It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream - Battle Field

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
A few years ago I used to have the same dream quite often, it wasn't a long or complex dream but i've always thought it was weird it happened so often.

I'm in the body of some form of Knight, full black plate armour with silver edges to everything.

In my right hand I have a sword, normal silver coloured blade but the hilt is black with no detail. There is nothing in my left hand.

the sword i remember looks like this: but with the colours i mentioned above:

I'm wearing a helmet with an open front but I can't see my face there is just darkness where my face should be...and no I haven't a clue why i can see my own face.

The helmet looks like this one, but its more angular in my dream.

I'm standing in the site of a small battle field, there are perhaps 40 to 60 dead knights all in different coloured armour (all dull silvers, greys blacks)with no tabards to show their alligence. There isn't any blood or gore even though the knights are dead. There are other knights wondering around, everyone including myself feels sad and weary.

To my left there is a forest, tall dark trees. To my right there is a building, there are no bodies there, the building seemed Roman for some reason.

I've drawn a quick map of the layout:
The green is the forest
The red is the building
The teal is the battle field
The blue is where i am standing
The white is just normal grass

thanks if anyone can shed any light on the meaning of the dream...maybe its just a general meaningless dream, i just thought it weird that it happened so often.

thanks

[edit on 29-12-2004 by UK Wizard]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   
You were probably a Knight in your past life. Or it means that many of your kinsmen will die. Those are my ideas.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
These interpretations are taken from dreammoods.

Soldier
To see a soldier in your dream, signifies your staunch attitudes and how you may impose your opinions and feelings on others. Alternatively, you may be preparing yourself do battle over an issue and defend your values and opinions.

Knight
To see a knight in your dream, signifies protection and security. The knight can be seen as a savior or someone who sweeps you off your feet, as in the "knight in shining armor".

Battle
To be in or see a battle in your dream, suggests that you are overworked. You need to give yourself a break. There is a conflict between your rational thinking and your irrational impulses. Alternatively, it represents eroticism. You may be overly stimulated or you are trying to suppress your instinctual urges.

Battlefield
To dream that you are on a battlefield, represents some major conflict occurring in your waking life. It may indicate a new situation, new problem or new relationship which you need to solve and conquer.

War
To dream of a war, signifies disorder and chaos in your personal affairs. You also be experiencing some internal conflict or emotional struggle. You are feeling torn between aspects of yourself. Perhaps the dream may indicate that you are being overly aggressive or you are not being assertive enough.

I once dreamt I was in a battlefield. Maybe the above interpretations will help you.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
thanks for the ideas, when i had the dreams i had major exams and was stressed out....they could be the reason

thanks

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Perhaps your interested in the middle ages i dont know really

Odd

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
the sword looks Celtic or Nordic in origin, given the shape of the quillions and the length of the hilt.

As for the helmet, I'm at a loss... possibly Greco-Roman.

Did you get a look at the opposing army, or your fellow soldiers?

I've had a lot of dreams like this myself, and I generally put them down to stress... but they can get pretty crazy.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odd
Did you get a look at the opposing army, or your fellow soldiers?

Nope, everyone was wearing the same armour as me but different metallic colours - silver, bronze, gold etc.

As far as i could tell there was no 'army' just soliders who fought. There didn't seem to be 'sides'.

new topics

top topics

join