It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muhammad Cartoon Shooter armed by ATF thanks to Fast and Furious

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Thanks for arming terrorists, ATF...

Five years before he was shot to death in the failed terrorist attack in Garland, Texas, Nadir Soofi walked into a suburban Phoenix gun shop to buy a 9-millimeter pistol.

At the time, Lone Wolf Trading Co. was known among gun smugglers for selling illegal firearms. And with Soofi's history of misdemeanor drug and assault charges, there was a chance his purchase might raise red flags in the federal screening process.

Inside the store, he fudged some facts on the form required of would-be gun buyers.

What Soofi could not have known was that Lone Wolf was at the center of a federal sting operation known as Fast and Furious, targeting Mexican drug lords and traffickers. The idea of the secret program was to allow Lone Wolf to sell illegal weapons to criminals and straw purchasers, and track the guns back to large smuggling networks and drug cartels.

Full story

I wonder how much blood is on Holder's hands over this fiasco. How are gun laws supposed to work when the ATF is deliberately instructing dealers to disobey those laws and sell to people who won't pass the background check?

edit on 8/2/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

How can you expect government to deny freedoms if they don't create situations that call for the denial of freedoms?
edit on 2-8-2015 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: Answer

How can you expect government to deny freedoms if they don't create situations that can for the denial of freedoms?

I absolutely agree... I always thought the Fast and Furious stuff was just a nice cover story created in case the US government got caught selling weapons to Mexican cartels.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

The idea of the secret program was to allow Lone Wolf to sell illegal weapons to criminals and straw purchasers, and track the guns back to large smuggling networks and drug cartels.

I hear springs popping.

Big Government Fails Again.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

The idea of the secret program was to allow Lone Wolf to sell illegal weapons to criminals and straw purchasers, and track the guns back to large smuggling networks and drug cartels.

I hear springs popping.

"Liberalism, unchecked, always implodes upon itself because its policies are unsustainable" - Rush Limbaugh

We warned them....

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Granite

originally posted by: xuenchen

I hear springs popping.

"Liberalism, unchecked, always implodes upon itself because its policies are unsustainable" - Rush Limbaugh

We warned them....

Yep because the ATF is a bunch of Libtards running around giving their guns away to criminals when not shooting innocent people. /s

I wonder how many ATF/FBI/CIA/NSA/State/SS agents and the people who control them vote Democrat? Gonna take a wild guess and say not too many.

Oh and quoting RL is about as impressive as quoting Daffy Duck.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Holder is on the same level of despicable as Cheney and the gang. Pulling off these little harebrained stunts putting many lives in danger on both sides of the Mexico-US border, and now sitting comfy shilling for Wall Street. What a creep.

And to answer your question (which I realize is mostly rhetorical), gun laws aren't supposed to work. They've always purely been a way for the fed to decide who is armed and who is not, they don't care about gun violence and they don't care about crime (as long as they get a cut). It's purely convenient justification for an agenda.

new topics

top topics

join