does not reflect reality, the consequences are negative and real for the people being denied (and one might argue also negative for society as a whole); therefore, majority opinion is just as fundamentally correct.

No, it's not a Freudian slip. They're three separate things in reflection of my point about majority opinion regarding equal rights.

The point is equal rights under law, but people seem to keep purposefully ignoring THAT part and convoluting the issue.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

What I love is how you guys tend to make yourselves the automatic champions and the morally upright ones and then paint your policies as THE only way to be pro-this, that, or the other.

And how do "you tend to make yourself"?

"I just LOVE how you make yourselves the automatic ____________________"

Then you paint anything and everything that isn't your policy as anti and perfectly diametrically opposed which then let's you paint the "Other" as evil and bad.

How do you paint your own policies?

What are your suggestions?
I don't see many suggestions coming from the "right-wing." (The Bible and Donald Trump aside)

Can you present some?

edit on 8/4/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

Yeah, I know. Well, I was out of this mudpit for 22 hours, anyway.

edit on 8/4/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I believe in states rights... and small government. If bibles are to be kept out of school, which by law they are not allowed.. then no religion should be taught in schools unless its a Religious institute.

I believe in a balanced budget, and tax dollars should not go to illegals (welfare,food stamps etc..) Secure border, and for now a closed border..

Simplify the tax code, get rid of the strangle of regulations, get rid of the IMF, get rid of electronic-early-and dual citizenship voting..

Term limits

Just a few things that come to mind. If that makes me 'ill' than im okay with that.

**edit: And throw tax cheats like Al Sharpton in jail.. Should also start cleaning house of the traitors in our congress and other branches. We all know what the Constitution reads.. we all know what can and can't be done .. lets be honest..

edit on 4-8-2015 by LeoStarchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: LeoStarchild

States' rights are good, but they should not be allowed the right to discriminate.

Religion isn't and shouldn't be taught in public schools as a way of condoning the belief. Religion can be taught historically but not as an endorsement.

Balanced budgets are good. Who squandered the last surplus we had? As far as illegals, you know that "illegals" pay into the tax system (unless they're paid under the table), and they contribute A LOT. And since they're illegal, they can't claim the benefits...because they're illegal.

Term limits? Agreed. Totally.

Lax regulations practically created the last crisis or two we had! That's the problem.

Tax cheats, why mention Sharpton specifically, why not mention the other politicians (republicans included) that do the same?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Last time I checked it was 2015 and not the 50s. There are isolated incidents of discrimination, and it goes both ways.

Here is an article in the washington times that talks about how illegals will get tax refunds.
Washington Times March 2, 2015

Benefits - Washington Times January 15, 2015

I only mentioned Sharpton because he was the first to come to mind, and of course because he is well.. still free, and has a terrible show in MSNBC.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: LeoStarchild

Yes, it is 2015, and discrimination has taken new forms. If you think discrimination against gays is isolated you're delusional.

Perhaps you should check additional sources. Some will get refunds, yes. I wonder why....

Snopes

Study finds illegal immigrants pay $11.8B in taxes

Just google it.

Of course Sharpton is the first to come to your mind, because he's the first one the right uses..

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Sharpton: A cheat is a cheat.. so yea.

I don't believe illegals pay that much...why would they? And I wasn't referring to gays, I was referring to white v black. In the same token: Gays will try to destroy a company who doesn't wish to serve them based on belief. The action of them trying to destroy is in my eyes the first stone.. when they can just walk on to another business.

Gotta leave for now

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I wish I could give you applause.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join