It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle CEO Who set Company Minimum Salary at $70k/yr Struggling

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: defcon25
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Nonsensical is believing that without a job you won't be poor.

lol I don't work or have to work and I am not poor,I consider myself to be very well off even though I have worked in the past.
Lots of people never have to work a day in their life through circumstances such as inheritance etc.
What you just said is a complete fallacy.

That is not what the word "fallacy" means.

But since you bring it up, here is a fallacy for ya:

Misleading vividness

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: defcon25
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

You can't hold the entire planet hostage like that. I was not born to be enslaved in a collective.

You may believe you are born free and not a slave to the collective but if you are participating in society which you indeed are then you are a slave to the collective because you are bound by the laws of the society in which you live.
If you decide to break the laws of society and get caught you will either be fined or go to jail.
If you work you pay taxes to contribute to society via the government who are elected by the collective society in order to decide where the money gets spent then you are participating in the collective society.

On my terms, and by my choice.

Which means I am retaining my individuality.

I don't live within society as if it were my mother. Instead, i use society like a tool to achieve my goals.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ForteanOrg

Still - you work - he signs a check.

And your point?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The check represents the shackles of wage slavery, the pen used to sign the check represents the modern equivalent to the whip, and the boss who does the signing represents the modern slave master...

Of course this assessment is fairly ridiculous and utterly lacking in logic, yet I can find you links where people are actually this out of touch.
www.naturalnews.com...#
www.thrivingnow.com...
conspiracy-watch.org...

Amazingly, ideas like this: www.thrivequest.com... are rarely discussed among these groups because it takes personal responsibility, self control, and discipline, all of which is a lot more difficult than sitting around complaining and pointing fingers.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Im happy to work for someone....but i still sign the checks.
Thats just one of the many job duties i have.

That small point aside, i don't have 30mil to build my ow business. And if i did, i certainly wouldn't be able to do all the work on my own.

Could you imagine an owner run.....

....hospital, where your surgeon is also mopping floors in between patients
....hotel, where the owner checks you in, cleans your room, staffs the desk 24X7
....a restaurant, where the owner is the chef and server. The ticket times in that place would be somewhere between "never" and "forever"
....a nursing home, with only 1 person to make sure grandma doesn't choke on her applesauce, while at the same time making sure Aunt Betty isn't stewing i her filth

The notion is ludicrous.
edit on 8/3/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Those people who quit, what bad happened to them?

After all, these people did not get a pay cut. They did not have anything taken away from them. At the end of the day they were in exactly the same position that afternoon as they had been when they walked into work. They lost nothing.

Well, except for their sense of superiority, merited or not.

Well who is to say that all the employee's have the same job description? Lets face it some jobs have additional responsibilities and/or requirements. If you have been at a company for a prolonged period why would you want to have new hires starting out make the same as you? Its not a sense of superiority as you put it, but a sense of accomplishment. By evening the pay of the workers it puts the workers who have been there longer in a position that their contributions mean squat. The more politics come into this the worse it will get. [And yes this political] Equality is not bringing everybody to the same level it's about giving everybody the same chances. I'm sorry people but fast food is not worth paying $15/hr. It puts the unskilled fast food worker in the same category as someone starting in a job that actually has skill requirements. Not every job can take anyone off the street and teach them how to do the job. I used to work in electronic repair and let me give you my observation that not everyone can pick up a soldiering iron and place a ic chip. And that my friend was a min wage job to start! So till the day everybody can do the same things there will be differences in what people can do and as a result some people will earn less because of lack of skill or lack of training.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
The check represents the shackles of wage slavery, the pen used to sign the check represents the modern equivalent to the whip, and the boss who does the signing represents the modern slave master...

Well, I just doubled checked the amount and if my paycheck is 'wage slavery' they can keep me locked up on the plantation forever.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: hangedman13

i agree.
i could walk into mcdonalds right now and work the grill...there is no skill in that.
yeah the floor is slippery and yeah it is hot but there is no skill there.

the mcdonalds grill guy can not walk into my company and do my job.
that is why there is and should be a difference in pay.

fast food work does not warrant 15 bucks an hour.

if my state ever falls in line with that bull# i will be at work the next day getting everyone organized on how best to handle the situation. the situation being those fast food workers got a near 100% pay increase....we should as well.
if that kind of hike is good enough for workers that are doing no skill jobs, it is damn sure good enough for people that spent years getting their qualifications up.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

im with you on that too.
this slave here gots him a 70 inch LED and a harley parked out front.
im cool with that

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Only took 15 pages for people to start bragging about their certifications and stuff that they own.

Not bad.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: corvuscorrax
Only took 15 pages for people to start bragging about their certifications and stuff that they own.

Not bad.

i dont know.
there is a good chance i mentioned it long before this.
so what?

there was a member trying to equate cashing a check with being enslaved.
i certainly dont feel that way and im allowed to talk about my #.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Mugly

Of course you are.

Just like I'm allowed to think you're a twit for doing so.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: corvuscorrax

true.
you are perfectly allowed to think that.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

the mcdonalds grill guy can not walk into my company and do my job.
that is why there is and should be a difference in pay.

fast food work does not warrant 15 bucks an hour.

Anyone can walk onto a union construction site and be a labourer. But they earn well over $20US an hour in Australia and I am positive earn at least $20US an hour in the US also. So whats the issue?

Is it just McDonalds workers you have an issue with earning a living wage? Or is it anyone who doesn't need a month training to do there job?

Seems to me your opposition to a living minimum wage is out of pure spite. You want to be made to feel your contribution to society is more important than it actually is, though other peoples misery.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: corvuscorrax

Not bad.

Most professional certifications are the result of tens of thousands of dollars educational investments, years of work in school and in the office, and a strong sense of personal responsibility required to understand only you can do it for yourself and nobody is going to(or should) give it to you just because you exist.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

i am not talking about a laborer at a construction site. did i say that?
i said my job. i dont work at a construction site.

im so tired of the living wage crap.
what i said was fast food work does not warrant $15 an hour. if you want to call that a living wage, fine. do it.
ive worked for less per hour than that and i made it. i had shelter. i had a roof. i had a car.
not sure what people mean when they say living wage.

read into it what you will. i just think people need to earn their money through what skills they have.
people feel entitled these days and want those wages handed to them. others are on board with giving it to them.
silly me for thinking that people should attain the skills that will allow them to work the kinds of jobs that will pay them those wages.

i also never said anything about my contribution to society so stop twisting my # around. i am pretty straight forward with my posts.

i see it as a slap in the face to people(like myself) that have spent years in the trades. on the job. in school learning out skills and sharpening them up so that we can make the wages we do.
now the entitled generation comes along and wants/expects the same pay while not putting in any of the effort.

my mind will not change on this issue. call it what you will. think what you will. it really does not change anything.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

these days people want it and expect it though just because they exist.
ive spent a lot of hours in training and in classrooms to get myself where i am. in qualifications and in pay.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

That tidbit aside, your post walks right into the ego driven identity politics that others are discussing here. You have arbitrarily decided that one profession is inferior to another and made value judgments based upon that point of view that, given the real world facts, do not at all support your predisposed biases.

IE the profession you chose to slight just happens to be far more lucrative than you probably imagined.

I judge no one or any career, don't care one way or the other. We are talking payment for a service and it seems you can not tell the difference between a heart surgeon or a hair dresser as to which service should generate more income. Both spend 2 hours working on you so they must be equal...

Also I guess you misunderstood, I'm not talking YouTube gamer, that takes too much work, and they got to be funny and talented too. I'm saying just play games and nothing else.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

i am not talking about a laborer at a construction site. did i say that?
i said my job. i dont work at a construction site.

I never said you did say you worked at a construction site. I was asking if you were just as opposed to a unskilled labourer earning a decent wage, as you are to a so called 'burger flipper'.

people feel entitled these days and want those wages handed to them. others are on board with giving it to them.
silly me for thinking that people should attain the skills that will allow them to work the kinds of jobs that will pay them those wages.

How high your wage is shouldn't be the only motivation for gaining skills & training. Its also about obtaining employment that will stimulate you and has good conditions and benefits.

Minimum wage workers either made there choices or of no fault of there own were given a bad hand, then ended up working in dead end jobs, doing boring repetitive tasks. But in a first world country that doesn't mean they should be forced to work 60 hours a week just to put food on the table for there family. imo, a hard days work should always be rewarded with a fair days pay.

The world needs ditch diggers too and its not possible for everyone to obtain there dream job.
edit on 3-8-2015 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mugly

these days people want it and expect it though just because they exist.
ive spent a lot of hours in training and in classrooms to get myself where i am. in qualifications and in pay.

The very definition of "entitled".

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join