It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monday: White House Set To Adopt Sweeping Curbs On Carbon Pollution

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Obama will be "announcing" more strict emissions regulations through the EPA on Monday.

This is mostly aimed at the coal industry and electric power plants that burn coal.

Apparently the "regulation proposal package" published last year were not good enough, or those were just the "warm-up" feet wetting.

Get ready to pay big money for power real soon.

Maybe this is all "hot air", but I don't think so.

Obama and TPTB are forming new social guidelines.

Monday: White House Set To Adopt Sweeping Curbs On Carbon Pollution

The Obama administration will formally adopt an ambitious regulation for cutting greenhouse-gas pollution on Monday, requiring every state to reduce emissions from coal-burning power plants and putting the country on a course that could change the way millions of Americans get their electricity.

A retooled version of the administration’s Clean Power Plan, first proposed a year ago, will seek to accelerate the shift to renewable energy while setting tougher goals for slashing carbon emissions blamed for global warming, according to administration officials briefed on the details.

The new plan sets a goal of cutting carbon pollution from power plants by 32 percent by the year 2030, compared with 2005 levels — a 9 percent jump from the previous target of 30 percent — while rewarding states and utility companies that move quickly to expand their investment in solar and wind power.

2nd, more focused biased opinion: ...

Obama To Unveil New Environmental Regulations Monday That Will Shut Down Hundreds Of Coal Plants

Obama's Plan to FORCE You to Pay More for Electricity... and it's WORKING!

In 2007 when Obama was running for the White House he told the San Francisco Chronicle that his energy policy would "necessarily" cause the price for the power for your home to "skyrocket." Now, three years into his term, we are seeing that he MEANT what he said!

Burp

edit on Aug-02-2015 by xuenchen because: nitpick clarification

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Apparently the regulation package published last year were not good enough, or those were just the "warm-up" feet wetting.
Which regulation package would that be?

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
No regulations there, just proposals. Proposals are not regulations.
Some of which will undoubtedly be incorporated into actual regulations.

edit on 8/2/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
No regulations there, just proposals. Proposals are not regulations.
Some of which will undoubtedly be incorporated into actual regulations.

Excellent observation !!

I stand corrected.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I stand corrected.

Sure you do.
Going to edit your post?

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I stand corrected.

Sure you do.
Going to edit your post?

Now I owe 10 carbon credits.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Dont worry, if you like your dishwasher, you can keep your dishwasher.

And you better keep the one you have! The new ones will not even clean
your dishes according to the engineers. Yeah, what do they know!??

Companies that make dishwashers are warning that the Obama administration’s latest efficiency standards for their industry would backfire.

The Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers is accusing the Department of Energy (DOE) of a politically motivated drive to increase dishwasher efficiency standards, which are so bad that they would cause consumers to re-wash dishes, erasing any efficiency gains

....McAver brought DOE officials to his office recently to show them the results and released photos of it publicly this week

thehill.com...

Wash your dishes twice, first by hand!? No water or energy savings there.

I cry foul on this one, its Cloward Piven in the kitchen. Stay out of my kitchen!
Boooo.....hissss

Appliance industry warns federal dishwasher regs would lead to dirty dishes

edit on 2-8-2015 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Jade Helm!!!

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Jade Helm!!!

That will happen during the enforcement phase.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Tell me, are carbon credits part of the White House program?
I'm sure you've studied it carefully enough to say so.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Tell me, are carbon credits part of the White House program?
I'm sure you've studied it carefully enough to say so.

Don't know.

The announcement is tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Don't know.

Yeah. I figured.
Standard xuenchen MO, then.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Here's a successful move to solar...

www.poconoraceway.com...

They have two Top level Nascar weekends a year, that are fully run by solar, the rest of the year their solar farm feeds the grid..

From a segment prior to the race to today, the representative said their investment to build the 25 acre solar farm was 16 million...

Sure it will take time to recoup their investment, but, as of now, they run their races "off grid" and supply their local grid the rest of the year...

we need more of these kind of stories, and just think, if that half a billion to solyndra was allocated to the folks, how many homes today would be reducing that footprint a lot of folks in DC want to put a price on?

Let's get real, it can be done, it's being done yet some folks want to hold onto it until they can make money...

I thought we were trying to help the planet?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Good post Xuenchen. Don't let Mr. Grumpy pants get you down.

We all know Obama is trying to make energy more expensive and turn the US into a 3rd world country. Electricity needs to be affordable to all or is he trying to make it something only rich people can afford? Once again we see Obama attacking the middle class with draconian policies.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Threads like this are so depressing.

"Get off my lawn!" *aims shotgun*
"Liberal Nazi!"
"I predict that all of this will fail and it's stupid, coz I is a Conservative and want to be angry!!!!!"

How dare the current government do anything to move things forward, do they think they have a responsibility to do what's right for the country or something?!

The response is basically "do nothing", as if that's in any way reasonable or rational.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Thats kinda funny you say that guess where I work?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Doing something is great when it doesn't hurt regular Americans. Greatly increasing the costs of electricity isn't progress...it is regressive.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

Threads like this are so depressing.

"Get off my lawn!" *aims shotgun*
"Liberal Nazi!"
"I predict that all of this will fail and it's stupid, coz I is a Conservative and want to be angry!!!!!"

How dare the current government do anything to move things forward, do they think they have a responsibility to do what's right for the country or something?!

The response is basically "do nothing", as if that's in any way reasonable or rational.

Can I send my electricity bill to you? And possibly my gas bill?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   
It had to be over three years ago I heard the utility bills would first double then triple within the next 10 years... I guess whoever said that had their crystal ball polished to a fine hone. I honestly do not know how some people are making it with the medical monthly charges and just the cost of living in general?

I do know this, when they put a smart meter on my stateside house the electric bill doubled when we were out of country.... Went from 39 a month to $81 ...

Glad I sold and do not have to put up with anymore smart meters rip-offs.
edit on 3-8-2015 by 727Sky because: ..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join