It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Personal Guardian Device

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: pfishy

I'm really sorry to hear that.

You guys came on a bit strong with me though and I had to go on the defensive.

All I did was report to them members the existence of this device and what its good and bad points were.

Please know it that my only agenda is to support towards a solution where women don't have to worry about rape any more. May be that is a dreamer's stance, too idealistic and impossible?

Thanks for your input.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

I didnt think my part of the discussion was all that strong, but you shouldn't need to go on the defensive to have a conversation about something as rational as this.
What did you think of my perception of it being possibly useful as a visual deterrent as well? And the addition of a shrieker?

Edit: By rational, I mean the concept that rape shouldn't be a thing, period. And until it isn't, we need to do whatever we can to protect anyone from falling victim to it.
edit on 2-8-2015 by pfishy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

there's no macho posturing and tooling up involved. I simply walk confidently and pay attention to my surroundings. its not a lack of being a macho alpha male or a crazed chick walking around with more attitude than a dominatrix that gets one assaulted. it's furtive
behavior and body language.

a girl can be girly and still project confidence while managing to pay attention to her surroundings.

a year ago I watched around dusk a girl a block away get mugged for her phone. the predator that attacked her picked her because she was walking with her head down texting in her phone oblivious to the guy stalking her. he simply walked right up to ger. punched her grabbed her purse and ran off. never ever would have happened if shecwas being self responsible and looking around. predators dont usually attack when they are spotted. she could also have made herself seem like a less easy target by choosing to walk with purpose and not amble carelessly looking at her phone . seems harsh I know. but she wouldn't have been attacked if she were paying attention and walked less furtively.

and yes I and a guy on a bicycle gave per suit and cornered him to his apartment building he fled to down the street. called cops, they searched the building and guess who ratted him out to the cops aiding in the arrest. his daughter who wasn't going to tolerate her dad being an asshole who assaults people.

attitude makes a difference in the world as to whether you get attacked or not. and the attitude has nothing to do with looking dangerous. just not being an easy target.

like the rattlesnake said. don't tread on me. it's good advice.

as for being able to indulge in a world where you can simply walk around with no self responsibility to yourself and rely on being empowered by others instead of yourself is simply a fairy tail. the real world doesnt, hasnt and never will work like that. not for animals, not for humans. why do you think the nature of the universe is going to change to suit us when it's ultimately ones own personal responsibility to protect ourselves. not the universe not anyone elses.
edit on 2-8-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
a reply to: MysterX

Thanks MysterX and Prezbo for your info.

Is that your way of saying you're going to ignore the issue I raised?

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
This is a bit like tying one of those orange strings to ya' knickers. Don't know if it would really empower women. Seems it might make you feel weak wearing one. I'm not a woman, but I reckon I'd see it that way. Looks like another money spinner.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Wow. Make alot of assumptions, so it seems.

All I ever said was, I disagree with the victim mentality. With the idea that all women are innately victims. That ANYONE is a victim of ANYTHING.

That is, and was, my primary point of disagreement.

And yes, I feel that feminism along with chauvinism are both silly. I as a man am no better than a woman, and a woman is no better than I. There are certain areas where each gender has it's advantages, and others where we do not. I am rabidly against an act of violence, regardless of it's intent or what form it takes.

But hey, feel free to continue casting aspersions and making assumptions. Add all the verbiage you wish to what I had to say.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

You don't trust it and are worried enough by it to attack it. It is not what you say it is. It is the ongoing attempt by women to empower themselves to counteract male domination. I tell you those days are finished. You'll be swept away with the dinosaurs.

I didn't attack anything. I am secure enough in myself and my own views to know that I do not care what it is or is not.
You, on the other hand, accuse me of having a deprecated viewpoint, and claim I will be swept away with the dinosaurs. And the idea of me not trusting a movement...is wholly laughable.

Sorry, I don't buy into the paradigm of victim. Nor do I buy into it for my daughters.

But hey...you go ahead. Raise your daughters as YOU see fit.
edit on 2-8-2015 by nullafides because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

a reply to: MysterX

Thanks MysterX and Prezbo for your info.

Is that your way of saying you're going to ignore the issue I raised?

I did not ignore it. Tell me how I ignored it?

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides

You don't trust it and are worried enough by it to attack it. It is not what you say it is. It is the ongoing attempt by women to empower themselves to counteract male domination. I tell you those days are finished. You'll be swept away with the dinosaurs.

I didn't attack anything. I am secure enough in myself and my own views to know that I do not care what it is or is not.
You, on the other hand, accuse me of having a deprecated viewpoint, and claim I will be swept away with the dinosaurs. And the idea of me not trusting a movement...is wholly laughable.

Sorry, I don't buy into the paradigm of victim. Nor do I buy into it for my daughters.

But hey...you go ahead. Raise your daughters as YOU see fit.

I don't buy into the paradigm of victim either. Just listening to what women have to say about rape and their ideas as to how that may be tackled. I never used THAT WORD. I used the word "empowering". You are disagreeing with me because I see a necessity for women to further empower themselves so they can deal with an issue of vulnerability.

You don't seem to like that word "EMPOWERMENT". Yes, it means giving women real POWER, not dependent on men.

It means wage equality, rights to one's own decisions about one's own body, equal marital rights and all the other social goodies.

Women are hot on the trail of tackling rape throughout the world. Good luck.

You are a lot more interested in arguing with me than the issue of the device. May be you see me as a weak man pandering to women. I see myself as being interested in combatting the awful crime of rape. No other agenda than that.

edit on 2-8-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

"All I ever said was, I disagree with the victim mentality. With the idea that all women are innately victims. That ANYONE is a victim of ANYTHING."

But only you have said that women are victims or acting out the victim mentality. You are suggesting that feminism, empowerment and aspects of vulnerability are leading us down the path of the victim mentality. I can not agree with that. I think empowerment is addressing the issue. Can we agree to disagree yet or have I got to keep doing this. It is getting a bit boring, but if you want to continue...feel free...

"And yes, I feel that feminism along with chauvinism are both silly. I as a man am no better than a woman, and a woman is no better than I."

Well that is something we can agree on about the equality and hatred of violence. My disagreement with you is that feminism is not silly. It is addressing a social and gender deficit and getting real results.

100 years of feminism has had a huge impact. Women are enjoying much better rights and are much more equal with men now. How can that be silly?

edit on 2-8-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Yet again... you're saying things.....

I NEVER SAID

I'm done with you. Hope you find someone else to twist their words around to your enjoyment.

Ciao.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: HarryJoy
.since my 28yr old daughter wants to be an OTR truck driver. I would be constantly worried about her being abducted since she is pretty and petite. .

So she's 28, pretty and petite......so automatically someone somewhere wants to take her...ok.....all men on this planet are rapists. happy now ?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Seems like a positive device to help catch the perp. Always carry other protection to help stop this from happening(mace,firearm,etc.). Can see college students putting it to use. Maybe further down the line can get rid of fees but set up donations for use.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
The benefit is that it does three things at once:

1. Calls the police/emergency services

2. Provides GPS coordinates to eliminate the woman having to explain where she is (if she even exactly knows)

3. Records what is happening for future use in case of a trial. 911 calls are recorded anyway, so I'm not sure how this is different except that perhaps is records the event prior to the call/after, etc.??

Brilliant! So instead of trying to dial, find your "voice record app" and get your "current location" on your phone (let's say you are not entirely exactly sure or a bit lost) you have one button to push.

Also, if you are under the threat of injury (gun, knife, physical hold, etc.) you can place it where it can be quickly reached and pressed. Just have to keep that phone on and charged.

If it helps people, great, though it isn't enough by itself, as other posters have said.

- AB

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Choice777

originally posted by: HarryJoy
.since my 28yr old daughter wants to be an OTR truck driver. I would be constantly worried about her being abducted since she is pretty and petite. .

So she's 28, pretty and petite......so automatically someone somewhere wants to take her...ok.....all men on this planet are rapists. happy now ?

While not a reply to me,
I don't believe anyone means that they consider all men as predators when they have a concern for their children, etc. The world is a dangerous place, and sometimes certain people are preyed on over others doesn't mean a whole gender just has to be classified in that context. Women, though in less cases, have attacked other women, from surgically(barbarically so) cut out children of pregnant mother, to couples abducting women(sexual motivations?) and just currently a woman killed her child's social worker and her family.

One time traveling on a bus came in contact with a younger(as described petite, pretty younger female) who was explaining that she travels for her job-by bus and stays in cheap motels unless she pays for them. That concerned me that these types of jobs exist seemingly without being cautious towards young women as employees, not only as a women but as knowing that human trafficking is not limited to "overseas" places and that cities can be harsh places, especially with gangs riding buses to attack people.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   

I think a team at a college (all men) once made a nail polish which would quickly and cheaply test drinks for illicit incapacitating pharmaceuticals. They thought they were clever and helpful.

The feminists were outraged. According to them of course, it wasn't women's responsiblity to use or think of this.

www.nationalreview.com...

victorygirlsblog.com...

So back to the original part of the post. It will go nowhere, because to them the only acceptable solution is for all men, exclusively, to be tagged and monitored involuntarily.
edit on 10-8-2015 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

Is there a recorded case in human history of a woman admitting fault ?
Have you seen that list down the page on the first link ? An anti rape culture rally is itself rape culture
And the microaggression nonsense fad of a website that was launched, pulled, relaunched and now it's gone again lol.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join