It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Is liberalism really a mental disorder?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:19 AM
Well, you could make the case that conservatism is a "mental disorder as well:

In his award-winning 2005 book, Dr. James Whitney Hicks discusses 50 signs of mental illness (link is external) including denial, delusion, hallucination, disordered thinking, anger, anti-social behavior, sexual preoccupation, grandiosity, general oddness, and paranoia. Now I'm no clinician, but in my (admittedly biased brown) eyes it seems that prominent Republicans have evidenced each of these ten telltale signs of mental illness over the past year:

1) Denial: humans did not evolve (link is external); Obama is not a native-born American Christian (link is external)

2) Delusion: climate is not changing (link is external)

3) Hallucination: God ordained me to be President (link is external)

4) Disordered Thinking: being for small government that's huge in the bedroom (link is external); being anti-contraception and anti-abortion (link is external)

5) Anger: Newt Gingrich’s perpetual scowl (link is external)

6) Anti-social Behavior: toward women (link is external), gays (link is external), minorities, anyone without an umbilical cord or trust fund

7) Sexual Preoccupation: a fervent compulsion to control when we can mate, with whom we can mate, and precisely how we are allowed to mate (which I lampoon in Why Do Politicians Want to Police Dick and Jane's Private Parts?)

8) Grandiosity: even Rick Santorum recognizes (link is external) Gingrich’s “over the moon” grandiosity (link is external)

9) General Oddness: Ron Paul (link is external)

10) Paranoia: pretty much all of them, all of the time (link is external)

Now, those are pretty tongue in cheek generalizations, but I thought some humor might lighten things up around here a bit...

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:17 AM
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Now, those are pretty tongue in cheek generalizations, but I thought some humor might lighten things up around here a bit...

Actually it's pretty much accurate come to think of it.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:24 AM
Paul Joseph Watson, is one of Alex Jones minions. Looks like there's something in the water at info wars towers. Maybe it's all that tangy tangerine Alex is always hawking for his sponsors, being told you have a mental disorder by one of Alex Jones disciples is like being told to sit up straight, by the hunch back of Norte damn

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:01 PM

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Tough Im not liberal or progressive...

I dont think its healthy (yes even tho they have done it, ive seen the threads on ATS) to try to make someones belief system into a means to marginalize them and other wise pass them off as just less intelligent or stupid......

We have lost the ability in this country to disagree without being hateful, or even actually HATING the people that dont subscribe to the same philosophy.......and thats not right.......

There was a time when we could have different opinions and still be kind to one another, still help one another , and still love one another......

Those days are slipping into distant memory

I agree with you. It isn't a distant memory. Most of us here disagree a lot without being hateful. I have disagreed with you a lot, but it isn't personal. There are a couple members where by virtue of my human nature, I just try to avoid them. But that is by and far rare. You are not one of them. You contribute well to debate and you don't back down.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:01 PM

originally posted by: kellyjay
I stumbled across this video on youtube, and the information therein which i hadn't heard before kinda left me scratching my head in disbelief, i dont know if its seriously stupiditity? or if there is another reason for this overwhelming stupefaction?

Where must a line be drawn when it comes to "helping" one minority whilst putting a majority in possible danger?

Have a look...

No, it isn't. I could have save you typing again.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:05 PM

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
I just filtered tangy tangerine and nascent iodine through a berkey and ate the residue with a colloidal silver coated spork all washed down with a one world whey shake in my $20 inforwars novelty cup while wearing my tyranny response team t shirt and molon labe belt buckle...and I feel perfectly sane.

I'm now ready to kill me some satanic mooslams, trendy librools and border jumpers. To the bunkers patriots!

Sad that I have but one star to give you!

<< 4  5  6   >>