It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As 'Do-Or-Die' Talks End In Failure, Could TPP Be Derailed for Good?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   
For your information....

This week's closed-door Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) negotiations in Maui, which President Barack Obama hoped would be the last round, ended Friday in failure to reach a final agreement, thereby pushing a U.S. ratification fight into the tumultuous 2016 presidential election cycle at the earliest—and raising hopes that the corporate-friendly accord could be derailed for good.

"It’s good news for people and the planet that no deal was done at this final do-or-die meeting given the TPP’s threats to jobs, wages, safe food, affordable medicines and more," said Lori Wallach, director of Public Citizen's Global Trade Watch, in a press statement.

"Only the beleaguered negotiators and most of the 600 official U.S. trade advisers representing corporate interests wanted this deal, which recent polling shows is unpopular in most of the countries involved."

The TPP is known to include numerous other controversial provisions, including secret corporate tribunals that allow multinationals to sue governments for loss of "expected future profits" and measures that would hike drug costs while decreasing access.

www.commondreams.org...

Too humid to sleep - I don't know how people survive this stuff.... ain't normal....

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Weather is never 'normal'.

Short answer is still NO.

Blatant and up front has been blocked. It is the only gain that I can see.

The backdoor system is still in place and functioning well......

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I cantrememberwhereiread it, it was certainly a major news site, but the Australian government were complaining that they were ready to go ahead and it was the other countries stalling progress.

It WILL go ahead, it's just a matter of time.

Just for the record I think it will be bad for all involved.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

"Only the beleaguered negotiators and most of the 600 official U.S. trade advisers representing corporate interests wanted this deal, which recent polling shows is unpopular in most of the countries involved."

Go figure. The US corporate 'interests' want into Asian markets, so they can take over.

Asia is like, take it somewhere else.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

I know of very few people who endorse this and absolutely nobody who knows what is actually in it.
edit on 2-8-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Weather is never 'normal'.

Short answer is still NO.

Blatant and up front has been blocked. It is the only gain that I can see.

The backdoor system is still in place and functioning well......

Never mind....
edit on 2-8-2015 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Well if it's "falling apart", that must mean the big capitalists don't have all that power as assumed.

But wait.

I bet they've found another "way" around all the fog and controversy.

There was a topic yesterday about this and not many responses.

Hmmm.

new topics

top topics

join