It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Conservatism a Mental Illness?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

So an aspect of an ideology is considered crazy, insane.

I see that you're going to continue to play that game, huh? That's fine. You and I both know why your doing it and I find it dishonest.

What, pray tell, does a concerned, caring society do with those who "suffer under the onus" of mental illness?

Nothing. We let them be free to believe whatever nonsense they believe. But at the same time we point out their lunacy when they try to shove their beliefs down our throats.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Punisher75

Okay, so MSNBC is unbiased?
Media Matters and their conglomerate is not biased?
YT is not Biased?

Biased, of course. Purposely lying and spreading false information because they have an audience that relies on it?

No. You cannot compare the two. Bias is one thing, propaganda is another.

I will see your Donald Trump and raise you one Elizabeth "I am an American Indian" Warren.

Is Warren the leading Democrat for prez? No, she's not.

The main reason you see 90% of the support for trump is because he is shoved in the face of so many people on T.V.

No, the reason he has the support is because a lot of people agree with his nutbag statements.

In my opinion, those who are supporting Trump are not Crazy they are simply fooled.

That could be, but they also believe some crazy stuff as well. These are the birth certificate, "Obama is coming for our guns", "gonna put us in FEMA camps" type of people.

I would remind you that Donald Trump, "Crazy as he is" has given more money to Democrats over the years than he has Republicans.

And yet he is still the favorite for the Republicans? Thanks for bringing up that point. It reinforces my assertion.

So you tell me is Ol' Don Crazy because he is a Republican or because he gives more Money to the Democrat Party?

I don't think Trump is crazy. I think he knows how to get support from this group of people because all it takes is rhetoric and buzzwords to get them going.

He's playing the nutbags for all it's worth and it's working.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence
Its a crazy world in which we live. We're all living in it. So what does that make us?
I often wonder.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

So to be sure we are in agreement....

1.) Telling a half truth by the right wing would be less moral than telling a half truth by the left wing? One is just Biased and Cherry Picking, the other is Cherry Picking and Propaganda?
Words Mean things lets take a look huh?

prop·a·gan·da
ˌpräpəˈɡandə/
noun
noun: propaganda; noun: Propaganda
derogatory
information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view.

How is being Biased by the left anything less than the Propaganda on the right?

2.) Is Warren the Front Runner?
Nope She sure ain't however her position in the rankings does not make Sanders ideas anymore sane by virtue of numbers.
To put it in a way that you might understand.
Was Nazi Germany Sane?
Why not?
Most everyone in Nazi Germany loved their leader yes?
I will tell you why, because the numbers of people who agree with something says nothing about its claim to sanity nor its truth claim.

3.) And many who will vote for Sanders thinks that Jenine was right on her appearance on the Olberman Show, however I don't feel comfortable claiming they are all nuts, just fooled.

4.) The Assertion they are fooled? If thats the case then yes I would agree... however that was my assurtion not your own. If you think for a second that Trump goes around telling people that he gives huge chunks of cash to their political opponents you would be mistaken.

5.) Ahh the generalizing insults. Stay Classy. Because we all know the left are never fooled, or suckered in by some random idiot *cough* Warren* Cough.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
You know sense you agree that Warren is a bit off, I cannot help but wonder what you think of this article.
www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Telling a half truth by the right wing would be less moral than telling a half truth by the left wing? One is just Biased and Cherry Picking, the other is Cherry Picking and Propaganda?

Morality has nothing to do with it. I'm talking about the vast intent and scale of the vast right wing propaganda machine. Does the Left lie and have a bias, of course. Can you compare the propaganda of the Left to that of the Right?

Not even in the same universe. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to notice the big difference between the two.

Nope She sure ain't however her position in the rankings does not make Sanders ideas anymore sane by virtue of numbers.

That makes no sense in context to what I said.

Most everyone in Nazi Germany loved their leader yes?
I will tell you why, because the numbers of people who agree with something says nothing about its claim to sanity nor its truth claim.

Bad comparison for you, but good for me as it illustrates my point quite well. The people of Nazi Germany were taken in by the propaganda that was spread by the party to consolidate support for their agenda.

Some of the techniques used by the Nazis are used by the Right Wing today. Appeal to love of country (ultranationalism), patriotism, invoking the name of God, appealing to Christian faith and many more.

The Left does not do that.

Thanks for bringing that up.

And many who will vote for Sanders thinks that Jenine was right on her appearance on the Olberman Show, however I don't feel comfortable claiming they are all nuts, just fooled.

I didn't say they were all nuts.

Ahh the generalizing insults. Stay Classy. Because we all know the left are never fooled, or suckered in by some random idiot *cough* Warren* Cough.

I never said people on the Left were never fooled. You can call it an insult but it's the truth. I notice that you didn't dispute my claim, yet just resorted to the obligatory "the Left does it too" retort.

There is no point in debating if you have not paid attention and notice the hug difference between the propaganda of the Left and that of the Right.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Punisher75
You know sense you agree that Warren is a bit off, I cannot help but wonder what you think of this article.
www.bloomberg.com...

I don't know why you keep talking about Warren? She has nothing to do with the OP and I'm curios to know what about that article do you find interesting?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

So lets boil it down.

The right is evil and full of insane people, and the left is innocent and full of bright, intelligent, wonderful people?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

So lets boil it down.

The right is evil and full of insane people, and the left is innocent and full of bright, intelligent, wonderful people?

not in my opinion, they're a different type of wacko. The left are nice and will stab you in the back the right is loud and obnoxious and will stab you in the heart.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: beezzer

So lets boil it down.

not in my opinion, they're a different type of wacko. The left are nice and will stab you in the back the right is loud and obnoxious and will stab you in the heart.

But the left and right will always compromise on the knife manufacturer.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Am I the only one who watched FyreByrd's video?

Here it is again. Not even 20 minutes. I encourage you all to watch it before you post again.

Our brains are wired differently.
Some of us are drawn to change and future and possibilities. Others of us are uncomfortable with change or thinking or imagining what else to do besides what they've always done (even if it is clearly not working).

Just saying. It's a comfort zone thing. One group gets bored with the status quo and wants to make progress toward a more advanced goal....the other group gets terrified, indignant, panicky, angry, and super-pushy.

(Watch it, and thanks to FyreByrd for the link.)

edit on 8/3/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I disagree with that completely.

Again, emotional victim card.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Some of us are drawn to change and future and possibilities. Others of us are uncomfortable with change or thinking or imagining what else to do besides what they've always done (even if it is clearly not working).

Just saying. It's a comfort zone thing. One group gets bored with the status quo and wants to make progress toward a more advanced goal....the other group gets terrified, indignant, panicky, angry, and super-pushy.

Agreed. That's why anyone who would truly change things is strongly vilified. So we keep electing "liberals" and "conservatives" hoping that they will change things, when deep down we know they are both lying to us. We are afraid to change, so we keep voting for what we hope is the lesser of two evils, then we blame the "other side" when evil marches on unimpeded.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

1.) We will have to disagree about the extent of the Propaganda, that is for certain, I don't see a whole lot of Conservative value pushing on my TV. But apparently you do? Really? You see that huh? I see alot of pushing of leftist ideas and agendas I see MSNBC I see CNN pretend to be unbiased and I see Fox News filled with alot of Neo-Cons.

2.) Oh but the left does in fact do that. I don't think anyone would deny Communist Russia's HUGE propaganda Machine would they? How about Communist China? Communist North Korea?
Naw it would never happen. LOL

3.) The point of the arguemt is this, If you read the Article, you will notice that the positions of Crazy I am an Indian Warren are the Same positions of Sanders.
So the Question I would ask you is this.
Is Sanders Crazy as well?
If not what makes Warren Nuts and Not Sanders?

4.) You are right you did not say all you said Most.

5.) I did not bother to answer the claim a second time you are correct.
However I do not see anything that can be gained when your mindset is such that you think adding generalizing insults will somehow add to the truth of your claims. I will only say that omission of the facts when giving a viewpoint is in fact propaganda. Propaganda which you just created.

Pro Tip: When wishing not to put out propaganda, it is wise to "report" on both sides failings. Claiming that the Right Wing is fooled but not making an honest note that the same is true for the left wing, especially considering the topic being discussed is in fact propaganda.
edit on 3-8-2015 by Punisher75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

I disagree with that completely.

Again, emotional victim card.

Why the name calling?

Sure, I exaggerate, but really, how much?

You all are nuts, but not "lock you up and throw away the key" nuts, more like, "lets laugh at them for a while, they're funny" type of nuts.

You on the left would be happy if we were all gone.

Now THATS scary.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Conservatives earn their college degrees the old fashioned way.

They *EARN* it

That's harder than others who cheat their ways' in and out of the system.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

To be honest, I'm tired of responding. You're posts are hard to read and are all over the place.

Commies and Warren and Sanders....oh my.

You overall argument is "ya, well the left does it too" and the only thing I can do, since it takes quite a bit of observation to recognize the difference in quality and quantity, is that that is not the case by a long shot.

Oh well.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Why the name calling?

I didn't call you any name.

You on the left would be happy if we were all gone.

Now THATS scary.

Is that a "ha-ha" exaggeration, or is it playing the "they're going to come for us" victim card again? I can't tell.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I don't want people on the right "gone," but I don't like people being so far out of touch that they're falling off the edge...on BOTH sides.

The problem I have is people making policies and laws about things simply because they disagree with it but that doesn't directly affect them. I DON'T like the fact that a person is required (forced or have to pay a fine) to have health insurance, and I never did. I also don't like people dictating that I can't buy alcohol on Sunday in a grocery store (luckily that is changing), and that If I want to smoke a natural plant...People are so adamant against what other people do when it doesn't affect them that it's sickening.

(The following are not directed at "you" Beezzer, but a collective "you")
How does gay marriage negatively affect you personally?
How does abortion negatively affect you personally?
How does people having the right to contraception or healthcare negatively affect you personally?
How does equality under law negatively affect you personally?

They don't. It boils down to "we disagree with this so we don't want you to be able to do it even though it doesn't affect me."

As I see it, the right is far more guilty about some of those things than the left, even though the left does try (and sometimes succeed) in instilling their will—even though that will seems to be about expanding equality and social protections and not taking it away.
edit on 3-8-2015 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I reject the whole premise, based on what we see in the real world.

Explain why Conservatives are more likely to start a bushiness, if they are scared of change and don't look to the future?
There is little more uncertain than taking the risk to start your own business.
www.americanexpress.com...

I don't understand why if Conservatives are inherently more fearful of change, why our founders would have left England to start a not just a new job or small business but to stand up to the might of the British Military to start a new Nation.
Sounds pretty risky to me.

Why did those conservative puritans risk it all to come to the U.S. for the sake of their religious freedom if not to look forward to the future, one in which they avoid persecution?

In short do not make the mistake of thinking that if someone doesn't change something its because they are scared.
Maybe they happen to just disagree with what the end result would be.
That might be more fair.

After all why don't the Left go and reinvent the wheel?
Because they are scared? Of course not. Because it serves its purpose well enough for now.

Does that mean that the political system is not messed up?
Nope.
However just because something is not working properly at the moment does not mean you scrap the whole thing. If your distributor cap screwed up you don't replace the car you replace the distributor cap.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join