It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quick Pickles

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

The ones I get are frequently closer to yellow on the side that lays on the ground. I agree light green is better, but I don't see too many that are a uniform green in my area anyway.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

No, not unifrom green...but the darker green dots near the spines indicate less than fresh.
For example, these look very fresh.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Quick Pickles is a helluva a nickname, now that I think about it.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Cool thread! I have English cucumbers that will come back each year but don't really know what to do with all of them. If they're not picked quickly they grow into big yellow monster looking things.
I'll definitely try these recipes next spring, Lord's willing.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Quick Pickles is a helluva a nickname, now that I think about it.

Lol

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   
We used to do such stuff. Most of all I like home-made pickles. But couple times I ordered it from Buy-ukrainian buy-ukrainian.com/food . It was delisious, and a price is good enough! So u should definitely try it!

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Resurrected!

Getting ready to do some pickles this weekend and thought about this thread. I love me some cucumbery quick pickles. At some delis they're called 'half sours'. Call 'em what you want, they're one of those things that makes summer. Especially on a plate next to fresh green beans and potatoes cooked with ham and some corn bread. Some like the fresh sliced garden tomatoes on the side, I'm all about the pickles.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join