It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UFO Religion

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

The basic notion is that for many people, UFO's have become
their religion; in other words they take their perception of the
'UFO phenonemon, if any' on faith and faith alone; with just
a smattering of pseudoscience as social cover.

Shouldn't this be posted in the "Rants" category?

It sounds like someone trying to pretend a very real phenomenon isn't occurring.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Afdcs

It sounds like someone trying to pretend a very real phenomenon isn't occurring.

I say repeatedly in this post and in all
my posts that something unusual is
actually occurring.

Besides with no emotion involved...
and nothing negative said about
anyone....and basically mainly
quoting a college department
outline - no ranting is involved.

Kev

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

I say repeatedly in this post and in all
my posts that something unusual is
actually occurring.

anyone....and basically mainly
quoting a college department
outline - no ranting is involved.

Kev

Yeah well, when the experiences involve multiple victims all the 'psychological' explanations fall apart. So yeah, something is happening, and it's more or less what the witnesses are describing, you know, in the physical reality and that.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Ken P: You completely overlook one startling fact your "research" into what ever you are "researching."

That fact is that just as we consider humanity in total as a good thing, if I can rudely put it that way, so we can look outward and expect that ANY ETs that come to visit will be good folk. --It doesn't get anymore simple than that fact of human nature.

Plus, you overlook the countless accounts of abductees and contactees that are around to tell their stories with few of them having been eaten for lunch--myself being one. And where are the evil ETs? Only in the space horror movies, right? So the optimistic view and the real world experience tend to agree, and we come away with the concept that your old God is dead, but we can look forward to help from the Heavens after all.

Finally, as typical in countless threads, the human perspective is not the starting point in trying to understand this whole mishmash of religion and UFOs. The ETs understand our psychology better than we understand ourselves and the key factor is that they need to have us come to accept that "God is dead," but shout "long live the ETs" in appreciation.

Peace on Earth will not come with them not being accepted. That is their goal, understanding and acceptance and why many of us have been abducted and influenced by them to literally know them and ourselves and preach as much in some manner.

What would you propose in place, isolationism, war or being stuck on an old religion of Holy God? Sorry, the galactic community is knocking and we need to ask them in to help clean up our mess we have made of ourselves. As it stands there is absolutely nothing about a budding UFO/ET religion that is anymore far fetched than most religions of man. And really, it is easy to see how most religions are nothing but earlier ET visits that became twisted out of almost all recognition except for an objective observation. The normal human view on everything is no longer a valid point of view.
Look at the Earth and ask yourself what would an objective ET do for us. And what should we figure to do in return.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I think the entire post is mostly a strawman argument. The religion argument is just a snide way of telling people to wise up, you dont know what you are talking about and I do.

There are plenty of threads here in this forum that give varying degrees of evidence for alien UFOs. One of the better threads is on the front page now. Certainly it is your prerogative to say the evidence isnt good enough.

Its like anything really, some people just watch football, others actively participate in amateur leagues where it takes up most of their free time. Other people fill their time with crime TV( my wife ) , video games, hunting, camping, or whatever. I also actively look up things like bigfoot and ancient mysteries.

Also the same argument could be made for debunkers who have websites and blogs devoted to the flipside of things. And certainly there are those like Philip Klass who took it to a religious level, but not everyone, I wouldnt use him to pigeonhole everyone else. I personally cant relate, but I suppose that is just how they like to spend their time.

Personally I hope im wrong and they just exist on distant stars, however the links I provided are convincing enough for me, some might even argue it is willful ignorance on your part not to believe...

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   

anyone....

Nothing negative said about anyone? I don't think you can honestly claim that:

they take their perception of the
a smattering of pseudoscience as social cover. That in fact
these folks aren't particularly concerned with gathering data,
doing research, developing hypothesis and then testing
hypothesis to see if it's true.. but rather are just using
UFO's and Aliens conceptually as a source of religion
to make themselves feel better about things in a confusing
and hostile world.

That is clearly quite negative.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Afdcs

I can claim that. I said that I have
a little religion in me too. And I
assure you what I have no self
loathing about it.

When I'm accused of dishonesty it
always makes me smile. More than
nearly anyone I admit to all my
flaws and mistakes with no
reservation.

Kev

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Well Star Trek was a fabulous show. In that
one, humans outgrew their primitive
nuclear age and outgrew money even.

How I wish we could do the same.

But wishful thinking about that show
coming true won't make it so.

We are in the midst of the 6th great mass
extinction and it is human caused and
possibly irreversible.

Unfortunately no break away civilization
or benevolent space aliens are helping
us.

Kev

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: 111DPKING111

No strawman attack. Unless you think
that Vallee was doing that as well. He
wrote a series of three books on this
topic.

This is hardly a new topic. We just don't
discuss it much on ATS but we should.

I know its an uncomfortable topic for
some but that doesn't make it invalid
and should not make anyone think that
I'm up to anything devious.

Kev

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: JackHill

Some people just skim my posts and
don't realize they are only arguing with
themselves.

I repeatedly say that sometimes but not
always there are physical effects in the
real world.

Kev

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Kev --- I disagree with you're premise...that people who have a sort-of UFO phenomenon religion take it "on faith and faith alone, with just a smattering of pseudoscience thrown in." A lot of people who have witnessed and not witnessed the UFO phenomenon, take it based on a certain percentage of reliable sighting reports of UFO's spread out mostly in our recent history from World War II too present day.

I'm also sorry to hear that you're "The Sentient Plasma Theory" offers you "no comfort of any kind whatsoever...if anything, it strips away nearly all the spirituality and religion from my life."

If that is the path you want to follow --- so be it --- but it is not my path and never will be, due to my UFO religion...so to speak.

I'm not a fan or supporter of Jacque Vallee, including his speculations about EDH, concerning space aliens and ET starships. I'm a fan of nuts an bolts alien starships that occasionally visit our planet...that are superluminal capable, and require at least two magnetic shields that can encase a non-sentient fusion plasma shield for photon propulsion and as a weapon of mass destruction.

Cheers,

Erno

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueMessiah

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear
Hi,

but rather are just using
UFO's and Aliens conceptually as a source of religion
to make themselves feel better about things in a confusing
and hostile world.

LOL you can't be serious here.
This is an insult to every believer who has researched the topic.
What a joke. smh

Your name has religious connotations and you are a pretty hard core believer. Can you shed some light on that?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I was very interested to see that your two first responses, diametrically opposed to one another, seemed to receive the same stars, or people who agreed. What does that say? Perhaps that we're all still equally divided on one side or other….about your thread, at least, LOL.

And I posit it that way, because you are speaking of a "UFO religion," when, after all (and this is the irony and the delightfulness and disturbing reality, all at the same time, within your topic), UFO means Unidentified Flying Object.n So, you are speaking of forming a "religion" around a belief in something unidentifiable, to begin with…..or, are you?

Reading your further identifiable characteristics surrounding the formation of such, I, then, most completely take into account those folks believing there are "aliens," (whatever that means, as well, as we may not have originated, here, either, and who can even define what here is anyway: that said, it becomes obvious that I take none of the "given" definitions of "truth" most of us work forward from as "accepted," "true," or necessarily "real."

This defines for me what Biblical faith and research has resulted in, as well. It's all defined by an increasingly questionable paradigm in relationship to its reality. To repeat that, for it's quite important to what I'm trying to express, the essence of it, the paradigm we live within and see defining our reality, and the information we have to express reality are, increasingly, in a state of cognitive dissonance.

Having said all that, of course, people are then searching for what created us, the answers to what they've observed and experienced, and hoping that surely there is some future, positive point to reach, and perhaps, even, a rescuer waiting in the wings…..
Good thread, Kev.
tetra50

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

I like your honesty that you are
partaking in a religion.

There is nothing wrong with that...

It's trying to pass religion as science
that muddies things up.

As for me...I don't have a 'path'. I'm not
looking for comfort.

I'm just researching something which
interests me.

I research about a dozen different
topics at any particular time.

Thanks for replying!

Kev

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Perhaps Vallee should ask himself why he has spent so much time study odd phenomena? Maybe he finds it interesting, maybe he would like to know the truth, maybe he had some personal experience. Who knows?

Its election time in the US, people are going to vote one way or another for all kinds of different reasons, religion being one of them. But I wouldnt try to pin it all down on this.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

Thanks.

It's not surprising that the responses are
split. The United States is fairly split
between science and logic and quackery
as one example.

Of course I'm fairly fringish itself...
so I'm not pointing fingers too much...

I guess I just think that science has
room in it for a lot of interesting stuff.

So long as someone removes most of
their self-interest and is honest, I think
that fringe research can be healthy...

so long as its actual research and
not just more religious proselytizing
with no facts being sought or
involved.

Kev

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Respectfully, with reasons given within my own post to the OP's, I don't agree with you.

The other possibility is what we are unusually observing experiencing is a multi-faceted, but man-made, phenomenon. MILABS and the Condign Report's explanation of temporal lobe epilepsy are interesting theoretical things to consider, as well.

What I take from all that, is that we can be made, purposefully, to see almost anything, while our science relies upon empirical, seen, evidence…..which throws us into a wholly questionable territory in terms of actually knowing anything. And further, via such ideas expressed by Project Blue Beam, there is possible a projection of "reality" simulation upon our atmosphere….
So, perhaps we have the science, to both implant through triggers and hypnosis, through implants, themselves, and through microwaved ELF, EMF tech, something into the mind, or create a "temporal lobe seizure," and/or both.
And perhaps, there is also the technology to project something realistically upon our natural environment that we all see.

Within, without, real or supposed, there are many possibilities to all this. And in my humble experience, it's usually a mixture of lots of the possibilities, almost never one or the other over another…..
regards,
tetra

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: 111DPKING111

Perhaps Vallee should ask himself why he has spent so much time study odd phenomena? Maybe he finds it interesting, maybe he would like to know the truth, maybe he had some personal experience. Who knows?

Its election time in the US, people are going to vote one way or another for all kinds of different reasons, religion being one of them. But I wouldnt try to pin it all down on this.

I'm not pinning anything on 'this'.
It's a standalone subject.

As for Dr. Vallee I know him fairly
well. We spent the day together in
February. He's quite an extraordinary
man.... very warm and kind as well.

Kev

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Perhaps to some people UFO is a religion of sorts. There are some that are determined to believe in something whether there is tangible proof or not. Saying UFOlogy as a whole is a religion is nonsense of course. I continue to hear how there is no tangible evidence regarding UFOs. There is a considerable amount of evidence in regards to UFOs. Which is why people are interested, and why even some governments say openly that there needs to be a more serious approach to the UFO phenomena.

So for those who are predisposed to believe all things UFO no matter what the source, ok.. perhaps to them, it's more of a cult-like following to blindly believe everything presented to them on faith. For many others however, they discard that which has no credibility, and instead focus on the cases that have some merit.

If you personally choose to believe that there is absolutely no proof in regards to UFOs, because your definition of proof means a UFO has to land in the front yard of some government's seat of power, or an alien has to broadcast to the world through their TVs, you may never see the "proof" you are looking for. However your definition of proof does not discount or render all previous cases and photos and eyewitness testimony moot.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Hey KPB:

so long as its actual research and
not just more religious proselytizing
with no facts being sought or
involved.

What I'm suggesting in the totality of my responses is, our idea of what is "fact" and "science" these days should be equally in question.

Which, may, in the end, lead us all back to belief and faith, in the end, after all.
tetra

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join