It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scorching 'heat dome' over Middle East sees temperatures soar to 165F in Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Not sure if this is the right forum to put this report but can you imagine living in this heat?

It's 74c in Iran at the moment because some 'high pressure ridge that is passing over the region'.

That is some heat right there... i don't think I'd want to be scorched to death!

www.msn.com...

Iran is buckling under the pressure of a massive heatwave passing across the Middle East, with temperatures soaring to nearly 74C. the word "hot" has taken on an entirely new meaning in Iran's city of Bandar Mahshahr, where it was claimed that the city's heat index, or "feels-like temperature", was among the highest ever recorded. The heat index was recorded by a group of astonished weather experts who predict the country could be enduring some of the hottest urban temperatures ever endured by mankind. 'That was one of the most incredible temperature observations I have ever seen and it is one of the most extreme readings ever in the world,' said AccuWeather meteorologist Anthony Saglia.

But still, this 74c is nothing compared to the 81c which was recorded in Saudi Arabia in 2003 in Dhahran.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

That's in the SHADE!

How hot does it have to be before humans just die from the heat?

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Let me be the first to say it: HAARP!!!

I won't lie, I thought this was a hoax. I had to check a lot of other sites & they are reporting the same thing. Here's what PressTV has to say about it:

The Friday heat had been brought about by a combination of an actual temperature of 115 °F (46 °C) and a dew point temperature of 90 °F (32 °C).

Southwest Iran port city experiences 73 °C heat: Report

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Keep in mind that 74 C or 165 F is not the actual temp. It's the Heat Index (what the heat FEELS like). The actual temps are between 100 to 111 F (which is bad enough).

The Heat Index is a combination of the actual air temp and the humidity.

We get this a lot here in the SE part of the US (all though no where near as bad as over there). Right now the Air temp where I'm at is 88 F but the heat index is 92. So while it's 88 it feels like 92.

Still, a Heat Index of 165 F is the same as being in the boiler room on the ships I served on in the US Navy. Your only allowed to work for 15 to 20 minutes, then you have to go cool off in the air conditioning for about 1 1/2 hours before you can go back down there. It's horrible.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Still makes for a miserable time no matter how one puts it.

edit on 2-8-2015 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Ericthedoubter

Anytime you have heat like that people will die for a certainty..man o man 74..just wow, as one poster noted it has hit 81 in SA but when its that hot 74 doesn`t feel any cooler than 81 I bet..poor people there.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Oh no doubt.

I used have to go down to the boiler rooms to fill my distilled water bottles for my radar cooling system. I would go from my radar room where it would be 55 F (super air conditioning to help keep the equipment cool), and down into the boiler room where it would actually be an air temp of 160 F!

It was like you couldn't breath. Took about 10 minutes to fill the 5 gallon jugs, then carry them up and out, by that time I would be soaking wet from sweat so bad that it looked like I had jumped into a pool with my uniform on.

I really felt for the BTs that worked down in there.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I checked out the all time records and it is death valley US with 56.7C in 1913.......Is this story a hoax. In the story it also listed Saudi with a temp of 81C......Ya right.
edit on 2-8-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

I checked out the all time records and it is death valley US with 56.7C in 1913.......Is this story a hoax. In the story it also listed Saudi with a temp of 81C......Ya right.

If you had bothered to read as far as the third sentence you would have read:

"But the word "hot" has taken on an entirely new meaning in Iran's city of Bandar Mahshahr, where it was claimed that the city's heat index, or "feels-like temperature", was among the highest ever recorded"

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: NOrrTH

If you happened to read the headline posted it says temperature not heat index of 165f.........I have comprehension skills.......Also the heat indexes they are listing sound far fetched.....I live in a very humid place with high dew points and heat indexes do not rise that much higher than actual temps.

I will say it again this sounds like a HOAX.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Heat Domes are miserable weather phenomena when a high pressure ridge gets so strong they more or less stagnate and don't move. The hot air then just sort of sits in place and cooks, getting hotter every day until a strong low can displace the high pressure area.

Do some research and you'll see that this is something that tends to happen somewhere every summer. I feel for the folks stuck under this thing, but it's never fun for anyone stuck under one of these bad boys. All they do is wait and pray for the heat to break up soon.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Things like this are bound to happen with an ever increasing frequency,

if the global warming theorists have it right.

Parts of Arizona and Southern California have also had very high temps recently

for instance.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

It's called Sensationalized Media.

The hottest temp to date recorded was in Libya in 1922 at 136 F or just over 57 C. That record still stands.

What they are talking about is the Heat Index (what it feels like), but of course the news headline and opening statement is written to look like they are talking about the actual air temp, then later, they say Heat Index.

Sensational stories get people to click.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
If you've ever lived in Phoenix, you'll know it gets so hot that if you're walking around noon people will automatically assume you're on drugs.

I hope everyone in this heat knows how to keeps themselves hydrated.

originally posted by: eriktheawful

Keep in mind that 74 C or 165 F is not the actual temp. It's the Heat Index (what the heat FEELS like). The actual temps are between 100 to 111 F (which is bad enough).

We get this a lot here in the SE part of the US (all though no where near as bad as over there). Right now the Air temp where I'm at is 88 F but the heat index is 92. So while it's 88 it feels like 92.

Still, a Heat Index of 165 F is the same as being in the boiler room on the ships I served on in the US Navy. Your only allowed to work for 15 to 20 minutes, then you have to go cool off in the air conditioning for about 1 1/2 hours before you can go back down there. It's horrible.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Im Dallas, Tx 1998 we had a whole summer over 100 degrees, i think it was 70+ days in a row. Wonder if it was the same heatdome thing. I can handle heat we were digging ditches all day and nite back then, flicking at nite and partying nonstop.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Someone must have drawn a picture of Mohammed.

This happened in Texas, with the floods, remember?

You'd figure people would have learned by now.

*sheesh*

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

If you've ever lived in Phoenix, you'll know it gets so hot that if you're walking around noon people will automatically assume you're on drugs.

Not Phoenix, but I was walking around the Pima museum (Tucson) in the middle of the day one summer a few years back.
After a bit I felt like I was on drugs. Not fun ones.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

It really isn't the air temp that get's you...it's that beast humidity that makes it unbearable.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

It really isn't the air temp that get's you...it's that beast humidity that makes it unbearable.

Nonsense. Tucson is very dry.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

To be fair...some may actually be on them.

But I see what your saying.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join