It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is liberalism really a mental disorder?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I stumbled across this video on youtube, and the information therein which i hadn't heard before kinda left me scratching my head in disbelief, i dont know if its seriously stupiditity? or if there is another reason for this overwhelming stupefaction?

Where must a line be drawn when it comes to "helping" one minority whilst putting a majority in possible danger?

Have a look...

www.youtube.com...

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: kellyjay

No but believing anything from Info Wars is probably a good indication of one.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

The answer to the question in your thread title is NO.

Some whiny little jerkoff for friggin info wars is the one on this YouTube video. His voice is like nails on a chalkboard, and I don't believe a damn word coming out of his mouth.

No credibility whatsoever. Consider the source.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Yes.

www.moonbattery.com...

Basically liberalism is a willful failure to mature beyond adolescence that can have catastrophic consequences for society. With luck, the official diagnosis of this disease by a mental health professional will facilitate the search for a cure.

Based on strikingly irrational beliefs and emotions, modern liberals relentlessly undermine the most important principles on which our freedoms were founded. Like spoiled, angry children, they rebel against the normal responsibilities of adulthood and demand that a parental government meet their needs from cradle to grave.

A social scientist who understands human nature will not dismiss the vital roles of free choice, voluntary cooperation and moral integrity — as liberals do. A political leader who understands human nature will not ignore individual differences in talent, drive, personal appeal and work ethic, and then try to impose economic and social equality on the population — as liberals do. And a legislator who understands human nature will not create an environment of rules which over-regulates and over-taxes the nation's citizens, corrupts their character and reduces them to wards of the state — as liberals do.

The roots of liberalism — and its associated madness — can be clearly identified by understanding how children develop from infancy to adulthood and how distorted development produces the irrational beliefs of the liberal mind. When the modern liberal mind whines about imaginary victims, rages against imaginary villains and seeks above all else to run the lives of persons competent to run their own lives, the neurosis of the liberal mind becomes painfully obvious.

s a clinical and forensic psychiatrist, Lyle Rossiter has treated over 1,500 patients and examined over 2,700 civil and criminal cases. Turning his hand to political psychopathology, the author of The Liberal Mind: The Psychological Causes of Political Madness, has diagnosed an alarming percentage of the population as suffering from the grotesque form of mental derangement known by some as moonbattery.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Ah source fallacy..nice one, no really bravo!

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Ok, since Sweeden has a bad idea it must mean that being a liberal is a mental disorder.
Got it.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Tough Im not liberal or progressive...

I dont think its healthy (yes even tho they have done it, ive seen the threads on ATS) to try to make someones belief system into a means to marginalize them and other wise pass them off as just less intelligent or stupid......

We have lost the ability in this country to disagree without being hateful, or even actually HATING the people that dont subscribe to the same philosophy.......and thats not right.......

There was a time when we could have different opinions and still be kind to one another, still help one another , and still love one another......

Those days are slipping into distant memory

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Thank-you.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Moonbattery?!

Basically liberalism is a willful failure to mature beyond adolescence that can have catastrophic consequences for society.

Basically they are full of # and just want to spout out nonsense.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I consider political stances to be the same as religious stances. There are those that believe and those that dont.. and there will always be extremes in either

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Ok, I looked.
First, this hit the boards here a month or so ago.
Second the video is titled Absolute Proof. Well when someone proclaims absolute proof, I run the other way.
Thirdly, sure this specific action sounds ludicrous on the surface, but rather than trying to understand the basic reasons for this, trying to understand and demonstrate the fallacy of extreme adherence to any political doctrine, this moron just condemns a whole segment of society (liberals) as suffering from mental disorder.

So to answer your question, I do not think that liberalism is a mental disorder any more than do I think that conservatism is. Both smack of limited understanding of our human condition.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Does it matter?

Progressive, liberal policies have won.

Unemployment is high, the economy in tanked, and more people are reliant on government than ever before.

The inmates are running the asylum.

they can call it whatever they want.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
this is probably one of the best videos ive seen regarding "liberalism" he pretty much nails what liberalism is today

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

"Liberalism, unchecked, always implodes upon itself because its policies are unsustainable" - Rush Limbaugh

Please seek help from a Professional...
edit on 2-8-2015 by Granite because: sp

link   
I just filtered tangy tangerine and nascent iodine through a berkey and ate the residue with a colloidal silver coated spork all washed down with a one world whey shake in my $20 inforwars novelty cup while wearing my tyranny response team t shirt and molon labe belt buckle...and I feel perfectly sane.

I'm now ready to kill me some satanic mooslams, trendy librools and border jumpers. To the bunkers patriots!

link   
a reply to: Sremmos80
no, i didnt say that, what i did ASK is , is liberalism a mental disorder...

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Granite

well look at greece lol

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Well the video that you sourced is saying that.

And the video is what you said lead you to ask that question.

a reply to: Granite

LOL, ya ok.
Since Rush said it then it has to be true.

Why don't you form your own thoughts.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Liberal and Progressive ideologies are on the rise, Conservative policies are still in place... don't pass the buck. Take responsibility.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
If liberalism is a mental disorder, then we must include pathological greed from which many of the 'others' seem to suffer terribly.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join