It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is liberalism really a mental disorder?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Infowars? Rush? lol no. Ajones and Rush and O reilly just like to yell and get those conservative emotions riled up.
It's no better than Maddow or her ilk
or jackson and sharpton the race baiters
or colbert and Stewart trying to play off their bias as just comedy.

Everyone needs their version of information though, Reason magazine and Zerohedge/Tyler Durden are my poison, no better than anyone elses news sources

Jonathan Haidt a psychologist has done plenty of research understanding the moral structures of conservatives, liberals and even libertarians. A mental disorder no, just a group of personality traits and moral beliefs.

moral value systems that he argues underlie the liberal-conservative political dimension: 1) Care for Others/Do no harm; 2) Fairness/Justice/Equality; 3) In-Group Loyalty; 4) Respect for Authority; and 5) Purity. His research shows-across large numbers of people and many different countries-that there are very reliable differences in the degree to which liberals and conservatives differ in the extent to which they endorse these values. Conservatives tend to value the five domains relatively equally. Liberals, in contrast, value the first two domains much more than the latter three.

While libertarians value the 6th foundation liberty/freedom of oppression above all others.

Later research has shown a difference between cons and libs in the 2nd foundation of fairness/equality. Cons believe in proportionality/fairness while libs tend to lean towards equality.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I think Liberals have an authoritarian complex.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

My own progressive utopia would have a ban on transhumanism and a few other things you wouldn't expect.

Progress is improvement...

Anything else is just false advertisement.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

See this is always where you go screwy. We disagree on almost everything so I must embody everything you hate and deem wrong in the world. You do this with every one and everything.

I'm an Anarchist.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: kellyjay

The IMF owns about 10% of Greek debt. So...

it owed 5bn between the imf and the european central bank

which brings me back to your original statement that the banks are conservative, do you have any cites? or did you ask every member of both establishments which political party the voted for? just curious how you got to that "fact"

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Charlie, I don't doubt your sincerity, but we've all be told a pack of lies for so long that I doubt everything.

Was the Patriot Act, patriotic?
Does the Freedom Act, bring about more freedom?

So when progressives say they're for "progress", I maintain a healthy dose of skepticism.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: kellyjay

which brings me back to your original statement that the banks are conservative, do you have any cites? or did you ask every member of both establishments which political party the voted for? just curious how you got to that "fact"

What does this have to do with your OP labelling billions of people mentally ill?

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

See this is always where you go screwy. We disagree on almost everything so I must embody everything you hate and deem wrong in the world. You do this with every one and everything.

I'm an Anarchist.

I've never gotten that impression.

I've always read your support of big government and big government programs.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

i was discussing something that kali brought up, you dont need to inject yourself into that seperate conversation.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Charlie, I don't doubt your sincerity, but we've all be told a pack of lies for so long that I doubt everything.

Was the Patriot Act, patriotic?
Does the Freedom Act, bring about more freedom?

So when progressives say they're for "progress", I maintain a healthy dose of skepticism.

I agree with that my bunny buddy, and can't fault your line of thinking either, not with the way it's played out.

For what it's worth, I think layman progressives like myself and others on ATS are much more sincere than those progressives that actually have a position of power.

Which is disheartening.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

i was discussing something that kali brought up, you dont need to inject yourself into that seperate conversation.

You created a public thread.

It's fair game, and all comments welcome because it's a PUBLIC conversation in a PUBLIC thread.

Don't want others to comment? PM the person.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

What does this have to do with your OP labelling billions of people mentally ill?

Also i didnt label millions of people metally ill....i ASKED if liberalism was a mental disorder

comprehension will serve you well

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Actually, you brought up Greece on page 1.

Keep up, kelly.
edit on 2-8-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: Spelling der herpa derp!!!

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Also i didnt label millions of people metally ill....i ASKED if liberalism was a mental disorder

And you wouldn't have asked unless you believed it...

Your slippery, underhanded & veiled accusations do not rise above my comprehension, young lady.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

It's fair game, and all comments welcome because it's a PUBLIC conversation in a PUBLIC thread.

where did i say he could not inject? i said he "doesnt need to inject" but thanks for stating the obvious that this is a public post...had it not been for you informing , well gosh darn id think it was all private and the other posters merely a figment of my imagination.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

And you wouldn't have asked unless you believed it...

Your slippery, underhanded & veiled accusations do not rise above my comprehension, young lady.

yes because asking questions, always means you know the answer already in your head...how dare i get other peoples views right? and had you asked my opinion then you would have been met with..no i dont think it is i just think liberals are stupid at times.

link   
'Mental disorder' is a bit much, as it implies an illness or permanent handicap.

Infolurker provided us an expert analysis that is spot on, though. Liberals are developmentally stunted; the average liberal developed his/her core beliefs by the age of 20 or so. A person's worldview is not prone to change without exposure to new ideas and information. It definitely won't change if that person spends his/her entire life shouting down or ignoring anything that doesn't fit their own paradigm.

Spoiled youth = entitled adult liberal
Naive youth = bleeding heart adult liberal
Arrogant youth = pro-fascism-to-get-what-we-want adult liberal

The only cure for a spoiled, naive, arrogant youth is the facing the real world. This is why it is common to see 'converts' to the right among all age groups, but rarely does anyone over the age of 25 change from a conservative to a liberal ideology.

It goes without saying that I am referring to modern American liberals when I used the word 'liberal,' though preserving freedom is the last thing on a liberal's mind.

link   

Banks are the ones pushing for austerity all over the EU. Is Austerity liberal now? lol

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Nope. I'm for scaling back laws. Often times I'll argue legalities against the absurd Conservative logic of what is and isn't legal in the US and what actual equality is but no, I'm not for big government... I'm for scaling back laws, surveillance, war... you know Conservative things.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

where did i say he could not inject? i said he "doesnt need to inject" but thanks for stating the obvious that this is a public post...had it not been for you informing , well gosh darn id think it was all private and the other posters merely a figment of my imagination.

No, you didn't say he couldn't, but your tone suggested he shouldn't. And then your comment sought to undermine what other people had to say in the thread you created when it interrupted what you were trying to say.

Again, since you don't seem to understand: it's a public thread in a public forum, and you don't own the comments, nor do you dictate who can comment on which post or comment. It's not a separate conversation...So why get your panties in wad when someone interjects?

Regardless, glad I can help you see the obvious.

ETA: Gosh darn?

BRB, Ima fix you some corn bread.
edit on 2-8-2015 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join