It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we being prepared?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Ive just watched a couple programs on the sci fi channel, the first one was outer limits where a young girl kept getting upducted by greys.

The second was called reptillians, where excavaters found a skelaton remains of an ancient dinosaur and reptiod aliens come down to earth and bring it back to life.

Do you think its a possiblity that we are getting messages through these, maby to try and prepare us when they do come and make themselves public. ??

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I don't know about that but my thought are that maybe a movie like the day after tomorrow was shown to prepare us for what is too come

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I agree we are beeing aclamated to what's to come

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
The movie industry is making films that are of interest to todays society so they can assure that the movies are number one at the box office?

Think about it..... what would be the best way to make the most money at the box office?

Just a thought

B56

[edit on 29-12-2004 by blend56]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   
good point, since all the fuss about the global warming in a the past couple of years then it would make good sense to a film company to make a movie to make something like that.

But still other programs like the ones i have just seen arnt really selling, but there still there. Im not entirely sure maby its both, too make money and to tell the truth.

who knows?

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Well if the intent of the movie industry were to look on this site, (producers) or whoever, will be able to make a Award winning feature based opon truth... There is allot of it (truth) within these threads. Which subject that happens to be selected, might make the the difference in a Award!
Otherwise, its for you to see what truths, compared to what you currently believe, are real. Or maybe not. There is allot of wiggle room there folks.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Making a movie or a tv show is a creative process. The ideas come from the writers who put a script together for the directors, who direct the actors. My question is, with all the people involved, who is giving the orders to the writers on what the ideas would be about? Is NASA, or the "govt" telling the writers and directors what to do? And if the writers/directors/producers are in on the secret, then you would think that somehow, someway, that would have been leaked to the public. Sorry, but IMO, the movies and tv shows that come out are just to make money. That's all...

PS...another thought I had is that until the past few years, the tech we had for making scifi movies was pretty weak. With the digital movie making boom, Hollywood is able to put on film all the things we ever imagined about aliens, or space travel, and make it look real. That makes for great entertainment!

[edit on 29-12-2004 by mpeake]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
might be .. after reagon I believe made his statement at the UN and after late Astronaut Gordon Cooper made his about that there is life the one made a indirect statement and Cooper made a direct statement saying that there is life out there. and yes you can see it with serie's like startrek and stargate get more and more populairity.
and maybe stargate is comming more to the truth that we are willing to believe.

but yes we are preperared I just reasently downloaded a documentary
called Close encounters proof of Alien Contact
its has Cooper in it and speaking about ufo's and about us being prepared for contact in not so distant future.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
You can look at like this...in the past 10 years, what kind of movies have had the most success? Here are a few...see if you can find the similarities:

LOTR Trilogy
Star Wars (Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones)
Matrix Trilogy
Independence Day
Day After Tomorrow
Spider Man 1&2
Men in Black 1&2

All of these movies were HUGE successes due to one thing. Digital special effects. These could have never been done (at least done well) over 10 years ago. If you can imagine it, you can film it nowadays. So, things that we could not make look real about alien invasions, or alien space travel before, we can do now. This is why we see much more movies that are about aliens, or paranormal topics, or disasters.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by thexplorer
Ive just watched a couple programs on the sci fi channel, the first one was outer limits where a young girl kept getting upducted by greys....

...Do you think its a possiblity that we are getting messages through these, maby to try and prepare us when they do come and make themselves public. ??

Not to sound rude, but:

A.) You were watching the sci-fi channel. Aliens and Strange Beings are pretty much par for the course in nearly every show.

B.) You were watching the Outer Limits, which has been around since the early 1960's, and starts off telling you that they control your television.

You can't live your life according to fiction. Once you start seeing stuff like this in the "real" news, such as Fox, NBC, ABC, and the rest, then it might be reasonable to think that we are being "prepared".

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
You are being prepared...

To buy the video on VHS or DVD

It's all about sales, and the alien/sci-fi theme has been a hot topic since the 1950s. For example, Stephen Spielberg isn�t going to argue with those who (ac)claim that he has inside information when making his movies because it translates purely into higher sales.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Much has been said of this subject. From secret meetings with Steven Spielberg to the noted Cosmic Journey program. I think that we want to be prepared for such an encounter, but as an official program? Probably not. There are issues ranging from Gov't resistance to disclosure to everyday people's fear that would prevent a general willingness to know the truth. There are many of us who would desire and welcome such knowledge, but I think we will need a long run of patience to see this through. I do not think we are actively being prepped for disclosure of the EBE's existence.

[edit on 29-12-2004 by Der Kapitan]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I read an article before the Day After Tomorrow came out and it was an interview with the writer. He said that he wrote this film to send a message that if we don't help save the planet this is what will happen.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Indeed I think Hollywood is for sure used against us, to prepare our minds so that widespread panic doesnt happen when a nwo plot takes place....

One example I can say might be part of this plot would be the upcoming Speilber/Cruise colabo "War of the Worlds." Maybe this movie is being fabricated to desensitize us to an alien invasion. Maybe Will Cooper is right, a phony alien invasion is coming to unite the nations of the world into a one world alliance.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I think that some sources either in or out of our govt. are trying to get us aclimated to the coming onslaught of meeting up with our cosmic friends. Could you imange our govt. just all at once telling us we are not alone? We would be forced to run to the bathroom and slit our wrists. The fine citizens of this here U.S. would think the end of the world is near and our govt. would face collaspe. There would be wide spread looting, muder, and general lawlessness. I aslo have entertained the fact that what the govt. does'nt just rule out as plain fallecy, they will let the citizens figurt it out. In the meantime, we sit waiting and wondering when all the feces is going to hit the fan!

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Think about it, Micheal Moore + Roswell

ka-ching!

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Sometimes I think we are all on one big creative merry go round that spirals infinitely with new input.

But if we were being prepared for a realization then they�re doing an ok job. Imho

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Coronation street was ontonight and it was about Karen being kicked out. Does this mean that all the men in the world are going to kick outtheir wives?

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Nope - Hollywood = cash, and they are like Penguins. Something makes money and they all make it.

Heck, even the earliest hit films have been sci-fi (Metropolis-27, Buck Rogers-39, etc.) so conditioning would have been started before the whole alien thing took off. War of the Worlds was on the radio in 38 and the film in 53 - new one should be good now that we have decent effects.

Maybe, but given the Hollywood types I know it all about the cash....

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
There are no consistent messages in the media regarding extraterrestrials other than the underlying subject of extraterrestrials itself. So no, we are not being prepared as these types of messages were in the media long before 1947 through the media that existed then.

There is no way to condition humans for extraterrestrials anyway. As September 11, 2001 proved, terrorism can still shock the world despite the fact that its been going on as long as civilization has existed. The revelation of ETs would be so overwhelming that no amount of conditioning beforehand would be useful. With their governments lying to them daily regarding UFO/ET sightings being non-existant, and their majority religions not including anything concerning extraterrestrial life, its no wonder this continues to be the case.

[edit on 29-12-2004 by Frith]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join