It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we being prepared?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Okay, Wow allot of insight on this. Each of us has given a good position that we might take. Now, aside from the Movie aspect of this.. its goes back to the question, Being aware that there is more then us in this world. Let's look at where tha major threats are in this world, I see presence, for a reason that some have not seen. Is there a attempt to make it clear in a peaceful matter, but where not seeing this? Where is the Threat? Compared to ourselfs? We have one chance to preserve this Planet, were failing right now, If that message alone stood for their reason for being here, we might want to listen. Regarless of Religion and how it is written, as well as other concepts that come into this question. Sometimes the simple question can be answered... mine would be, Look Up, if you don't see it now, continue to Look, you will see differently, or maybe not.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by thexplorer
Do you think its a possiblity that we are getting messages through these, maby to try and prepare us when they do come and make themselves public. ??

I think, the aliens are just examining us, and the way we react to alien "signs". I don't think, they want to prepare us for any contact. Humans are too hostile and primitive to deserve any public contact with aliens. Any contact would definately result in chaos and war. A few hundred thousand years will do before any contact.

Some people are really in contact with aliens, but they are only a few, and under special circumstances.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Being prepared should still be a disturbance, I know alot of people focus their minds that they made this movie to hit the box office...Maybe they did, but.
One thing is certain, IT IS going to happen. It may not be in our time, maybe it will..But Its going to happen, and being prepared may not help when that lucky rock destroyes the earth.
(PS: Sorry for such a harsh 1st post)

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 03:54 AM
link   
We are being De-sensitized.

Mass media bombardment of sad and fatal images constantly, each event more heart rendering and sadder than before.

Before long sensitzed to disaster, not unlike a beaten woman who is De-sensitized by each beating being worse than the one before.

[edit on 1-1-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
If by desensitized you mean that we have been conditioned that the idea of alien life is ridiculous, then I agree. There is no room in our culture, as a whole, that can accept the idea of an alien lifeform existing. Throw in the idea that we may have been or are currently being visited and the whole concept is thought of as a load of bull.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 03:59 AM
link   
If they come for peace, i will give them a cup of coffee (Enjoy Earthly drinks)

IF they come for war like War of the worlds, I rather they never come

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join