It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Posts in Thread" function broken?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I've noticed for the last week or so that trying to view a member's Posts in Thread has become glitchy.

When there is more than one page of posts by that member, clicking on "page 2" (or any other page except 1) goes back to the THREAD page of that number (page 2 of the Thread, rather than page 2 of the Member's Posts in Thread) list, and doesn't show the member's posts anymore.

Anyone else notice this?

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Yes, I've noticed it. Some of the longer threads have 4 pages of one persons posts and I have to search through all the pages to find them... It used to work. Not sure when this "glitch" appeared.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Thanks, glad it's not just my machine then. Do you use Chrome??

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Firefox

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

okay - so, Chrome and Firefox both do it.
*pins on detective badge*

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Yes, it's happening.

Firefox and IE

Last couple of weeks.

Makes it harder to snoop.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
What's the purpose of that function anyway? I've never used it.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

To track someone's comments so you can quote them and/or their sources.

To review your own stance and contributions and to verify you haven't already posted something you wanted to say.

To develop an understanding of the member's general train of thought.

To verify that who you think might have said it did, in fact, say it....

To point out 'where' they said it if they say "please show me where I said that" or to prove that they DID say it when they later deny it.....

etc.

edit on 8/2/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Oh. The crap that has infested ATS lately. No wonder I haven't used it.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I use it frequently, but usually only for my own posts

The workaround is to go up to the address bar and change the page number to the next page there. Clumsy, but functional.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I often use it to keep count of my own stars.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

Ah, good tip. Thanks, I hadn't thought of that yet.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yeah, that, too. How do I know what I think if I don't read what I say??? (I believe that was Hemingway who said that, but I could be mistaken). Plus, yeah - how many agreed with it???

LOL!

Or conversely, to see how many people DID NOT agree with whoever one is battling. Nothing more gratifying than saying "I don't know what idiots gave you stars for that lame post", or "since you didn't get ANY stars, maybe your argument sucks. Go away."

mwahahahahaaaaa

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Not sure what that means, but ......

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Not sure what that means, but ......

It mean that that is for searching for some past post that one can use to WIN!!! That's pathetic imo.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Could you please bring it to SO's attention? Obviously some members use it, and obviously it is broken. Or he can just take it away altogether. Whatever.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The other thing I find handy is once you've engaged the function you can manually change the member name in the address bar rather than poring through a thread and looking for a post by them.

If there's an epic thread I know I've posted in but not sure when, I'll hit the 'posts in thread' for anyone, then go up in the address bar and replace that member's name with my own.

Granted, that's more often used by me in longish non-public staff threads, but I could see where someone might benefit from that info.

Just don't use it to find where I've made contradictory statements. I'll admit right now that'll happen.

[Edit to add]

Oops, had some other posts pop in there while I was writing this. No intent to get involved in all that, it's Sunday afternoon and I'm chillin'.

edit on 8/2/2015 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I use it to find things I have said before so I can repeat them! LOL!

Beside what BW said, I use it to find sources I (or someone else) have used before or to be sure I understand someone's stance on something... or to prevent misquoting someone or myself. Nothing nasty... Not "to win"... There are many white-hat reasons for the feature, IMO.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
This is the link I get when I try it on this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1078338/pg1&mem=BuzzyWigs. Are you sometimes seeing something different?

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I just checked it and it's working for me.

(I use it at times when I am only interested in what one person has to say. AMA's for example. Rude maybe, but I do it)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join