It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monday: White House Set To Adopt Sweeping Curbs On Carbon Pollution

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yes, is true is been road blocks to this agenda, but. . .

2007 supreme court ruling on pollution will be used to push the carbon anti-pollution legislation, as a green gas that is how they are planning to go around of those that oppose

And while the government like to lie that is going to save money we all know where is going, but the truth will be known this is been pushed before December, Paris climate conference, where the globalist will be salivating and drooling on how much money they are going to make with the global warming agenda and how fast they can implement it, as usual the US wants to be the leader of the world

Now how much can you save like the government tells, in what? 30 years?

Well Think about it, The US already have a budget of $8.4bn. toward this agenda, so guess where the money is coming from.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Glinda
a reply to: rickymouse

Whose side are they on?!?

Well (Glinda waves her hand furiously!!! "Call on me! Call on me!")

How about the side of deep pocketed, "progressive" candidate donors, who receive (ie, recycle) government largesse (think the failed Solyndra, LightSquare, etc) BACK to the politicians who gave them the initial "greenie grants" (minus some working capital--CEOs gotta live too!)

Now, upthread redesigned, Eco-friendly, non productive dishwashers was mentioned. What is a better analogy to keeping the "uppity" little people in line. Dishwashers? For the hoi polloi? Who do they think they are? Instead of progressing forward for MORE to be financially able to purchase appliances they make life easier for all, let's make them functionally disappointing except for the very top of the line that are made unaffordable for all but the top earners.

Small example, but all part of a bigger picture of pounding a historically large middle class down to the lower financial class. The larger and more successful the "middle" is, the less big government is needed to "aide" a decreasing lower class.

Most of the Eco-friendly stuff they are pushing is far from Eco-friendly. It seems they are more interested in boosting the economy and creating jobs instead of actually saving the earth. The corn gas is not Eco-friendly. The wood pellets they are making are not eco-friendly, they are taking every last scrap from the woods and chipping it up lowering the food for the trees to regrow. The Eco friendly remodeling on homes is far from Eco-friendly yet people think the hundred grand they are spending is actually helping the environment. Building solar panels that cause the destruction of the land that these minerals lie in and the process of building them is not Eco-friendly and they don't last many years. It is all about boosting the economic growth.

People are so blind. If you re-purpose or fix up something it is more Eco-friendly than sending it to the scrapyard to be melted down and recycled into something that will not last very long. Buying things at rummage sales is better on the environment than buying new.

People nowadays are so blind. Not wasting electricity is a lot more Eco-friendly than buying new Eco-friendly things. The old fridges from the fifties hardly ever ran and they used way less juice than new fridges. The fridges of the fifties were designed to last for thirty years too.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Good post Xuenchen. Don't let Mr. Grumpy pants get you down.

We all know Obama is trying to make energy more expensive and turn the US into a 3rd world country. Electricity needs to be affordable to all or is he trying to make it something only rich people can afford? Once again we see Obama attacking the middle class with draconian policies.

Phage is not being grumpy. I may not always agree with his occasionally abrasive style, but I have no doubt that his information is always correct and the work behind it has been done.

Xen, on the other hand falls prey to sensationalism too often.

And if you are proven wrong, or corrected, the OP should be edited. Unless of course, one is only trying to be inflammatory/sensationalist and/or fishing for starts and flags.

edit on 3-8-2015 by Kharron because: typo

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

I followed the instructions.

I edited.

And accepted a carbon credit debit.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Wonder if they will curb the emissions on all the diesel engines on those wind mills.........

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

I followed the instructions.

I edited.

And accepted a carbon credit debit.

Yes, I see the 'nitpick clarification'.

Splendid.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Glad you are happy.

Now, on to the issues with CO2.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Good post Xuenchen. Don't let Mr. Grumpy pants get you down.

We all know Obama is trying to make energy more expensive and turn the US into a 3rd world country. Electricity needs to be affordable to all or is he trying to make it something only rich people can afford? Once again we see Obama attacking the middle class with draconian policies.

Easy to do. Replace our coal plants with geothermal. We have the geothermal reserves to supply 1/3 of US electricity with it compared to the 40% we currently supply with coal. Geothermal is also less expensive than coal and has a far lower deathprint.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: xuenchen
No regulations there, just proposals. Proposals are not regulations.
Some of which will undoubtedly be incorporated into actual regulations.

Well, it's all the same # nowadays. All the procedures are just formalities. If the POTUS comes on TV and says "Look, we're doing this" it's done.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join