It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Western countries to invade Libya to combat Islamist militants

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

In the case of ISIS and Iraq, you are damn right it's the US & friends fault. They knew exactly what would happen and they did it anyway. Cheney knew full well the outcome of overthrowing Saddam and he did it anyway.

Again to say these elements weren't already there just waiting for the right time to become what they are now is a fallacy.

These groups don't just pop up out of the blue with the ability to do what they have done, so to say it was just because the US brought Saddam down is the only reason we have the problem is silly and you know it.

I believe this man has a different view about that...

But it's easier to blame the US than it is to see what's really happening.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: solve

i am hearing in finland, that here some foreign men trying to get people join them, but that really does not prove anything to me personally, because how can i know, who has sent these people here..

They are in many countries, and as for who sent them...best guess ISIS and their leadership.

But everything else is wrong in this place anyway, so what does it matter, people are going to kill people.

Because the innocent slaughter of a group of people because they don't believe the same interpretation you do of a religious book is insane.

If they want to kill each other...Great.

But leave the innocent out of your sick and twisted idea of reality.

And by your I mean ISIS...just didn't want you to think I meant you.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

I am going to be honest with you. I think that every single thing, that man has made, in the end, proves to have caused more harm than good. In the grand scheme of things, this is all wrong, i am an animal, a hairless ape, i dont care about rules and policies or anything really, i just wish we could all just do our own thaang, we need to stop obeying, and just laugh at the worlds dumb face.
We need to stop everything. Just dont.

edit on 2-8-2015 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: solve

I am going to be honest with you. I think that every single thing, that man has made, in the end, proves to have caused more harm than good.

Well not everything...Science has helped with more good than bad.

Although nuclear weapons are a bi product of science, I guess it depends on how you look at it.

In the grand scheme of things, this is all wrong, i am an animal, a hairless ape, i dont care about rules and policies or anything really, i just wish we could all just do our own thaang, we need to stop obeying, and just laugh at the worlds dumb face.

That would be nice...but that could bring more problems than it does answer's.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Elements were already in place? No they weren't and that's because Saddam didn't allow extremists in Iraq because they were a threat to him. Ironically enough, leaders of ISIS were once Saddams officers who, when Iraq fell to the U.S., had no where to go. So again, proof is the in pudding the invasion of Iraq clearly created ISIS. If we didn't falsely invade Iraq there would be no such thing as ISIS. It's a shame you won't let the U.S. and friends take any responsibility for their actions. Deny ignorance.

www.pbs.org...

edit on 2-8-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Except you can blame the west for the creation of ISIS. The west moved in and totally destabilized the region they helped to start a civil war in Syria and removed Saddam Hussein from power this led to the creation of ISIS. Had it not been for these actions ISIS would have never gained the power they have now. Reagan was right when he said we don't understand the politics of that region.
a reply to: buster2010

You hit the nail on the head Buster. The U.S. created these fanatics because we couldn't keep our nose out of the Middle East. We destabilized that entire region. We've created more enemies with all our bombings which have killed innocent civilians. When the U.S. kills innocent family members, we end up strengthening terrorist groups. Anybody losing a loved one would want revenge.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousTM

Its not an invasion when the troops are requested by the government.

For examples of an invasion see Russia and Ukraine.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

For examples of an invasion see Russia and Ukraine.

Or UK/USA and Iraq

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

That works as well...

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Elements were already in place? No they weren't and that's because Saddam didn't allow extremists in Iraq because they were a threat to him.

And yet you think that they couldn't be around without having a problem with the Iraqi government?

Look up Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, as he was in Iraq and the government didn't seem to have a problem with it.

The fall of the Taliban in 2001 forced Zarqawi to flee to Iraq. There his presence went largely unnoticed

qz.com...

Ironically enough, leaders of ISIS were once Saddams officers who, when Iraq fell to the U.S., had no where to go.

They had a choice they just decided to go the ISIS choice.

If we didn't falsely invade Iraq there would be no such thing as ISIS.

Except there would be, as Zarqawi was the man that is said to be the founder of ISIS...but under different names.

And this started in the 90's which is before we went into Iraq this last time.

It's a shame you won't let the U.S. and friends take any responsibility for their actions. Deny ignorance.

It's a shame that some just have to blame the US for everything because it's the easiest thing to do.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

The U.S. created these fanatics because we couldn't keep our nose out of the Middle East. We destabilized that entire region.

That region has been destabilized long before the US ever made it's way to that region.

And the hate between certain groups is the reason these fanatics are the way they are now.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

One extremist went unnoticed, and? Had he been noticed they would have had a problem with it. Saddam ruled Iraq with an iron fist, which in itself creates problems but had we not toppled his government Iraq would have not become the terrorist hell hole it currently is and that's just a fact, as much as you would deny it. Libya is another perfect example of the west toppling a regime where terrorists filled the void. It is the U.S. and our allies fault for removing these regimes and creating these hellish terrorist breeding grounds.

Cheney knew it back in the early 1990's. He knew exactly what would happen if we removed Saddam and here we are. The picture doesn't get any clearer than that but feel free to blame anyone but the aggressors. Embrace the ignorance and we shall agree to completely disagree.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
I hate war..............

I was 100% against Iraq, Libya bombing and opposed Syria.....

But unfortunately I support this..... ISIS has to be annihilated. The war was already started by them and they are a threat to the UK and our allies.

Good luck to the troops and the friends I have that will be deployed. Good shooting and kill as many of the ISIS bastards as you can

I'd agree that the UK, France and Italy should effectively take over Libya and place it in something of a receivership status and use it as a place to dump the unwanted/unneeded tens of thousands non-European migrants. I'd add however that ISIS is in a religious civil war aimed primarily at the Shia communities of Iraq, Syria and Iran. They pose little threat to Europe if you take the measures to keep the refugees out of Europe and the UK.

I'm also rather saddened to see US troops being involved; this isn't a US problem for the US to solve and in an odd way, it may actually hamper the so-called "Allies" efforts in that a US presence will only galvanize resistance in as much as he US is the most universally hated force and nation in the world.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS....
as much as he US is the most universally hated force and nation in the world.

Until something happens...

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

One extremist went unnoticed, and?

He is the only one discussed because he was the founding father of ISIS, but you truly think there were no extremist in Iraq during Sadam's reign.

Libya is another perfect example of the west toppling a regime where terrorists filled the void.

When the leader of a country admits to being part of a terrorist act...it already is filled with terrorists.

Cheney knew it back in the early 1990's. He knew exactly what would happen if we removed Saddam and here we are. The picture doesn't get any clearer than that but feel free to blame anyone but the aggressors. Embrace the ignorance and we shall agree to completely disagree.

Except as you said it wasn't until we invaded Iraq that they started...except it was started before that and not because the US took Hussein out of power.

And yet you blame the US for ISIS when it is well known how they became the entity they are today...But I see if someone doesn't agree that the US is behind ISIS they are embracing ignorance...truly amazing.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Can anyone really tell me just why the Islamic countries don't form a coalition army and solve their own problems? Instead of just sitting back and letting the western countries fight their war for them, or is that their plan so if it goes wrong they blame the western nations.
If my memory serves me correct Saddam invaded Kuwait and they asked for millitary help from the west because, as above the rest of the islamic nations sat back and let it happen.
Now what did they expect to happen when the Iraqis were driven out of Kuwait? That the allied forces would stop at the border. No,no,no. Once started it had to be finished and that meant invading Iraq and taking out Saddam.
I've said it before. If the Islamic countries wont clean up their act others WILL do it for them, just don't moan and gripe when that happens.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

ISIS wasn't ISIS in the beginning. It wasn't called that, instead it was a bunch of smaller groups who were affiliated with other groups fighting against the U.S. Invasion.

Saddam jailed any and all terrorists he knew about. There were no Al Qaeda in Iraq prior to our invasion.

Now are you assuming that I'm saying the U.S. created ISIS as their own puppets to further their agenda? I won't delve into that conspiracy. What I am saying, and have been saying is that had we not toppled Iraq, and later got involved with Syria, ISIS would be the monster it's grown to today. These are facts. ISIS is fully armed with US hardware because the now Shiia led Iraqi army either deserted their bases or in some cases joined ISIS. The U.S. put a Shiite govt in place in Itaq and all hell broke loose because the Sunnis living there felt their voices weren't being heard. As I've said three times now, Cheney was well aware of what Iraq would become and it's now a reality.

Without US invasion ISIS would not exist in its current form.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousTM

Gaddafi and Saddam Hussein may have been authoritarian dictatorships that didn't allow free speech.

But they were men who won civil wars in their countries, and for the most part stabilized their nations. We may not like the methods used but the people of those nations were far better off before USA/CIA intervention.

The US war machine has been a failure everywhere.

Either the goal was total destabilization and those who were in charge need to be tried as war criminals, or our leaders are morons who should still be tried as war criminals. Either way those who started these wars are directly and indirectly responsible for genocide.

No WMD in Iraq and according to UN reports the people of Libya were far better off than their African neighbors under Gaddafi.

Now the entire ME is a cluster-F$@! of Radical Islamic BS. Great Job America.

Whether we created ISIS or merely created the destabilization that allowed ISIS to rise to the level of power we see, American policy is to blame.

It doesn't even matter any more AMERICA'S CORPORATE LEADERS are the one's who either directly or indirectly caused this. There is no escaping this FACT.

ADD - changed the words Our Leaders to Corporate Leaders to reflect that the American people had no say.

edit on 2-8-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: WeRpeons

The U.S. created these fanatics because we couldn't keep our nose out of the Middle East. We destabilized that entire region.

That region has been destabilized long before the US ever made it's way to that region.

And the hate between certain groups is the reason these fanatics are the way they are now.

But we did make it worse.

Hate to say it but these barbarians needed it seems a dictator like Sadam or Gadafi.

There were not ready for "freedom" we forced on them.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

One extremist went unnoticed, and? Had he been noticed they would have had a problem with it. Saddam ruled Iraq with an iron fist, which in itself creates problems but had we not toppled his government Iraq would have not become the terrorist hell hole it currently is and that's just a fact, as much as you would deny it. Libya is another perfect example of the west toppling a regime where terrorists filled the void. It is the U.S. and our allies fault for removing these regimes and creating these hellish terrorist breeding grounds.

Cheny and Bush are loving the chaos.

They have raked the money in from there little crusades

Even our bastard blair has got filthy rich doing tours of the ME as the "peace" envoy!
ME peace envoy! Why not make Hitler a Israeli envoy!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join