It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird nightmare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I few days ago, I had a nightmare. I was in my kitchen pouring myself

a cup of coffee. I then realized that there was no coffee in the coffee

pot, only hot water. Then saw there was a teabag in my coffee cup.

I haven't drank tea in years.

Anyway, that wasn't the weird part. I noticed it wasn't my coffee cup,

but rather one of my mothers. She had passed several years ago. She

never drank coffee, only tea. Either milk or lemon, depending on the tea.

btw.

Anyway, I heard a noise behind me and it suddenly it became dark - so I

went to turn on the light. I was thinking to myself "please let the light

turn on" - - and you might have guessed the light didn't work.

The last I remember I was trying to yell out for somebody to help.

I can't be sure, but I think I actually did yell myself awake.

A ghost of my mother?

???

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: mechanicx32

A ghost of my mother?

Not sure, but it could very well have been your Mom. Perhaps she is trying to contact you through your dreams. Ask her to keep trying.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Were you thinking about your mother before you fell a sleep?,or maybe she was trying to give you a message in your subconscious..

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

A ghost of my mother?

Or just a memory

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

A close friend off mine who is into this type of dream premonitions ,
Once told me this is a good omen , All your Mum is saying things will work out for the best especially if you are going through difficult and life changing times.

fox.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

'a ghost of my mother' and 'nightmare'. interesting.

what is it that you're not telling us?

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

You are afraid of your mom? You done something that you know she would be dissapointed about and push you away?

So this is my thought, your mom hit you when youve done something bad, and you are afraid of the consequence. Unfaithful? usually a wife can relate to a mother.
edit on 2-8-2015 by Trixster because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster

Don't read too much into that. Thinking about my mum

wasn't the bad part, the waking up yelling was.

But yes, times are tough right now, as always.

- btw - Maybe I could have used better words in the title.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster

what is it that you're not telling us?

The nightmare part was not having coffee pour out of the pot. That is some scary crap now.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

The scary part might be you recognize certain traits within you that are like or even from your mother. Traits or behaviors that might be disagreeable. Don't worry, most parents screw up imparting their own ideas and mores into their kids.

It is bothersome to say the least. The good part is the real you is repulsed by the bad traits and knows the difference. It isn't about whether you drink tea from your mothers cup, either. Thats symbolic.

Drinking from your mothers cup…

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Nobody truly knows why we dream, though the best contender for the answer seems to be that it's how we process the information of our lives. I know that most of our dreams are very mundane, and we easily forget them. It's only really the weird dreams that we remember, particularly ones that are frightening.

I have never believed dreams to represent more than whatever life situation we're currently in. Your mother lives on in you as a memory. She's bound to put in the odd appearance in your dreams every now and then. I've dreamt of people who have died too. It's certainly not uncommon.

You can try to interpret your dream, look for symbolism and attach some sort of meaning to it, if that's what intrigues you. Just remember that any symbolic connotation - such the possible symbolic "meaning" of drinking from someone else's cup - is the product of human invention. We're the product of our societies, we can't help it. And dreams, in turn, are the products of our minds. Our minds, not the mind of a dead person, or a friend, or whoever the subject of your dreams is.

If the dead were not only able to communicate with us, but also actually wanted to, why would they use dreams, which are so easily forgotten and consist almost entirely of nonsense? Doesn't sound like a very good way to get the point across. We've got a strong aversion to death in our society. Can't even say "he died", most have to use euphemisms like "he passed". Go to your nearest hospital and look at all the old people clinging onto life with tubes hanging from them, bedridden with wandering minds, who only cling to life because their families can't let go and accept the natural end. Lots of people think the dead have spoken to them. Not many people want to believe that it all ends when we die.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   

If your dreams scare you

Ask for help from Jesus, or reevaluate food and drugs you take

Or re check your behaviour like maybe you have a fetish for scary movies

top topics

join