It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's assume Bernie wins...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

We have the Administrative branch, the Legislative branch, and the Judicial branch of government.

If one or two is corrupt, no matter how honest or sincere the other is, it'd be like sitting on a bar stool with only one working leg.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: AK907ICECOLD

Broaden your horizons a little bit man. Choosing a president based on a gun issue alone is ridiculous. I'm not saying it doesn't matter, but surely there are other issues that are equally or more important.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I... nope, you're going to have to clarify for me, I'm feeling a bit lost and clueless I hate to admit here... >.>

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Ahh right. On that we agree. Which leaves a, what can we really do at this point situation?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedal
a reply to: AK907ICECOLD

Broaden your horizons a little bit man. Choosing a president based on a gun issue alone is ridiculous. I'm not saying it doesn't matter, but surely there are other issues that are equally or more important.

That's the problem with the dumbass voters in this country. They let emotional issues rule their choices and those in power who want to stay in power know it. Being led by the nose that way and letting one or two wedge issues sway them toward a government that is no good for anyone but the elected officials and the oligarchs who control them is just plain ignorant.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

Ahh right. On that we agree. Which leaves a, what can we really do at this point situation?

Watch Rome burn.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Maybe you're right... marshmallows, hotdogs, or smores?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: rockintitz

I was speaking to your JFK point. Not getting into that crap and off topic debate with you.

ETA: I fixed my original post to clarify it for you.

To be fair, I didn't mention Obama in my first post.

You did.

And I consider it disgraceful to compare Obama with JFK.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: Bluntone22
The guy will be 75 years old at the time of the next election, he's not going to make it through the nomination process. Old people don't get young votes.

Sure they do. Look at all the President's that have been voted in not all of them are kids after all the average age of them is 55 years old. Young people aren't as stupid as you think they listen to what the candidate is saying not how old he is.

If people listened to what candidates where saying we would not have the turd in the White House we have today.
And no young people are not stupid, just inexperienced and easily swayed by the new hip thing.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Which Bernie is. The new hip thing. He represents the very thing younger generations usually go for. In a way he's a rebel, and let's be honest as kids, that's often who we looked to. He represents a finger to those we look to as in power and keeping us down.

If anything more than anyone else running, Bernie is the best choice for younger voters.

Well cept for those who'll vote for Trump cause they think it's funny... God I hate people sometimes...

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Well let's be honest. This whole election process is a popularity contest just like being elected prom queen.
The people best suited for the job never get out of the shadows. We get stuck with who's electable.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I've always said, politician are the people who left high school and decided to make the high school lifestyle a career.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: rockintitz

I was speaking to your JFK point. Not getting into that crap and off topic debate with you.

ETA: I fixed my original post to clarify it for you.

To be fair, I didn't mention Obama in my first post.

You did.

And I consider it disgraceful to compare Obama with JFK.

What is your comprehension problem here? I merely pointed out they said the same thing you just said before the current president got elected. Fact.

Do you have some Pavlovian response issues when you see his name? There is no comparison of the two here. Just a comparison of was said of the current president and what YOU said about Sanders. As in, your statement was unoriginal.

edit on 8/2/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Don't you think that's, perhaps, where we come in?

A President is only as effective as his support, or her support.

Without support, they're going to be ineffective.

He has one house of Congress, stalemated. Both Houses? He'll be able to get pretty much anything done.

Now if he has neither, which could very well happen this cycle. One party with the Oval Office, the other with both houses...

Where then does the support come from?

It comes from us. Where else is there?

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Who was the last president that really stood up to there promises, id love for Bernie to win and help heal the country, but thats just me being too optimistic.

If he wins there probably stalemates on laws and budgets, and not much gets done.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Right but if he actually tries but is stonewalled at every opportunity by congress and the senate, is it the same thing as saying he'll make changes but not even try? Who do we hold at fault for failing to meet his promisses, him, or the congress and senate that told him fu at every opportunity?

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Great question and i wish i could answer you, i see a deep divide in the usa and it will be hard for any president to get things done if he cant bridge the left and right.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

In this case I don't think it's a left/right issue, it a non bought non corporate shill verses a senate/congress filled with them regardless of party.

Each and every member of congress/senate is bought and paid for by corporate lobbyists, the very people Bernie is against.

He'll have no support regardless of party cause they won't bite the hands that feed them.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity
How are we sure that Obama is acting against the TPTBs agenda? Is it possible he could be upholding and furthering them ? There are a couple of candidates that do appear to be going against the same ol same ol. One of them is Bernie

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Fairly certain he isn't. The results of obama care's "fines" tells me who his masters are.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join