It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

iced coffee fans....how do you make it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
ive been on an iced coffee kick lately. it is expensive when it is pre made. im paying right around $3.50 for a half gallon.
i want to make it myself but it never turns out right.

so far i have been doing the brewed coffee poured over ice thing but it really sucks.

ive been reading that cold brewing is the way to go. im interested in how you guys make yours.

im thinking of making a pitcher of cold brew and then filling up some ice cube trays with the brew so when i pour over ice there is really no water melting into it.

how about flavor? i cant really get that right either.

do you guys use those flavored syrups?

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I do mine occasionally the simple way.

Brew a pot of Folgers coconut cream pie coffee, pour in pitcher.

Add a couple of pints of Silk Vanilla Almond Creamer. (I'm Vegan)

Cool in fridge overnight.

Pour in glass, add ice and enjoy.

That's how I like mine anyway. You don't get the watered down, melted ice taste.

Not a fan of syrups as they tend to make it taste like chemicals.

edit on 8 2 2015 by SgtHamsandwich because: (no reason given)

edit on 8 2 2015 by SgtHamsandwich because: words are hard

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I brew up a cup in my keurig a couple hours ahead of time so its cool, but really strong too. I like Snickernut coffee, but will usually use french roast (for stronger flavor).

I put 1 cup of cold coffee in a blender with a scoop of low carb ice cream, some splenda, 1/4c heavy cream, and 1 c almond/cashew/coconut milk (take your pick or blend), and may 3 ice cubes (from bagged ice..you don't drink our tap water). Blend it until smooth and enjoy. Maybe put a whipped cream on top? If i use snickernut coffee ill usually make a nutmeg whipped cream for it. If im not low carbing, i may even drizzle caramel over the whipped cream.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Hey my bigfatfurryfriend, I gotta say the juxtaposition of your yummy iced coffee recipe coupled with your avatar seriously cracked me up this morning.

We make what I called "poor man's blended lattes". I use a Ninja Blender (best damn blender on the planet) put in the cubes of one ice tray, about 1 cup of fat free half-n-half, some vanilla extract and 3 packages of the single serve Cafe Bustelo Espresso Instant Coffee (no really it's good stuff) blend that for a few minutes, it makes two 16 oz or better blended lattes.

It's been frightfully hot, hotter than hell actually this summer, and these babies sure do cool you off.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Mugly

I am trying to keep these in check myself but, the current formula includes espresso, chocolate or coffee ice cream, chocolate and coffee syrup.

Viola, Diabeetus!

edit on 2-8-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
In OZ it's made with ice-cream not ice (except in MacDOnalds etc)

Esspresso double shot (or instant coffee) to one third of your glass/cup/mug
double that with milk.
Scoop 3 rich vanilla ice-cream scoops into the glass.....Smoooosh it down into the cup 3 times ( a bob down more than a smooosh) with a tea spoon to get coffee covering the top of the ice-cream then it cascades over that rich ice cream yumminess.
1 teaspoon of raw sugar to sprinkle over the top of the icecreamscoops (cannot be refined sugar or you will be cursed for eternity by the Iced Coffee Initiative Collective ICIC)

Go outside in the sunshine legs must be elevated on a a day lounge, ottoman, balcony or in a pool. Extra-Long handled teaspoon to dip into the cream and then gently sip the coffee.

You're Welcome America.

PS/ Don't let me see you adding any of that disgusting fake whipped cream from a can anywhere near it, or I'll take to you with an extra long handled teaspoon.

edit on 2-8-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

I am trying to keep these in check myself but, the current formula includes espresso, chocolate or coffee ice cream, chocolate and coffee syrup.

Viola, Diabeetus!

I'll be right over and make mine a venti pleeeze.

Crikey I could eat a half gallon of coffee ice cream all by itself.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

That's how I do mine too. You need the espresso for that rich taste, and the ice cream to thicken, the squirting of chocolate or caramel just because.....

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I just brew some coffee, let it sit in the fridge and when I'm ready to drink it I add ice cubes to my morning cup of coffee (milk and sugar to follow).

Comes out great everytime. I never understood why ice coffee at D&D costs more than hot coffee.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
When I have Iced Coffee it is usually whatever is leftover in the Pot after its been sitting for awhile and gone cold, I fill a large glass, like a Collins Glass, with ice and fill it up with the Coffee and Add a generous amount of Cream, Usually No sugar for me though.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   
If it's not strong enough for the spoon to stand up in it, it's not worth drinking.
Also, when making ice, using coffee instead of water works well. That way it doesn't get watered down.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
If I'm making iced coffee I cold brew it and serve it over ice with some sweetened condensed milk. I think that's considered Vietnamese iced coffee, but whatever it's called it is delicious.

Another thing that is good. If you make kombucha, try using coffee instead of tea. Blend the coffee kombucha up with some milk and maybe some kind of flavored syrup. It tastes like a Frappucino.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Its not a bad idea.

Its just that no one within 100 miles really has any ice trays. At least, no one I know. The water is terrible, and the ice is just frozen terrible, in the entire permian basin area. Sometimes it smells like raw lake water. Sometimes it comes out red, or any other number of yucky colors. You fill up a pool with it, and it looks like lake water before you filter/treat it. We all buy R/O water and ice

sometimes ill brew the coffee into the coconut milk using my french press, then refrigerate it. To concentrate flavor and reduce water (since i eat low carb, less water means a more smooth frozen beverage)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   

I buy organic coffee beans from Trader Joe's...grind the coffee...use filtered water and make a full pot of coffee.

Then I let the coffee cool down...pour it into a pitcher and put it in the frig.

Then when I am ready to consume...I put some ice in a glass and pour in the coffee... you can add to it what you want.

This process works great for me...and it sure saves money!

top topics

join