It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle CEO Who set Company Minimum Salary at $70k/yr Struggling

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I got into the door of working on commercial (or union) sites back when I was 16 to 18. It was only an Apprenticeship, but as a second year I was still clearing $550 plus site allowance, compared to the $250 I was getting working on domestic sites. lol, just kept ringing the bloke up till he eventually gave in and finally put me on.

But yeah, 95% of the time its not what you know, its who you know, when it comes to hooking up those ridiculously well paid jobs.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Its hilarious watching these right wingers pump their chest out like this is an example of failure in "progressive" type of ideals.

LMAO It only shows how freakin selfish and basically pathetic most of the human race is.

LOL the reason why the idea failed is because a bunch of selfish clowns got mad that their fellow man got a big raise and they didnt get the similar large raise.

Are you freakin kidding???

YOURE EFFING MAKING ABOVE $70K A YEAR WTF IS YOUR PROBLEM???

Its not like the lower paid guys got paid YOUR salary they just started out higher than when you first started WTF IS YOU PROBLEM??? YOU IMBECILES ARE MAKING MORE THAN THEM STILL!!!

SMH at most of the human race.

I seriously dont give this race no more than 500 years.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: aiolosmartine

Imagine that....its about more than the money. Its about feeling valued. its about working for a company that doesn't do things that are unusual, and that could threaten the entire operation.

I personally wouldn't work for a "maverick" either. I prefer job security over high ideals.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
Sounds like this was done in the most extreme way possible, a set up for failure. This guy will be fine, he did his job, the job being pretending to be a friend, while making sure to fail, so that the idea of paying people better can be "proven" to be a failure.

The issue is extreme wealth gaps, not wealth gaps. He we went too far in the other direction specifically to fail so the corporate elites could ultimately keep the status quot and use this as an example why.

This works because people are so illogical that they think they can form universal principles from every anecdote they hear.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
The key to any raising of the lower level wages, is by decreasing the wages at the top, and then creating a proportional scale between the top and bottom...the bottom level doesn't get shared by everyone...

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
70K a year is a fortune to many people.

Essential services like paramedics get a thin slice of the pie, because apparently saving lives is a burden on the budget.

We privatize healthcare but the private sector doesn't exactly send it's own ambulances-that is left to the public and underfunded paramedics. Sure it is good that your private health insurance might meet you both ways but that won't do an ounce of good if you die in the ambulance, and if you die in an ambulance that is awfully convenient to the private health insurers.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
I personally wouldn't work for a "maverick" either. I prefer job security over high ideals.

And Maverick usually gets you shot into the canopy.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: aiolosmartine
I seriously dont give this race no more than 500 years.

Your double negative indicates you believe the human race will be long lived and prosperous?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: SubTruth

When an extreme example of something fails the only thing it demonstrates is the failures of extremes.

Actually you are right......But so am I. Progressive ideals and logic are extreme. They sit on the far left side of the political spectrum. They lay the path for oligarchies.......Look into the past to see the future. Hitler was a progressive liberal union leader this is how he gained and kept power. The brown shirts..........Nazi Germany was in fact a oligarchy form of rule.
edit on 4-8-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-8-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

it would suck working for maverick
but you know i would work for goose

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mugly
but you know i would work for goose

I have worked on goose before; foie gras, roasted, stuffed. Mmmmm.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: aiolosmartine
Way less.

We have to get serious about the enviornment which will force us to care more and work together better.

Nature leaves no choice either we choose balance or a natural force makes the choice for us.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Update...not stuggling. Doing well, but saying that the verdict is still out.

[Li nk]

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

That employers who left are selfish bastards! If there is hell they just got one way ticket.

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join