It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pain in the *bleep*

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Getting old sucks. There... I said it.

Last week I got stuck on a business trip where I hadn't planned on spending the night. Seeing as I had no clothing, etc, I went to the mall to pick up essentials. I walked around for probably 2 hours. By the end of the night, my hips were really aching. Thought it was weird, but brushed it off.

Two days later (last Saturday) I was at my regularly scheduled fitness session and was surprised that my gluts seemed very sore. Almost as if I had a strain. I opted against further training and decided to give it a rest.

Worked out on Wednesday with no issues. Worked out this morning too. I did some further training after workout. Overall good session.

About 4-5 hours afterwards, I started getting a dull ache in my left glut... Although not in the same place as the previous achiness. I've taken 4 ibuprofen in the past 6 hours with no improvement.

I'm pretty sure I didn't do anything to injure myself during either my workout or close combat training. For the life of me, I can't figure out what is causing this ache unless it's just old age.... Urrrrr.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

Thankfully so far old age isn't causing me more pains and aches than I have always had... Then again I was rowdy in my teens and twenties and torqued my body pretty badly young.

My issue with age... My hairline seems to be in retreat and apparently my ears are trying to pick up the slack by growing hair where none should ever be.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Perhaps your sciatic nerve is acting up.

Perhaps you sat for a prolonged amount of time on the same spot? Slept on it wrong?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

OK, glad to say that I don't have hair growing where it shouldn't.... But if I had to choose, I think I'd rather have ear hair. Lol, at least you can get rid of it...

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

Not sure about the sciatic nerve. Hadn't considered that so thanks....

The pain is in my left cheek/hip/thigh area right where the abductor connects to the glut.

I've tried gently stretching the area but it doesn't seem to help. It feels strained, just like my gluts did last weekend.

I swear it's like a ghost pain or something.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

your problem is you need to administer a couch and wine q 4 hours, with a stat dose (for good measure).

I find doing maintenance therapy daily really helps those flare ups. So i make sure i keep to a strict regimen of couch and wine. Its helped tremendously.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I'm curious. How 'old' are you?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Piriformis Syndrome (??)
destroychronicpain.wordpress.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Well...lately Im realizing all the old injuries I had as a kid? They would all come back to hurt me....and then one day? WHAMMMMM!

Now I look young but feel like crap...everything hurts and it takes me longer to feel better and shorter to hurt more! To the gym I go...and its like a death march.

Welcome to the world of "oh-oh-Im becoming old!"

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Yes, doctor.... Lol. Working on those orders right now as the kids and I watch the Lazarus Effect.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Mid-40s....

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Oh just wait... it only gets better !

Bend down to pick up the dog bowl dish ?
Snap crackle pop.

Stretch your arm around to scratch that hard to reach itch on the back ?
Snap crackle pop.

Wake up in the morning and roll out of bed ?
Snap crackle pop.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: CIAGypsy
a reply to: Night Star

Mid-40s....

Well, damn. I just found your problem. I mean, i've never won "Diagnosticin of the Year" or anything....but i have a hunch.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

OH, I hear you.... I have to stretch for at least 15 minutes before I even start a warm up. And I usually start to stiffen up within 30 minutes after training.

Ironically, the cure for me has been something like a bloody mary for a hangover. Once I start exercises again, the stiffness goes away and I feel better.

Except for last Saturday.... And now today.

Weird.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   

In all seriousness (and admittedly its been a few years) I was a competitive weightlifter in days gone by. And it was the same for me: soreness (from the lactic acid buildup after workout) was best relieved with some good warm up exercise. When it was bad enough to leave bruising I would have to be more careful, or risk injuring the muscle. But soreness felt good, it quelled a jones actually.

Sounds more like you have some inflammation that is causing some nerve pain. It isn't in the muscle...its in the spine. Probably the sciatic nerve. From what you describe, and in my own personal experience.

But i cured my addiction to endorphins with couch, and im much better now.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ccseagull

That very well could be it.... Symptoms seem similar.

However, I don't sit a lot. Not on concrete very often either. Certainly not overweight. Don't think I'm over training.... My workouts/training sessions are always back to back. Usually 3 days a week for 2 hrs or so... Sometimes 4,but not lately because I've been too busy with work.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Yeah, it's definitely not typical soreness related to a workout. It's very possibly sciatica, which I have never had before. Let's hope not.....

Anyone know what you do for that?

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   

chiropractic can help, depending. Otherwise, like any skeletomuscular injury...time to heal. Staying somewhat active (enough to keep blood flowing through the area to help healing, but not enough to further aggravate it) helps. Bedrest shouldn't be the approach, even if it hurts a little. Sure, relax a bit more. But laying in bed for 3 days will only make it worse.

ETA:

- sit with both feet on the floor. Don't cross your legs...its bad for the lower back
- when you sleep, a pillow between the knee can relieve some of the pain
- a firm surface to lay on can help...but getting back up may hurt. The muscle relax (which is a pleasurable pain in itself), and getting them fired up again can be difficult albeit necessary
- see a chriopractor anyway. They can help stave off future strains. I know it seems dumb (if you don't buy into it as medicine), but it does help, and if nothing else the massage and hands on treatment is therapeutic in and of itself
edit on 8/2/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Your issues at a guess sound more like diet related than ageing. Try taking magnesium every night before sleep and steer clear of as much calcium as possible yogurts and cheese. Buy some chlorela also every now and again and see how you feel. I did and I feel like Im twenty only I tire after a ten hour day of physical work.I thought I was old in my late thirties and that thought was wrong. I just felt as if I was old, big difference. good luck

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   

I am nearing on your age. I came out of the orthopedic surgeon last Monday crying. Advanced arthritis in my left knee, moderate in the right. Have had knee problems before, but never expected this. Have always have been active. Done aeorbics, zuumba, cardio kickboxing, etc. The left knee may need to be replaced, but that sounds sort of cool, Lindsay Wagner cool. It happens.

There will be normal aches and pains.

Making sure to stretch and warm up before exercise helps. Glucosamine with chondroitin and vit D3 was recommended by my osteo doctor.

edit on 2-8-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join